- “Face the Mace!”
- —Tri-Tip's official catchphrase
Long before he became a Sensei, Tri-Tip wandered Skylands searching for the mythical Warping Walnut Tree, rumored to never be at the same place long before moving to a new location. After many years, he found the tree - and just before it vanished once again, he took from it a Golden Walnut, which was said to reveal life’s purpose to those who could open it. But to his dismay, the enchanted walnut could not be cracked no matter how hard he struck it with his thick head. Realizing that only a weapon of immense power could crack the magical shell, and not his head, Tri-Tip forged a mighty mace and trained with the greatest warriors to become the ultimate Master of Smashing. But on the day when he was finally ready to open the shell, he paused. It was then that Tri-Tip realized his true purpose – one that the unopened walnut had been teaching him all along. His purpose in life was to use his skills to protect Skylands. He then gifted the unopened walnut to one of his students and left to join the Skylanders.
- Health: ??? (max. 0)
- Speed: ?? (max. 48)
- Armor: ?? (max. 30)
- Critical Hit: ?? (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 300
- Defense: 350
- Agility: 70
- Luck: 130
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Requires unlocking from the
Smasher Sensei Shrine
|Mace Smash||Dino Dash||
Never Saw It Coming
Press Attack 1 to smash the ground with your mace!
Press Attack 2 to charge with your horns, pushing enemies with you.
Occasionally, a powerful asteroid falls from the sky and creates a devastating explosion.
|Rock Blast||Summon Fossil Traps||Posey Power Swing||What Goes Up|
Mace Smash launches rocks forward.
Press Attack 3 to trap enemies in fossils.
Hold Attack 1 for a powerful baseball swing.
Press Attack 2 in the air for a powerful jump attack that launches enemies way up.
|Mightier Mace||Fault Zone||Jurassic Whirled|
Do more damage with your Mace Smashes with an improved weapon!
Mace Smash attacks leave a dangerous lingering quake zone.
The last hit of your Attack 1 triple-combo creates an exploding dust storm vortex!
|Historic Preservation||Fossil Forte||Matador Might|
You get new horns! And after doing a Dino Dash, you gain a shield and take less damage.
You summon Fossil Traps faster, and you deal critical hits to enemies tarred by them!
Dino Dash into a Fossil Trap to create a massive explosion.
- "Face the Mace!"
- "You have chosen wisely, Portal Master! My club smashes all and can make your Imaginators more powerful!" - Sensei Training Bonus
- "And no one smashes like a Smasher, especially with this secret technique." - Secret Technique Bonus
- "My club knows all - and also smashes all."
- "Welcome to Club Me!"
- "Deep inside, they all wanted to be smashed!"
- "I am powerful!" - leveling up
- "More levels equal more smashing!" - leveling up
- "Dino Might! And yes, I stole that one from Chopper."
- "Ahh, a perfect balance between fury and rage."
- "A smashing success!"
- "I love that move!"
- "You can put your faith in numbers, mine is in the club." - checking stats
- "A club's gotta do what a club's gotta do! - Sky-Chi
- "I love when that happens!" - End of Sky-Chi
- He is the only male Sensei of the Earth element.
- He is the fourth dinosaur Skylander (behind Dino-Rang, Slobber Tooth and Chopper).
- Tri-Tip mentioned Chopper after admiting that he "stole" the latter's catchphrase.
- He and Bash have triceratops related traits.
- His name is a play on Tri-tip, which is a cut of beef.
- Tri-Tip somewhat resembles a Triceraton from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- His Posey Power Swing attack is a reference to baseball star Buster Posey.
- One of his upgrades, Jurassic Whirled, is a play on the title of the movie Jurassic World.
- His catchphrase is similar to Wham-Shell's.
- His defeated animation is similar to Pop Fizz's, both hitting their weapon of choice against their forehead.