|Young Portal Master, this page holds content that contains spoilers.|
If you have not finished Skylanders: Trap Team, then it is highly recommended that you move onto another page.
- “His gulp is worse than his bite.”
- —Villain Vault
The Gulper is constantly hungry, eager to devour anything edible that can fit in his mouth. He is also incredibly dim-witted.
From the moment he oozed from the ceiling of the Gelatinous Caverns, The Gulper had possessed an enormous appetite and insatiable thirst for anything and everything he could stuff in his mouth. At a young age, he won first place in the annual Deep-Fried Triple-Cheeseburger eating contest — and has proudly worn the Crown of Gluttony ever since. But it was his particular affinity for soda, which causes him to grow to colossal proportions and go on rampages, that first caught the eye of the Golden Queen. She was looking for special types of people — or creatures — to join her Doom Raider gang that was bent on unleashing total mayhem. It was also her desire to recruit someone who was incredibly dim-witted, so that if they were ever captured, the Skylanders would not be able to extract any useful information. The Gulper fit these requirements to a tee!
Skylanders: Trap Team
After escaping from Cloudcracker Prison, The Gulper landed in Soda Springs where he began consuming the soda that were made by the Mabu for the soda festival. The more soda The Gulper drank, the bigger he became, allowing him to rampage through the village. Eventually the Skylanders and the Trap Masters arrived and stopped The Gulper by tricking him into drinking a vat full of bottom-feeding, eel-flavored soda. This caused him to shrink down to his normal size, allowing the Skylanders to capture The Gulper with ease.
- "Me want soda!"
- "See? That is why I must have soda!"
- "No one drinks my soda, except me!"
- "Hello, what going on? Gulper already miss soda rampage."
- "Stay back swirly thing! Hey, my trident! I just want to drink SOOOODDDDDAAAA! - when trapping
- "What? Hello? Can anyone hear Gulper? And if so, can you bring Gulper some soda!?"
- "Gulper can FLYYYYYYY!!!" - When entering
- "Where is bathroom here? Good for Gulper to know before it too late."
- "Get ready, little veggie!" - "Inside the Trap" trailer
- "If you can't eat 'em, join 'em!"
- Know-It-All Island - Balloon Redemption
Villain Theme ♫
- He is the first Doom Raider to be encountered.
- The Gulper is the only trappable villain that does not need to be fought.
- He is the third playable character that is able to eat enemies, after Wrecking Ball and Slobber Tooth. However, he can only swallow up smaller enemies like Chompies.
- On the Wii version, one of his teeth is out of his mouth.
- The Gulper bears a slight resemblance to the MerQueen from Primeval.
- When evolved, he bears a slight resemblance to Doppy from Planet Sheen.
- He also resembles Jabba the Hutt from Star Wars.
- The Gulper is one of the few villains to have a mini-quest for his Villain quest.