- “Fuel the Fire!”
- —Spitfire's official catchphrase
Spitfire is a flame spirit who is the leader of the SuperChargers in Skylanders: SuperChargers. His signature vehicle is the Hot Streak, and along with it, Spitfire comes with most of the non-Nintendo console Starter Packs of the game.
Spitfire is a spirited speed demon with lightning quick reflexes and nerves of steel. He is quite arrogant and overconfident, though the comics show Spitfire will keep it aside to act like a proper leader. He might be unbeatable, but Spitfire is no hothead. His bravery, determination and tenacity make him a fiery force to be reckoned with.
Spitfire was on pace to become the fastest driver in the Super Skylands Racing Circuit. With his lightning quick reflexes and nerves of steel, this tech enhanced flame spirit was absolutely unbeatable. But during the championship event at Skywinder Canyon, he was illegally bumped off course by a goblin racer and sent flying into the canyon wall in a fiery explosion! Most thought that this would put an end his racing career. But three weeks later, he was back on the track, more fired up than ever to claim the title. Unfortunately, it was then that all of Skylands fell under the rule of Kaos in his Sky Eating machine, and the racing came to an end. That’s when Spitfire was approached by Master Eon with an offer that could get him back behind the wheel as the new leader of an elite driving team – the Skylander Superchargers!
Rift into Overdrive
Spitfire first met Stormblade while outrunning the rifts around Skylands opened by Kaos' Sky Eater. After they both help evacuated the royal family of Stormy Stronghold, the grateful residents pointed Spitfire and Stormblade to Know-It-All Island where the Stone Heads might know what was causing the rifts. Instead they arrived in time to save Flynn, Blobbers, and the Skylanders, Stealth Elf, Jet-Vac, Gill Grunt and Terrafin from a rift that consumed the entire Island.After taking the group to safety, Spitfire and Stormblade introduced themselves, Dive-Clops and Fiesta to the Skylanders. In spite of being non-Skylanders, Spitfire and the other SuperChargers insisted on helping the Skylanders find the Rift Engines with their vehicles since the Skylanders' mode of transportation was swallowed by the rift back at Know-It-All Island. The Stone Head's last cryptic message lead the Skylanders and SuperChargers to the Whirlpool of Destiny. While the land Skylanders held off a group of Drow warriors, Dive-Clops and Gill Grunt dove to the underwater depths of the Swirling Sea to search for the Rift Engines. The Water duo eventually succeeded on their mission just as the other Skylanders were becoming overwhelmed, hauling a massive chest to the surface that contained the Rift Engines inside. With the power of the elemental Rift Engines, Stealth Elf, Jet-Vac, Gill Grunt and Terrafin transformed into SuperChargers and easily drove off the attacking Drow forces.
Now having enough Rift Engines to stop Kaos and his latest plan, the Skylanders invited Spitfire and the SuperChargers to become Skylanders, to which they eagerly accepted.
Secret Agent Secrets
Spitfire, along with Stormblade and Nightfall, were assigned by Spyro their first mission to find Buzz's elite Skylander team, Boomer, Ghost Roaster and Voodood. Upon arrival at Motleyville, the SuperChargers were ambushed by Spell Punks, who rendered their vehicles useless with their elemental attacks. The Skylanders were able to defeat the Spell Punks in close combat, only to be defeated and knocked unconscious by the very Elite Skylanders they were sent to find, now under the service of Spellslamzer.Brought back to the Spellhold with the SuperChargers in tow, Spellslamzer announced his plan to raid the Mabu Radiance mines of its rare and powerful minerals, controlling the crystal supply to become the supreme power in all of Skylands. The corrupt Elite Skylanders revealed to the SuperChargers that they grew tired of being tossed aside and unappreciated, and that the SuperChargers will know what that is like before they were sent away to be imprisoned. With Nightfall's help, she, Spitfire and Stormblade were able to escape their prison and bested their guards. Along the way however, Stormblade and Nightfall got into another squabble, forcing Spitfire to step in and remind them that they needed to work togther in order to escape their predicament and act like heroes instead of enemies.
