- “Drop The Hammer!”
- —Stump Smash's official catchphrase
- 1 Background
- 2 Story
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Gameplay
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Character Trailers
- 7 See Also
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
- 10 References
Stump Smash is a tree greenish brown ent whose face consists of an mouth with two wooden front teeeth, a small nose, and yellow eyes with black pupils. He has two half branch ears and two toes on each foot. His hands are replace with mallet-like stumpfists used to crush his enemies.
Prior to being cut down and logged, Stump Smash was a peaceful tree creature who spent most of his lifetime sleeping in the forest areas of his world, that is, until his incident with the Trolls. To this day, Stump Smash is still grouchy about what happened to him and takes his anger out on evil doers. He knows how to bare a grudge. Even after all these years he still seeks out trolls to teach them a lesson. He's no sap.
Stump Smash was once a magical tree that spent most of his time sleeping peacefully in the forests of Skylands. Then one day he awoke to discover his entire forest had been chopped down and logged by trolls– himself included. His long branches were gone, leaving him with only powerful mallets for hands, which he used to smash the troll tree-cutting machines. Although still grumpy about what happened to him, Stump Smash has vowed to protect Skylands against those who would do it harm… especially trolls.
Stump Smash was once a magical tree in an ancient glade of wonderous woodland. But one day, he awoke to a bark-bristling sight. Every tree, shrub and sapling around him had been cut down and hauled away. Holding up in his branches in horror, Stump Smash realized he too had been 'logged'. All that was left were two wooden stumps in the shape of mallets. With a resounding roar, Stump Smash uprooted himself and stomped toward the gaggle of lumberjack trolls responsible. He brought together his mallet hands, and WHACK! The terrified trolls ran screaming for their pointy-nosed googly-eyed lives. Even Master Eon heard the racket and set off to investigate. And, after learning Stump Smash's sad story, he brought him on board at once.
Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon
Stump Smash was the Skylander who helped calm Spyro when he was upset about Master Eon's capture by Squirmgrub. When the Giggling Forest mysteriously started crying, Spyro assigned Stump Smash, Wrecking Ball, Countdown and Flameslinger to investigate. There, they discovered that the most of the giggling trees were turned to stone by a rampaging Bone Dragon, who was awakened by Kaos and his group of trolls. The Dragon then attacked Stump Smash, a half petrified Glumshanks and the other Skylanders, nearly turning them to stone as well. The stench of Wrecking Ball's belch was enough to drive the Bone Dragon off, and Stump Smash instructed Countdown to signal for help, which managed to reach Lightning Rod who was heading back from Fantasm Forest.
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Stump Smash was one of the Skylanders who assembled on Eon's Island when Kaos arrived with The Darkness to destroy the Core of Light. The tree creature participated in the fight against the dark forces, chasing after a small group of Cyclops Choppers and smashing them down with his mallets. After dealing with the minor enemies, Stump Smash was suddenly struck from behind by an axe, and he turned around to find himself confronted by a large group of Cyclopses and Trolls. He realized that he was greatly outnumbered, but the tree creature was saved by the arrival of Trigger Happy. Working together, both Stump Smash and the gremlin gunslinger took out the horde of Cyclopses and Trolls, including two Goliath Drows individually.
However, when the Skylanders were winning the battle, Kaos unleashed his Hydra, who proceeded to destroy the Core of Light, banishing all the Skylanders from their world to Earth. Stump Smash, along with the other Skylanders, were turned into toys as a result of Earth having no magic. He waited for the new Portal Master to find him to help save Skylands.
Stump Smash, along with Spyro, Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf, and Eruptor, are still frozen as toys on Earth and were put in a toy display inside a toy store called Super Toy Planet. They were few of the Skylanders who witnessed Kaos breaking free of his statue-like form due to his power as a Portal Master. When Kaos noticed the frozen Skylanders and taunted them, Stump Smash angrily declared that if he could move, he would be 'dropping the hammer' on Kaos right there and then, to which the other Skylanders agreed. Afterwards, the present Skylanders could do nothing but watch as Kaos returned to Skylands with the use of a nearby Portal of Power.
Flameslinger is one of Stump Smash's closest friends.
Despite having his branches chopped, Stump Smash can still attack his enemies by slamming them with his mallet-like hands. He also has the ability to spit and roll a large, spiked acorn upon his opponents, and can spit out smaller acorns at his opponent that will cause branches to grow on the enemy's body, slowing them down as a result. He can even regain health when in water. In 'Stump Smash crosses the Bone Dragon' it's shown that he can use his own life force energy to speed the growth of plants, as he used it on the acorns he spit out, which caused them to grow into large trees that tangled the Bone Dragon.
- Health: 340 (max. 680)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 30 (max. 60)
- Critical Hit: 20 (max. 70)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 90
- Defense: 70
- Agility: 20
- Luck: 40
- Health: (max. Expression error: Missing operand for +.)
