- “Brace for the Mace!”
- —Wham-Shell's official catchphrase
Regal and heroic, Wham-Shell never forgets the common clams and protects the seas for all his worth. As the son of an underwater king, he isn't used to being refused anything. It is also said that he is usually a pretty together kind of guy.
Wham-Shell was the long-standing king of a kingdom deep in the oceans of Skylands that for a long time lived peacefully. That is, until his underwater utopia was invaded by a legion of oil-drilling trolls that scattered his people to the wind. Armed with a powerful mace that had been handed down from one king to the next for generations, Wham-Shell defeated the greedy trolls and drove them away. Soon after, he joined the Skylanders to help defend against this type of atrocity ever happening again.
Skylands sea shanties tell of a crustacean king called Roland, who ruled over beautiful bubble buildings and priceless pearl pastures. Good King Roland had ruled peacefully throughout his reign, but tragedy was about to strike. The trolls had arrived. They began by building rigs and platforms to pump oil from the ocean bottom. Soon, they became even greeder and sent their submarines to invade this undersea realm. Roland's son, Wham-Shell, was sent into a spluttering rage. He collected the magical mace of the giant clam kings and swam to the surface to shatter the trolls' equipment into a million smithereens. Wham-Shell's successful skirmish soon reached the ears of Master Eon. Right there and then, he made the crafty crustacean a Skylander and king protector of all the seas.
Gill Grunt and the Curse of the Fish Master
Wham-Shell and Zap were called by Master Eon to assist Gill Grunt when the Gillman was about to be eaten alive by a rampaging Cloud Kraken. They both saved Gill Grunt and attempted to stop the Cloud Kraken, only to make the beast turn its blind fury upon a pirate ship called the Fearsome Fang and its crew. The ship's captain, Grimslobber, mysteriously scared off the Cloud Kraken without having to do a thing, confusing Gill Grunt, Zap, and Wham-Shell.When Grimslobber called Gill Grunt names to try and fick a fight, Wham-Shell was the first to defend his fellow Skylander before Zap, but was calmed down by Gill Grunt as they didn't want any trouble with the captain and his band of pirates. Zap then unintentionally asked them about a treasure one of the pirates accidentally blurted out, prompting the seemingly friendly Grimslobber to surround the Water Skylanders with his crew and attack them. Gill Grunt, Zap, and Wham-Shell narrowly escaped the Fearsome Fang and dove into the safety of the sea, leaving Grimslobber to swear vengeance.
The Water Skylanders then hear from Spyro that Kaos was after the Water Fragment as well, and Gill Grunt quickly lead his fellow Water Skylanders to the Kingdom of the Merpeople, knowing that the merpeople, who have swam the waters for thousands of years, would know the location of the fragment. The Skylanders discovered the kingdom was deserted, with only the elderly, children, King Scalebeard, Prince Aquan, and Princess Finella still within the kingdom's barrier. Suddenly Prince Aquan and Princess Finella fell under a strange trance and swam out of the kingdom along with several other merfolk, and the Skylanders followed them in hot pursuit to see where they were going.
With the help of Zap's speed, the Water Skylanders were able to keep up with the merfolk, avoiding a swarm of electro-jellies along the way. During the chase, Wham-Shell mysteriously had fallen under a spell and turned on Gill Grunt and Zap. The rogue crustacean captured Zap after knocking him nearly unconscious with his starfish bullets and dragged him into a cave where the hypnotized merfolk went into.Wham-Shell was later revealed to be under the control of Captain Grimslobber, who was using the Fish Master's Crown to force the merfolk into digging out the gem-eels and hauling them to the surface so that he could become rich. Gill Grunt was able to free himself from the curse with the help of Zap, causing Grimslobber to lose control over a portion of his hypnotized victims. During the confusion, Wham-Shell was freed from the curse and released the Gem-Eels, causing Grimslobber loses his hold on the Crown, and it shattered on the ocean floor into two pieces, fully freeing the merfolk. As the pirate captain made a hasty retreat, Wham-Shell followed after Gill Grunt back onto the deck of the Fearsome Fang along with Zap. With the help of the freed merfolk, and even Spyro, the Water Skylanders bested Grimslobber and his pirate crew.
Grimslobber pulled out a pistol and attempted to kill Gill Grunt when the captain was knocked overboard and eaten alive by the Cloud Kraken. Kaos then revealed his presence, having recovered the pieces of the broken Fish Master's Crown that supposedly contained the Water fragment. After taunting the Skylanders, the evil Portal Master made his leave but not before sinking the Fearsome Fang. Spyro, Gill Grunt, Zap, and Wham-Shell quickly escaped off of Grimslobber's sinking ship through a portal.