Before they could reach their vehicles, the SuperChargers were ambushed by the corrupt Voodood. Stormblade managed to subdue him but was reluctant to take him out. In her moment her hesitation, Stormblade was struck and knocked unconscious by Ghost Roaster, allowing Spellslamzer and the corrupt Elites to tie her, Spitfire and Nightfall to the front of their own vehicles as the villains rode out towards the Radiance mines to begin their attack.
It seemed hopeless as the SuperChargers were trapped atop their own vehicles outside the mines while the villains and the traitorous Elites began terrorizing the Mabu miners. Spitfire growled in fustration that the mission would've gone better if he didn't have to fight Spellslamzer, his Spell Punks, the traitor Elites, AND keep Stormblade and Nightfall from going at each other from the start. Nightfall reminded Spitfire that, as leader of the twenty SuperChargers, he needed to expect any disorder from teammates. During the intense argument, one of the minions of Spellslamzer came to the imprisoned SuperChargers and revealed himself to be special agent Softpaw. The fox spy revealed that he, Voodood, Ghost Roaster and Boomer had gone undercover pretending to be evil in order to infiltrate Spellslamzer's operations, an act that surprised the SuperChargers.
By the time the SuperChargers came to assist the Elites, they were shocked to discover that Ghost Roaster was still on Spellslamzer's side, forcing the heroic Skylandes to fight against their enemies and former ally. Stormblade went for Spellslamzer, but was cut off by Ghost Roaster and was able to subdue him. However she refused to take Ghost Roaster down despite Nightfall's insistence, still believing him to be a hero who sacrificed so much for no reward. When the corrupt Elite moved in for the final blow on Stormblade, he instead took out Spellslamzer, defeating him and redeeming himself after being moved by Stormblade's words. With Ghost Roaster back on the side of good, the SuperChargers were able to complete their mission as full-fledged Skylanders.
Upon summoning Spyro to the Second Dimension, Spitfire remarks that "you gotta respect the fire". In the Chomped! microcomic, they work together to finish their mission, even when the odds turn against them.
Spitfire can punch enemies with his flaming claws, spin quickly to summon a Flamenado, and dash foward with a flash of his fire at great speeds. In Skylanders: Battlecast, he also can direct his tornado of fire foward through his claws as a Torchnado, summon the Hot Streak set on Auto Fire temporarily and a burning wheel that costs less the more he cast beforehand, and drink Nitromethane for a temporary attack and spell boost. His Special Ability is Nitro Boost, an attack with fixed damage, and his signature Gear is the Nitro Tank, which allows him to swap one extra time per turn. His scrapped signature Relic is the Rearview Mirror, which increases the power of swapping allies.
- Health: 200 (max. 400)
- Speed: 50 (max. 98)
- Armor: 18 (max. 48)
- Critical Hit: 8 (max. 58)
- Elemental Power: 30 (max. 80)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 160
- Defense: 150
- Agility: 290
- Luck: 100
These stats are used in Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing.
- Top Speed: ??
- Acceleration: ??
- Handling: ??
- Firepower: ??
- Armour: ??
In Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing, Spitfire is a racing powerhouse, with stats aimed at being overall relatively fast around a track. His Acceleration is maxed out at the maximum for a driver, with his Handling also being exceptional. His Top Speed may only be decent, but he makes up for it with his Hot Streak vehicle. His Firepower is also great, with his only downside being mediocre Armour.
As a SuperCharger, Spitfire has access to the vehicle mods. When paired with his Hot Streak, he gains an exceptional boost to his Top Speed, with his Acceleration and Handling also receiving good boosts. His Firepower and Armour only receive minor boosts.
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Butane Brawling||Flash Fire||
|Flamenado||Flamenado Chasers||Flame Fury||Intensified Fury|
Press Attack 3 to spin into the air and create a giant fire tornado!
Tornadoes now home in on nearby enemies.
Hold Attack 2 to charge up and then quickly dash around hitting nearby foes.
Boost your melee combo with a flaming spin attack.
|Mega Marathon||Nitro Boost||Triathlete|
Gain an even more powerful charge level when you hold Attack 2. Release to dash around the Skylands damaging enemies in your way.
Holding Attack 2 while fully charged will cause you to move extra fast and take less damage!
