|This article is about the character from the games. You may be looking for the character from the spin-off TV series.|
- “All Wound Up!”
- —Wind-Up's official catchphrase
Wind-Up is a wind-up toy who is one of the Tech core Skylanders in Skylanders: Swap Force. He is available in the Sheep Wreck Island Adventure pack. A single pack was offered at Gamestop in the US with pre-orders for Skylanders: Trap Team.
Wind-Up is a blue and gold metal wind-up robot, of short stature. Each of his arms are blue in color with a gold ring on the end, a gold wind up key on top, and his hands consist of silver claws; he also has two metal legs with blue ankled feet and gold shoe-like toes. His head is blue with a gold bottom jaw, mechanical segmented eyes, and a large key on top. A wind up coil keeps Wind-Up's body connected as a torso.
Wind-Up is always on time. Bursting with coiled-up energy, he's also always ready to spring into action.
Built in the enchanted workshop of a toymaker obsessed with time, Wind-Up was created to help keep his massive collection of complicated clocks working perfectly. But when the toymaker popped out of existence in a freak accident caused by putting hot cocoa in a cross-wired Arkeyan oven, Wind-Up found himself surrounded by an invading Cyclops platoon - with an eye towards claiming the toymaker's secrets for themselves. Using split-second timing, clockwork strategy, and his totally wound up energy, Wind-Up bravely sprang into action and handily defeated the Cyclops. He later joined the Skylanders to help swing the pendulum the other way in their fight against anything that threatens Skylands.
- Health: 250 (max. 500)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 12 (max. 42)
- Critical Hit: 4 (max. 54)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 90
- Defense: 130
- Agility: 70
- Luck: 40
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Short Circuit||Wind Up!||
|Overcrank Stabilizer||Winding Weapon||Spring Shot||Power Pistons|
Press Attack 2 to rapidly fill the wind up meter. When full, press Attack 2 again to overcrank. During overcrank press Attack 1 to cause a large explosion that damages nearby enemies.
Press Attack 2 to wind up, dealing increased damage and pulling enemies in.
Press Attack 3 to shoot a spring shot that launches enemies into the air. Attacking launches enemies will deal automatic critical damage!
Press Attack 1 to deal increased punching damage.
|Cymbals||Crash Cymbals||Toy Gun|
Hold Attack 1 to charge a cymbal attack, release to attack all enemies in the way with a pair of cymbals.
Cymbal attacks do increased damage. An easy way to crash any party!
Hold Attack 3 to shoot rapid fire suction cup projectiles at enemies.
|Windup Punch||Auto Wind Up||Power Crank|
Hold Attack 1 to charge a boxing glove punch, release to deliver a massive punch to enemies.
Taking damage automatically adds to winding up.
Press Attack 2 rapidly to begin overcranking which now pulls enemies in and deals bonus damage.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- 3DSpower1 (Primary Attack): 3DSpower1desc
- 3DSpower2 (Secondary Attack): 3DSpower2desc
- 3DSupgrade1 (requires level: 3DSupgrade1level): 3DSupgrade1desc
- 3DSupgrade2 (requires level: 3DSupgrade2level): 3DSupgrade2desc
- 3DSupgrade3 (requires level: 3DSupgrade3level): 3DSupgrade3desc
- "All Wound Up!"
- "Built to last!"
- "Spin it to win it!"
- "That grinds my gears!"
- "Springing to action!"
- "Crank it up!"
- "Firing at all cylinders!"
- "No more toying around!"
- "Ooh-ho-ho! Shiny things!"
- "A place to unwind!"
- "Winding through!"
- "Spring ahead!"
- "Ooh spare parts!"
- "High gear!"
- "Ho-ho! Tune-up!"
- "Ooh, lots of moving parts!" - When checking stats
- "Playing by the numbers!"
- "New assembly required!" - When given a hat
- "Nice accessory!"
- Wind-Up's voice actor, Bob Bergen, is best known for recreating the voice of Porky Pig from the Looney Tunes Show.
- Whenever Wind-Up wears a hat, it constantly spins around.
- This might possibly be because of the wind-up key on his head.
- He, Bouncer, Magna Charge, Drill Sergeant, Jawbreaker, and Gearshift are the only Tech Skylanders to be fully robotic.
- However, he is the first one with an organic voice instead of a mechanical type.
- He, Jawbreaker, and Gearshift each have two legs instead of wheels for feet.
- His Soul Gem Spring-Loaded Crank adds +15 to speed in Swap Force.
- Whichever upgrade path Wind-Up chooses, his original turn key changes into a gyroscope with two gears in it.
- He is the only Skylander to be a toy both in game and figure.
- Wind-Up's official catchphrase sounds similar to Spyro's ("All Fired Up!"). This also applies to Gearshift ("All Geared Up!").
- ↑ Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 14