- “Nature Calls!”
- —Zoo Lou's official catchphrase
A wild and wooly warrior, Zoo Lou doesn't suffer fools gladly. He also is most likely to talk to animals, plants, and sometimes a pebble or two.
Descended from a long line of shamans, Zoo Lou traveled far and wide to the Seven Strange Strongholds – ancient, mysterious sites of great wonder in Skylands – where he studied the wisdom and fighting styles of the Seven Strange Mages. After many years of traveling and studying, Zoo Lou returned to find an army of trolls had invaded his sacred homeland to mine its natural magic resources. Zoo Lou’s warrior heart burned with fury. And having now mastered the enchanted art of communicating with nature and summoning animals, he unleashed his great mojo – attacking the trolls and single handedly freeing his lands once again. It was this heroic feat that caught the eye of Double Trouble, who then brought Zoo Lou to Master Eon and the Skylanders.
A bear shaman with a warrior's heart, Zoo Lou spent many years studying the wisdom of the Seven Strange Mages, gaining the ability to summon mystical animals to his side. When his studies were complete, he returned home, only to find it had been invaded by trolls. Zoo Lou flew into a rage, put his newly-acquired skills into action, and the entire troll army had to grin and 'bear' the beating of their lives. Double Trouble witnessed Zoo Lou's heroic deed and brought the shaman to Master Eon, who proceeded to make Zoo Lou a Skylander.
Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon
Zoo Lou is able to summon three different animal spirits to help him in battle. The first animal spirit is a ghostly eagle that swoops down on enemies before disappearing. The second animal spirit he can summon is a wolf that can attack enemies, and will disappear after a while. The third animal spirit is a Boghog that Zoo Lou can ride, and trample enemies with. In the Story and Activity Book: Time Twisters, it is shown that Zoo Lou can talk to ordinary animals, and can even communicate telepathically with them.
- Health: 290 (max. 580)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 18 (max. 48)
- Critical Hit: 6 (max. 56)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 65
- Defense: 95
- Agility: 30
- Luck: 120
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Bird Call||Wolf Call||
Birds of Prey
Press Attack 1 to summon birds that will attack nearby enemies.
Press Attack 2 to summon a helpful wolf ally.
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone/Power Pods.
|Piggyback Ride||Raging Boar||Swoop Re-loop||Better Beaks|
Press Attack 3 to ride around on a wild boar, dealing damage to all nearby enemies. There is a short wait before this ability can be used again.
Boar does increased damage. Riding on a raging boar doesn't seem safe...for enemies!
Press Attack 1 to shoot spirit birds that will seek out enemies and attack them twice before flying away.
Bird attacks do increased damage. Caw caw caw!
|The Bucking Boar|
|Rough Rider||Thicker Pigskin||Hog Wild|
Press Attack 3 to ride around on a wild boar that kicks up damaging dust and rocks at nearby enemies.
Armor is increased. Thicker skin reduces damage taken from attacks and insults.
Press Attack 3 to ride around on a wild boar. After jumping off, the boar will continue to trample nearby enemies for a short time.
|The Wild Wolf|
|Alpha Wolf||Hunger of the Wolf||Hunter and Gatherer|
Press Attack 2 to summon a more powerful wolf ally that does increased damage and has more health.
Each time the wolf attacks it gains increased attack speed.
The wolf will dig up food when health is low. Such a good little spirit pet!
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Dive Bird (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to summon a bird that will launch itself in a dive bomb at a nearby target.
- Bucking Boar (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to summon a boar. Riding the boar around will cause damage to targets that get too close to its stamping hooves. Press (X) again or jump (B) to dismount the boar.
- Release the Crows (requires level: 3): Hold (Y) to summon several black birds. Releasing (Y) will launch the birds at nearby targets. Primary attack birds (Y) will also attack their targets twice now.
- Running of the Boar (requires level: 6): After dismounting the bucking boar (X) it will run wild for a short time.
- Sprinting with Wolves (requires level: 9): Sprinting (A) will summon a wolf companion to your side for a time. When sprint ends, the wolf will begin attacking nearby targets for a time. Sprinting (A) while wolf is active will refresh its duration.
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Defender of Life: Defeat 25 Undead Spell Punks.
- Fully Stocked: Defeat 250 enemies while at full health.
- Professional Boar Rider: Hit an enemy with the boar during 20 full-length boar rides.
- "Nature Calls."
- "Growing Stronger."
- "Ahead of the Pack."
- "Super-natural." - When leveling up
- "Feeling the power." - When leveling up
- "A big offering."
- "Precious stones."
- "Nature always wins."
- "Coming through."
- "The nature of the beast."
- "Moving ahead."
- "It's second nature."
- "My victory was foretold."
- "Nature took its course."
- "Things could get wild in here."
- "Wild and wooly."
- "The call of the wild."
- "A wild-looking head dress." - When wearing a hat
- "I look beastly."
- Zoo Lou's name is a play on Zulu.
- He is named after Lou Studdert, Activision's Production Coordinator for Skylanders.
- His mystical weapon slightly resembles the Green Lantern Corps' abilities to create things out of green light.
- He speaks with an African accent.
- If Zoo Lou chooses "The Wild Wolf", the spirit wolf becomes black with glowing green outlines.
- He resembles the comic book character Usagi Yojimbo, best known for his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appearances.
- On his artwork, the spirit birds face looks like Free Ranger, only without the crest.
- He, Double Trouble, Sonic Boom, and Sprocket are currently the only four Skylanders that can summon an ally as their secondary ability.
- He is currently the only Life Skylander on the 3DS to glide.
- He is similar to Banjo from Banjo-Kazooie. They are both bears who attack with the help of birds.
- Zoo Lou doesn't jump high as the rest of the Skylanders.
- Zoo Lou's catchphrase, "Nature Calls!", is a reference to the phrase people say when they need to use the restroom.
- He also shares his catchphrase with Tree Rex for one of his battle cries.
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 92
- Skylanders Official Sticker Book (2014), page 35