Tap Attack 2 after dashing around the world to dash around two extra times.
|Flamenado 2||Fuel Injected Claws||Volcanic Armor|
You can now have up to two flamenados out at any given time.
Constant exposure to tornadoes have superheated your core causing you to do more melee damage.
Become resistant to damage by having super tough lava like armor.
|Auto Fire||Burning Rubber||Nitromethane Boost|
|Nitro Tank - Gear||Torchnado||Nitro Boost - Special Ability|
|Rearview Mirror - Relic|
Butane Brawling (Active)
Mana cost: 2
Butane Brawling: Flame Shower (Active)
Mana cost: 2
Speed Demon (Active)
Mana cost: 0
- "Fuel the Fire!"
- "Treasure!" - when collecting treasure
- "More fuel for the fire!"
- "Flame and fortune!"
- "Let's heat it up!" - when entering vehicle
- "Let's get it on!"
- "Light the fire!"
- "Ultimate speed demon!"
- "See you at the finish line!" - when exiting vehicle
- "I'm the best there is!"
- "Whoa! Total flare up!" - when leveled up or upgraded
- "This fire is out of control!"
- "Hot mods!" - occasionally when equipping mods
- "I'm in a class all my own." - checking stats
- "Burning up the charts!"
- "Flashy!" - when wearing a hat
- "Oh yeah, that's hot!"
- "Take 'em on? Pssh! Nothing to it! Give me the works!"
- "You know what they say - where there's smoke there's fire."
- "I'm always warmed up, Buzz. And when I'm behind the wheel of my Hot Streak, nobody can beat my heat!"
- "Anyone who tries usually gets burned, Buzz. Those guys didn't stand a chance."
- "Up to it? I'm ready to crank up the heat!"
- "Never doubted myself for a minute, Buzz. Now I'm ready to FUEL THE FIRE!"
- "Here comes the boom!" - scanned in
- "Today's forecast: Fire Storm!"
- "Let's fire it up!" - when selected
- "Ready to go!"
- "Let's heat it up!" - Battle Introduction
- "Fuel the fire!"
- "My turn to burn!" - swapping in
- "Revved and ready!"
- "Pit stop!" - swapping out
- "Time for a cooldown!"
- "On a hot streak!" - rank up
- "Blazing up the charts!"
- "I'm stoked!" - Summoning a Gear
- "Added boost!"
- "Heating things up!" - Summoning a Relic
- "Surprise, surprise."
- "Flashy!" - randomly when using spells
- "Gonna feel the burn." - Nitromethane Boost
- "Coming your way!"
- "That's some serious backburn." - Torchnado
- "Fire sale! Two for one!"
- "Sweet!" - Nitro Tank
- "Turning up the heat!"
- "Burn, rubber!" - Burning Rubber
- "Roll with that!"
- "Firing on all cylinders!" - Auto Fire
- "(to Hot Streak) Floor it, baby!"
- "Too hot to handle!" - KOed an enemy
- "Note to self: next time, win." - when defeated
- "Just a little overheated..."
- "Total flameout." - defeat at the end of battle
- "That could've gone better..."
- "Can't beat the heat!" - Victory
- "Simmer down!" - when idling/poked
- "Ready to roll!"
- "Hey, now!"
- "Yeah, I'm here."
- "Don't play with fire!"
- "Hey, cool it!"
- "Heat's rising!" - Card Level Up
- Spitfire greatly resembles a dragon.
- He is voiced by Diedrich Bader, who voices Hoss Delgado from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Batman in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
- He is the only SuperCharger without legs.
- He is also the only SuperCharger without any weaponry.
- As seen in Battlecast, Spitfire can drink vehicle fuel.
- He is one of the three Skylanders to have "Fire" (his element) in his name (the other two are Fire Kraken and Wildfire).
- He shares the lowest HP stat of the series with Trigger Happy.
- Spitfire is the only new SuperChargers Skylander to appear in the starter pack. The other Starter Pack Skylanders appeared in previous games (Stealth Elf from Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Donkey Kong and Bowser from their own decades-old franchises).
- ↑ SuperChargers Portal Master Handbook, page 14
- ↑ Toys R' Us Official Battlecast Battle Pack Unboxing