- “Hide and Sleek!”
- —Trap Shadow's official catchphrase
During development, Trap Shadow originally was a scary character that had a bowie knife. 
The finest feline tracker of his tribe, Trap Shadow was the go-to cat if you wanted something caught. He mostly keeps to himself. However, since becoming a Skylander, he's been trying to become a team player. You have to get up early to catch Trap Shadow out - as the wicked wizards discovered. He sniffed out their plans and trapped them before they could trap him (or Eon, for that matter). 
Once part of an elite tribe of hunters in a remote area of Skylands, Trap Shadow used his cat-like cunning, ingenious traps and mystical stealth abilities to catch nearly everything that could be caught. As a result, his fame around Skylands grew so much that it attracted the attention of an evil cadre of wizards. They plotted to capture Trap Shadow and use his abilities to ensnare the most uncatchable thing of all - Master Eon himself. But Trap Shadow could sense them coming from miles away. Outsmarted and outmaneuvered, each of the wizards was easily captured by Trap Shadow's bewildering array of traps and snares until they were all locked away for good. Having saved Master Eon, he quickly made Trap Shadow a Skylander.
Trap Shadow attacks by slashing enemies with his shadowy claws, and can kick waves of shadows at foes. He can also throw magical traps that snap and damage enemies, and even turn invisible by using shadows, and create an explosion of shadows when reappearing.
- Health: 270 (max. 540)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 12 (max. 42)
- Critical Hit: 8 (max. 58)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 140
- Defense: 180
- Agility: 100
- Luck: 80
|Clawing Shadow||Snap Trap||Sharp Magic||Catch!|
Press Attack 1 to swipe shadowy claws at nearby enemies.
Press Attack 3 to throw a magically animated trap which will snap at enemies and damage them.
Press Attack 1 rapidly to use powerful claw attacks that deal increased damage.
Hold Attack 3 to aim Snap Trap, release to throw it.
Gloom and Boom
Make It Snappy
Press Attack 1 to rapidly to do quick claw attacks. While doing claw attacks, hold Attack 1 to unleash a powerful shadowy dash.
|Shadow Kick||Prowl||Nine Lives||Out of the Shadows|
Press Attack 2 to kick a wave of shadows at enemies.
Hold Attack 2 to prowl for a short time, causing any enemy touched to be damaged.
Health is increased. This cat is never done for.
Hold Attack 2 to prowl for a short time, coming out of power causes a large explosion that damages nearby enemies.
Press Attack 2 to prowl and become invisible. Who needs shadows to hide in? Just become one!
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- The One-Two Claw (Primary Attack): Press (Y) continuously to perform a two-hit melee combo.
- Bite Trap (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to throw a biting trap that will chase enemies and latch on to them.
- Stealth (SWAP Force Power): Press [L] to perform the Stealth SWAP power. While stealthed, enemies cannot see you. If you attack while stealthed, the effect ends, and the damage of that attack is tripled.
- Displacer Slash (requires level: 3): Hold (Y) for a short time to activate a dashing attack at an enemy, setting you up behind them to continue the assault.
- Midnight Hunt (requires level: 6): While using the Stealth SWAP power (L) you can now mark enemies by touching them. When coming out of stealth, you will attack any nearby marked enemies.
- Bite Trap Buzzsaw (requires level: 9): Hold (X) to continuously swing a trap around your head in circles, damaging enemies near you.
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Puzzle Power: Push a Laser Puzzle Beam to defeat an enemy.
- Mage Rivalry: Defeat a total of 25 Cyclops Gazermages or Cyclops Sleetthrowers.
- Oh Snap!: Defeat 50 enemies with your traps.
- "Hide and Sleek!"
- "Snap a trap!"
- "Stay out of my way!"
- "Into the shadows!"
- "That's how to make an entrance!"
- "Beyond the shadow of a doubt!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "The claws have it!"
- "Better luck next time!"
- "Nice try, but nice only gets you so far!"
- "You fell right into my trap!"
- "Another success!"
- "Payday!" - treasure
- "I needed that" - levelling up
- "Power boost!" - levelling up
- "The numbers don't tell the whole story." - when checking stats
- "My credentials." - when checking stats
- After purchasing his Soul Gem ability, "Shadow Striker", Trap Shadow wears the bandanna around his neck over his muzzle.
- His catchphrase is a pun on "hide and seek".
- When he turns invisible, his eyes glow purple, but in the Sneak SWAP Zone, he will fully vanish while leaving his purple aura shown at the bottom.
- His appearance has some of the features of a saber-tooth cat (long fangs), panther (facial features), and tiger (fur color patterns).
- He is the second SWAP Force Skylander with the ability to turn invisible, but only when his Soul Gem ability, "Living Shadow", is purchased. If not, enemies and bosses will spot him. Also, he stays invisible much shorter than Stink Bomb and can do so while the second attack button is held down.
- He resembles Tiger Claw from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- He is the only SWAP Force Skylander on the 3DS with no dash attack upgrade.
- He has many abilities that would later be associated with the Dark Element, such as hiding in shadows and using dark magic.
- Character Balance in Skylanders: More than the Numbers
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 121