- “Armed and Dangerous!”
- —Slam Bam's official catchphrase
Slam Bam is a blue yeti Skylander who, in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, comes only in the Empire of Ice Adventure Pack. In Skylanders: Giants, he comes in a singular pack as a Series 2 figure. His Legendary counterpart is Legendary Slam Bam. He also has a summer counterpart which was available on June 2013 in Skylanders: Lost Islands.
Slam Bam can be a little frosty with folks he doesn't know, but soon thaws over time. Get on his bad side, however, and the polar pugilist will knock you out cold.
Slam Bam lived alone on a floating glacier in a remote region of Skylands, where he spent his time ice surfing, eating snow cones, and sculpting amazing ice statues. It was a peaceful life, until Kaos destroyed the glacier, stranding Slam Bam on an iceberg that drifted through the skies for days. He awoke on Eon’s Island, where he was taken in and trained to become a Skylander. Now his ice sculptures serve as a frosty prison for any evil-doer that gets in his way.
This four-armed Yeti once lived a blissful, solitary life on a floating glacier. Here, he surfed the snowy slopes, studied ice sculptures and slurped his way through several squillion sensational snow cones, but an evil eye looked upon his every move. Kaos watched jealously for a glimpse of the secret ingredient that made Slam Bam's snow cones so sweet. When that didn't work, Kaos had the glacier destroyed. Little did Kaos know that it was a simple peppermint twist that gave the cones their extra kick. If only he'd thought of asking.
Now homeless, Slam Bam drifted on a small floating iceberg. After several days, he hit land, which luckily happened to be Master Eon's island. One serious conversation and several snow cones later, Eon suggested Slam Bam to become a Skylander. So he did.
Eruptor Meets the Nightmare King
Slam Bam accompanied Eruptor and Grim Creeper as part of a mission to answer a call of help in The Frozen Seas. After saving an exedition camp from a group of Cyclopses lead by Bloodshot, he and the two other Skylanders came upon a tunnel that lead to what remained of a frozen kingdom. Upon seeing another clone of Eruptor frozen in ice, Master Eon appeared and explained that the kingdom belonged to King Nefarion, a wicked being who terrorized Skylands with the Mask of Power. The old Portal Master further explained that Eruptor Eruptor will eventually go back in time and become frozen in ice. Suddenly, strange changes began to occur, as Kaos had made his way to the past and began changing history. Before their eyes, Professor Splinters morphed into a servant of Kaos, affected by the time change, and Master Eon quickly teleported them to safety.
Once at Eon's Citadel, Master Eon explained that Kaos went back in time using Nefarion's coin Bloodshot stole and was able to change the past. With Master Eon's help, Eruptor, Grim Creeper and Slam Bam were transported to the distant past when Nefarion reigned over Skylands to stop Kaos.
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Slam Bam was one of the Skylanders who assembled when Kaos and The Darkness approached Eon's Island. The yeti participated in the battle against Kaos and his minions along with some of the other Skylanders to protect the Core of Light. He was seen holding a Cyclops Chopper by the neck, before he, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy looked up in surprise at the sight of the Hydra appearing and destroying the Core. Slam Bam, along with the other Skylanders, were then banished from Skylands to Earth, where he was turned into a toy and awaited the new Portal Master to help him save Skylands.
Slam Bam has the ability to create ice prisons to trap his enemies in and freeze them. He can also battle opponents with his powerful four fists. Slam Bam can create various objects out of ice, such as an ice surfboard to navigate across water, an ice hammer in one of his combos, and even an protective igloo as seen in Eruptor Meets the Nightmare King.
- Health: 310 (max. 620)
- Speed: 35 (max. 83)
- Armor: 30 (max. 60+40)
- Critical Hit: 10 (max. 60)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 85
- Defense: 85
- Agility: 40
- Luck: 35
- Health: (max. Expression error: Missing operand for +.)
- Speed: (max. 48)
- Armor: (max. 30+40)
- Critical Hit: (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: (max. 50)
- Strength: 90
- Defense: 90
- Agility: 50
- Luck: 40
Like all the original Water Skylanders, Slam Bam can swim, but uses a surfboard to navigate through the water.
Wow Pow Ability
|Yeti Fists||Ice Prison||
Throw powerful punches with all four fists.
Hold the secondary power button and then release to summon an ice prison that will trap enemies.
|Three's A Charm||Arctic Explosion||Yeti Ice Shoe Slide||Ice Knuckles|
Have up to 3 Ice Prisons active at once.
Ice Prisons explode and damage nearby enemies.
Slide across the ground.
