- “The Mane Event!”
- —Trail Blazer's official catchphrase
Trail Blazer is a red-skinned unicorn with black hooves. While a typical unicorn has a pointy horn on its head, Trail Blazer's seems to be a metal piece that spews with flame. Most of his torso and head are covered in bronze armor with the exception of his muzzle, ears, and yellow eyes with black pupils. His tail and mane are entirely made of fire.
Trail Blazer is a hot-tempered unicorn, being set ablaze when he saw anything unfair. However he also possesses a competitive spirit, which in one case causes him to discourage others.
Trail Blazer was always hot tempered, especially when he saw anything as being unfair. One day, he came across another unicorn that was trapped in a net. But it wasn’t just any unicorn. It was the mythical Unocorn – a magical creature with a Churro Horn that sprinkled enchanted cinnamon throughout Skylands. Trail Blazer freed it at once. Soon after, the Dark Wizards who had set the trap returned, and were very angry to find their dastardly deed had been thwarted. But Trail Blazer was much more fired up – for it turned out the spicy cinnamon from the Churro Horn had somehow rubbed off on him and mixed with his elemental fire. So he was literally set ablaze with fury! He then ran fiery circles around the wizards, forcing them to flee and never return. After realizing his newfound fury could be used to fight evil everywhere, Trail Blazer sought out the Skylanders, who immediately welcomed him as a member.
ChampionsTrail Blazer, along with Fist Bump and Fling Kong, served as the final opponents in the Legendary Tournament. The trio of Skylanders taunted and discouraged Déjà Vu, who made it to the Finals, by claiming that she was out of their league and that the finals were only for Skylanders who can "handle heavy combat". As the final round began, Trail Blazer teamed up with Fist Bump and Fling Kong to defeat Déjà Vu, not wanting her to win so that they can be only ones left to battle for the champion title amongst themselves. In the end, all three Skylanders underestimated the Magic Skylander, who used exploding duplicates to surround Trail Blazer, Fist Bump and Fling Kong and knocked them out. Déjà Vu is crowned the new Legendary Champion, and Trail Blazer apologized to her for his behavior along with Fling Kong and Fist Bump.
- Health: 270 (max. 540)
- Speed: 85 (max. 133)
- Armor: 18 (max. 48)
- Critical Hit: 30 (max. 80)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 100
- Defense: 100
- Agility: 140
- Luck: 40
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Press Attack 1 to shoot Fireballs.
Press Attack 2 to deliver a Roundhouse Kick.
|Burning The Heat||Stampede!||Bucking Bronco||Fuel the Fire|
Fireball attack does extra damage.
Press Attack 3 for a charge attack, shooting fire out of your horn.
Hold Attack 2 to go into Bucking Bronco Mode, kicking in every direction.
All attacks do extra damage.
|Flaming Forms||Firewalker||Triple Fireballs|
Two flaming forms accompany you during the Stampede attack.
Stampede attack leaves behind a trail of fiery footprints that damage enemies.
Shoot three Fireballs at a time.
|Kick It Up A Notch||Bouncing Fireballs||Not His 1st Rodeo|
Roundhouse Kick and Bucking Bronco attacks have increased power and duration.
Fireballs now bounce along the ground and travel further.
Hold Attack 2 to stay in Bucking Bronco Mode for longer and kick up extra flame dust.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Mane of Fire (Primary Attack): Press X to shoot a fiery projectile from Trail Blazer's mane.
- Bad Bronco (Secondary Attack): Press X to kick enemies in the face with your hooves
- Horses of Fire (requires level: 3): Hold A to summon friendly fire stallions to your side. They will burn all the enemies in their way.
- Pyro Mane (requires level: 6): Every time is pressed, Trail Blazer shoots three fireballs instead of one. Hold Y to charge up your mane and release it to fire a giant fireball that burns everything in its wake.
- The Grand Rodeo (requires level: 9): Unleash the tantrum of Trail Blazer by mashing X.
- "The Mane Event!"
- "All fired up!"
- "I'm always a sure bet!"
- "Back in the winner's circle!"
- "Here comes the heat!"
- "Let the blaze begin!"
- "Red hot!"
- "I'm on fire!"
- "Hot to trot!"
- "Let's burn!"
- "Start the fire!"
- "Rising heat!" - when using bounce pod
- "Fire power!" - when leveled up/upgraded
- "Heat blast!" - when leveled up/upgraded
- "Prize money!" - when opening a treasure chest
- "Ha ha! I'm on a real hot streak!" - when checking out stats
- "Just getting warmed up!"
- "I can warm up to this name" - when given a nickname
- "That's the ticket!"
- "Is a horse wearing a hat weird?" - when given a hat
- "A catchy new look!"
- He bears a resemblance to the Pokemon, Rapidash.
- His catchphrase is a play on the phrase, "The main event".
- One of his battle cries is shared by Spyro's catchphrase, "All Fired Up!"
- Meanwhile, one of his basic upgrades is the same with Spitfire's catchphrase, "Fuel the Fire!"
- He and Knight Mare are currently the only equestrian-based Skylanders.
- Trail Blazer is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, who also voiced Fright Rider and Softpaw.
- When driving in Superchargers, he grabs the wheel with his mouth to drive.
- Both Pain-Yatta and Trail Blazer came across the Unocorn, and the latter frees it not long after the piñata lost his friend.