Back at the Eternal Archives, it seemed the Skylanders had failed their mission to retrieve the Water fragment, when Gill Grunt checked Grimslobber's satchel he brought back with him and held a dirty rag the captain had used to wrap the Fish Master's Crown. The rag soon revealed itself to be the Water Fragment, making the Skylanders realize that Kaos had stolen nothing more than a worthless broken crown. Knowing that Kaos would be after the next fragment to the Mask of Power, the Skylanders would be ready for him...
Using his mace, which is called the Troll Cracker (originally called the Claw Cracker due to him defeating the trolls), Wham-Shell can release electricity discharged from mace's spiked tip. He can also strike his enemies with his mace and release pulses of water from it. In "Gill Grunt and the curse of the Fish Master" it is shown that the mace can magically return to Wham Shell after being thrown.
- Health: 300 (max. 600)
- Speed: 50 (max. 98)
- Armor: 18 (max. 88)
- Critical Hit: 30 (max. 80)
- Elemental Power: 39 (max. 89)
- Strength: 75
- Defense: 90
- Agility: 25
- Luck: 60
| Basic Abilities|
Like all the original water skylanders, Wham-Shell can swim.
|Malacostacan Mace||Starfish Bullets||
|Starfishicus Giganticus||King's Mace||Starfishicus Superioralis||Poseideon Strike|
Charge up the Starfish attack.
Mace attack does increased damage.
Starfish attack does increased damage.
Create an electrified field that damages enemies.
|Crustacean Combos||Mega Trident||Mace of the Deep|
Unleash the Mace Master attack.
Mace attack does even more increased damage.
Create a more powerful Poseidon Strike.
|Triplicate Starfish||Semi-Eternal Pursuit||Nightmare Huggers|
Shoot 3 Starfish at once.
Starfish attack homes in on enemies.
Starfish latch onto enemies doing continuous damage.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Crab Crunch (Primary Attack): Strike with your mace.
- Shooting Starfish (Secondary Attack): Shoot a starfish. Enemies hit by a starfish will be damaged and stunned.
- Unknown (requires level: 4): (add game description here)
- Unknown (requires level: 7): (add game description here)
- Unknown (requires level: 10): (add game description here)
Mystic Seeker Scroll
- Monster Masher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Chow Hound: Eat 50 pieces of food.
- Arena Artist: Complete an arena without taking any damage.
- Battle Champ: Win 10 PvP matches.
- Heroic Challenger: Complete a heroic challenge without taking any damage.
- Elementalist: Cause 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Waterfall: Knock 25 enemies off the edge of the world.
- Extinguished: Defeat an evil Fire Minion.
- Irate Invertebrate: Defeat 6 enemies with one Poseidon Strike.
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Extinguisher: Defeat 25 Fire Geargolems.
- A-Fish-Ionado: Catch 25 fish with the fishing rod.
- Irate Invertebrate: Defeat 6 enemies with one Poseidon Strike.
- "Brace for the Mace!"
- "Shell shocked!"
- "Victory is mine!"
- "Just like sand-dollars!"
- "Gifts of the sea!"
- "A water wonderland!" - Entering an Elemental Gate
- "No stopping me!"
- "On my way!"
- "Here I go!"
- "All washed up!"
- "Is that your best!?"
- "Crustacean Domination!"
- "Down the drain!"
- "Bow to Me!"
- "Mace I ask you a question?"
- "For my kingdom!"
- "My numbers are sweating." - When checking stats
- "My strength is growing!"
- "Nice hat. It should look good underwater." - When given a hat
- "This will make a great swimming cap."
- "A worthy name." - When given a nickname
- "A wise choice."
- Wham Shell is the only water Skylander whose colour scheme isn't blue except for the color of his eyes.
- His mace; the Malacostracan Mace, is named after the scientific class of crustaceans where crabs are part of
- When he enters the water, he rides on his mace like a witch riding on her broomstick.
- Wham-Shell is one of the eight Skylanders without a Series 2 figure in Giants (the others being Voodood, Dino-Rang, Warnado, Boomer, Sunburn, Camo and Ghost Roaster). However, he and Warnado return in Swap Force as LightCore figures.
- In Giants, the spikes on Wham Shell's mace are red instead of gold.
- He, Flashwing and Warnado are the only LightCore Skylanders without an additional counterpart as part of the Swap Force toyline.
- As a LightCore figure, the head of his mace lights up.
- In the Skylanders 2015 Annua, it is said that Wham-Shell's mace can crack almost anything, even the shell of the legendary Sky Lobster.