- Speed: (max. 48)
- Armor: (max. 30)
- Critical Hit: (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 100
- Defense: 30
- Agility: 90
- Luck: 60
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Wow Pow Ability
|Pulverize||When Acorns Attack||
Uncork a Stumpfist smash.
Spit acorns at your foes to slow them down.
You can float and regain health in water.
In Swap Force: Stump Smash regenerates health in Water Power Zones.
|Petrified Pummel||Spiny Acorns||Meganut||Thornbark|
Stumpfist attacks do increased damage.
Acorns are spiny and thus do increased damage.
Create a Meganut that damages any enemy it touches
Thorns shoot out when you are hit, damaging all nearby enemies.
|Smash 'N' Bash|
|Stump Crusher Combos||Acorn Croquet||Smash Meganut|
Trigger a powerful Stumpfist attack.
When facing a Meganut, send it flying at your enemies.
When facing a Meganut, detonate it and damage enemies.
|Pollen Plume||Meganut Propagation||Double Nut|
Acorns explode, growing plants on all nearby enemies.
When facing a Meganut, make it burst into acorns.
Spit 2 Acorns at once!
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Wood Wallop (Primary Attack): Press (Y) repeatedly to club enemies with Stump Smash's fists.
- Spore Spew (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to spit out two spore pods. Enemies hit by the pods will be surrounded by poisonous spores for a few seconds.
- Bark Blast (requires level: 3): Hold (Y) to charge each of Stump Smash's attacks. Charged attacks will deal more damage and create a shockwave blast, damaging enemies in front of Stump Smash. Charged attacks can also produce spore pods.
- Spiny Shield (requires level: 6): Every few seconds, Stump Smash grows spines that protect him from one attack. When the spines block damage, they explode and stun nearby enemies.
- Timber Thump (requires level: 9): Sprint (A) with Stump Smash to pound enemies in his path. Jump (B) with Stump Smash to damage enemies around him as he lands. The further he falls, the more damage he does.
- Monster Masher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Chow Hound: Eat 50 pieces of food.
- Arena Artist: Complete an arena without taking any damage.
- Battle Champ: Win 10 PvP matches.
- Heroic Challenger: Complete a heroic challenge without taking any damage.
- Elementalist: Cause 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Fully Stocked: Defeat 200 enemies while at full health.
- Melon Maestro: Hit targets 200 times while in a Turret challenge.
- Meganut Bowling: Defeat 5 enemies with one Meganut.
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Defender of Life: Defeat 25 Undead Spell Punks.
- Fully Stocked: Defeat 250 enemies while at full health.
- Thornbark Bullseye: Deal 1000 damage with Thornbark.
- "If I could move, I'd be dropping the hammer on you right now!"
- "Drop the Hammer!"
- "Time to branch out!"
- "Be the tree!"
- "One, two, smash!"
- "Here comes the smash!"
- "My bark is worse than my bite!"
- "You've been Stump Smash'd!"
- "You barked up the wrong tree!"
- "You've been stumped!"
- "Leaf it to me!"
- "Another one for the smashing!"
- "I came, I saw, I smashed!"
- "Seen enough, let's go smash!" - When checking Stats Info
- "Barkin' some improvements" - When checking Stats Info
- "You know this hat is growing on me!" - When putting on a hat
- "Dashing and smashing!" - When putting on a hat
- "Still gonna smash!" - When given a nickname
- "Great name, can we smash now?" - When given a nickname
- "Flying tree!" - When using a bounce pad
- "Stump jump!" - When using a bounce pad
- "Battering-ram coming through!" - When opening up a gate
- "I am Stump Smash! Tag Team!"
- "Okee-dokee." (The Beginning trailer)
- "Working out?"
- Stump Smash was originally brown during gameplay prior to his character trailer.
- He is the first non-earth Skylander that uses hammers as weapons (the second being Hammer Slam Bowser).
- His promo title 'Tree Rex' is shared by the Giant Skylander of the same name.
- When floating in the water (possible with the Soul Gem ability), press the Attack Button to squirt water out of Stump Smash's mouth.
- In the boss battle with the Evil Ent, he charges up his Meganuts and Acorns before launching them, while the real Stump Smash is incapable of doing so.
- Stump Smash, Lightning Rod and Double Trouble are the only non-Water Skylanders that can cross over water without the ability to fly.
- He has the highest amount of health out of all of the Core Skylanders.
- The original name for the Smash-N-Bash path is the Nut Master path.
- Stump Smash is the only Skylander who has their magic moment changed in Giants.
- He and Tree Rex are both Skylanders who resemble trees and are voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Because Swap Force has excluded the ability to swim, Stump Smash, Zap and Double Trouble's soul gems have changed.
- In Skylanders: Lost Islands, Stump Smash mentions having feelings for Frilly, and has gone on a date with her at least once with the help of the Portal Master.
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 88
- Skylanders Official Sticker Book, page 94
- Skylanders: Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon, page 16
- The 27 Hidden Secrets of Skylanders