Punch attacks do increased damage.
|Brawler Combos||Ice Mace||Blizzard Battle Armor|
Attack with Ice Hammer.
Punch attacks does even MORE increased damage.
Battle Armor makes it harder for enemies to hit Slam Bam. Grants +40..
|Deep Chill Ice Coffin||Glacier Tactics||Work of Ice Art|
Ice Prisons damage enemies trapped inside them.
Ice Prisons travel further and faster.
Ice Prisons last longer and are more resistant to attacks.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Chilled Punch (Primary Attack): Press (Y) repeatedly to pound enemies with Slam Bam's icy fists.
- Ice Pillar (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to summon a pillar of ice from the ground. The pillar will damage nearby enemies when it emerges. It will also block enemies' shots.
- Snowblower (requires level: 3): Summon an Ice Pillar (X), then smash it with (Y) to send a freezing cloud at Slam Bam's enemies.
- Speed Skate (requires level: 6): Summon an Ice Pillar (X), then Sprint (A) into it. After smashing through the pillar, Slam Bam will move faster and damage nearby enemies while he sprints.
- Land Slam (requires level: 9): Press (Y), (Y), (Y), then press (Y) repeatedly to pummel the ground and damage nearby enemies.
- Monster Masher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Chow Hound: Eat 50 pieces of food.
- Arena Artist: Complete an arena without taking any damage.
- Battle Champ: Win 10 PvP matches.
- Heroic Challenger: Complete a heroic challenge without taking any damage.
- Elementalist: Cause 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Waterfall: Knock 25 enemies off the edge of the world.
- Extinguished: Defeat an evil Fire Minion.
- Ice To Meet You: Trap 100 enemies in Ice Prisons.
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Extinguisher: Defeat 25 Fire Geargolems.
- A-Fish-Ionado: Catch 25 fish with the fishing rod.
- Ice To Meet You: Defeat 50 Greebles with the Arctic Explosion.
- "Armed and Dangerous!"
- "Slam dunk!"
- "All right!"
- "Movin' on!"
- "Breakin' through!"
- "Looking good! ...I think." - when checking stats
- "Hmm...I don't like numbers." - when checking stats
- "Slammin' hat!" - when given a hat
- "Not bad, hope it fits!" - when given a hat
- "Is that better than 'Slam Bam'?" - when given a nickname
- "Um...I guess that's ok." - when given a nickname
- "Why would you wanna stink?" - Just Like SWAP Force trailer
- "Hey guess what else? Bigfoot's got big feet. C'mon! The Giants are just a myth." - Tall Tales trailer
- "Probably petting a unicorn at the end of a rainbow."
- "Stump Smash! Drop the Hammer!" - Skylanders Directors Cut trailer
- Slam Bam travels across the water by surfing on an ice board.
- In his toy form, his blue body is translucent.
- Unlike the other Water Skylanders, Slam Bam's base actually has two splashes instead of one.
- He, Thrillipede and Starcast are the only Skylanders with approximately four arms.
- While Slam Bam's eyes are yellow in his toy form and his promotional art, his eyes are light blue in the console game and Spyro's: Universe, however, he still seems to have yellow eyes in the 3DS version.
- In the E3 trailer, when Slam Bam doesn't believe in Jet-Vac's theory that there are Giants, he sarcastically states that Bigfoot has big feet, though Slam Bam himself is a yeti.
- He, Chill, Freeze Blade and King Pen are the only Water Skylanders who have ice abilities as well as Chill Bill, though he is a Villain.
- Slam Bam resembles the Ben 10 alien Four Arms, and also resembles the Pokemon Machamp, as both have four arms and are brutally strong. He also heavily resembles Bullymongs from Borderlands 2, as both are large, four-armed, blue, yeti-like creatures.
- He also resembles Goro, Kintaro, and Sheeva from the Mortal Kombat series.
- There is a glitch in Spyro's Adventure where if Slam Bam does an attack while on a bounce pad, he will freeze.
- Slam Bam has iron bracelets in his some of his upgrade pictures but not in game.
- He is the first Skylander to have more than four limbs (the second is Wash Buckler and the third is Spy Rise).
- As seen in Swap Force, Slam Bam appears to be much shorter than the other yetis.
- However, he is slightly taller than the child yeti.
- He also doesn't wear clothes like the other yetis.
- Slam Bam, Zap, Echo, and Grave Clobber are currently the only Water Skylanders who don't hold a weapon.
- Slam Bam and Grave Clobber are the only ones that are bipedal and not dragons.
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 193
- Skylanders Official Sticker Book, page 18