Traps are crystal figures used to capture villains in Skylanders: Trap Team. They are made of Traptanium, and are shattered fragments of Cloudcracker Prison. Each trap is associated with an element needed to capture elemental villains. Traps are placed in a slot on the Traptanium Portal when a villain is defeated to capture the villain.
In Skylanders: SuperChargers, when placed in the portal, your Vehicle will receive an elemental power based on the trap's element and a special Skystone for Skystones Overdrive depending on which villain is trapped inside.
In the Wii version of SuperChargers Racing, when placed in the portal, your Vehicle will receive a stat boost depending on the trap's element.
In Skylanders: Imaginators, the traps function the same way as in SuperChargers during the raceway part of the game. In the normal part of the game, they only give you 500 gold. They cannot be used in the Nintendo Switch version of Imaginators. 
List of Traps
| Air Traps
| Dark Traps
| Earth Traps
| Fire Traps
| Kaos Traps
| Light Traps
| Magic Traps
| Tech Traps
| Undead Traps
| Water Traps
| Legendary Traps
List of SuperChargers Racing Stat Boosts
- Kaos Trap: All 5 stats
- Light or Air Trap: Top Speed
- Magic or Undead Trap: Acceleration
- Tech or Water Trap: Handling
- Dark or Fire Trap: Firepower
- Earth or Life Trap: Armor
- Apparently the inside of the traps smell like mustard according to some villains.
- The Rune Rocket and the Shining Ship resemble the rocket on the Toys For Bob logo.
- While most of the Traps are translucent, the Kaos Traps are the only ones that are opaque.
- The inside of Tech and Light Traps are slightly dense.
- The difference between the original and Ultimate versions of the Kaos Traps are as followed:
- The original is available in single packs. Kaos' forehead markings are slightly hollowed in.
- The Ultimate Kaos Trap available exclusively from the Skylanders: Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Packs. Kaos' eyes, forehead and face markings are printed in silver. Also, Kaos' head is bigger than the original's.
- The Flood Flask, Spirit Sphere and Spectral Skull have Legendary versions that come in Micro Comic Fun Packs.
- Rubble Trouble has an Easter Bunny version. However, instead of appearing as a differently-colored variant in the game, it only appears as a normal Earth Handstand Trap.
- In Skylanders: Trap Team "The Discovery Trailer", the Ultimate Kaos Trap prototype appeared to have no silver printed markings and Kaos element icon, and has a slightly hollowed-in forehead symbol.
- Several traps in the trailer, such as the Undead Angel, Tech Hammer, Life Hand, and Earth Logholder were concept traps and never made it to the final stage.
- The Shrub Shrieker, Blazing Belch, and Beam Scream are the only traps to not receive a North American release.
- During the racing parts in Story Mode and Racing, all Traps that are placed in the portal slot only show the same shape of the Undead Orb (Spirit Sphere) or Earth Orb (Banded Boulder) while in all different colors.
- While most of the Traps shoot one shot of ammo at a time, Magic Traps shoot double homing ammos, Tech can blast three ammos in different directions.
- As shown in Rift into Overdrive and Battlecast, the Traps are larger to Skylanders characters than to players, big enough to be held like a scepter.
- Due to a production fault, The Aqua Axe and Soaking Staff will sometimes lose their color causing them to resemble "Crystal Clear" variants.
- The Arcane Hourglass makes a cameo in Spyro Reignited Trilogy also by Toys For Bob, used as an actual hourglass by the Dream Weaver dragon Zikomo in the first game.