Skylanders: Ring of Heroes is an upcoming mobile role-playing game in the Skylanders series. It is developed by Com2Us of Summoners War fame, and like its predecessor, it is a turn-based RPG using a team of various Skylanders facing against other known enemies from the series.
Skylanders Ring of Heroes features a story where players assume the role of a Portal Master. Having actually landed in Skylands for the first time ever, they will need to go after Kaos who has disrupted time and space using the Book of Dark Magic. Players are able to customize their Portal Master, embark on various PVE and PVP adventures throughout Skylands, and collect and raise Skylanders to battle against countless villains. Players will also be able to Evolve and Awaken Skylanders to increase their stats, and gain new skills. All Skylanders are separated into 10 different elements. The semi-turn-based battle system allows players to plan their combat strategically through elemental synergies, elemental weaknesses and strengths, and unique Skylanders’ skills. In addition, players are able to trap Companion Villains and bring them along to fight side by side with the Skylanders against Kaos, his minions, Doom Raiders.
Reassemble the Squad. Master your Skills. Awaken your Champion.
Build the ultimate Skylanders team
- Collect from more than 60+ Skylanders.
- Level up, evolve, and awaken your Skylanders to make them stronger than ever before.
- Equip your Skylanders with up to 10 magical Rune abilities.
- Summon Skylanders and Villains alike to fight by your side
Become the #1 champion
- Mix and match Skylanders with unique skills and abilities to create the ultimate team.
- Time your attacks and use mana wisely to overcome your enemies.
- Knock down your enemies defenseless, use elements to your advantage, trigger the status effects.
- Intuitive game play for on-the-go: just tap on skills and your Skylanders are ready to fight.
- Test your strength against Portal Masters from all over the world.
Watch the Skylands come to life
- Experience the rich and colorful world of Skylanders.
- Reimagine Skylands and give it your personal touch.
- The game's beta has a multitude of english mistakes and poorly worded dialogue, and this section is subject to change in the final release or later updates.
After many skirmishes between villains and Skylanders, Skylands appeared to have a rare time of peace. However, it quickly faded when Kaos discovered the Book of Dark Magic in a vault, losing control of its power and causing rifts that shattered islands and dragged land from other dimensions into the realm. One of these rifts struck Earth, taking Portal Masters from their home and into Skylands. Before they could discover what happened, they landed in Infernal Volcano; Stormblade and other Skylanders were pursuing Kaos, but failed to stop him. Quickly, Cali discovered the player Portal Master and attempted to help.
- The characters' Awakened forms is similar to the SuperChargers versions of older Skylanders, where they gain a new outfit.
- However, some characters have awakened forms of their SuperCharger counterparts instead or both appearances, despite Supercharging being a temporary form change.
- The game's plot mixes elements from both the game canon and the Skylanders Academy canon.
- Oddly, its intro cutscenes contradicts information from both canons, stating that Kaos is the leader of the Doom Raiders when he actually left it in both attempts, or mentioning that Master Eon trims his beard from time to time.
- This is the first game to show art of the human Earth Portal Masters, giving the players a "canon" appearance.
- Several character relationship bonuses are references to previous stories in the series.
- Childhood Friends is a reference to a short story in Book of Elements: Life and Undead, where Trigger Happy made Hex laugh for the first time when he tricked Slam Bam into getting shot into a pile of snowballs.
- We Will Believe in You! and its description are a reference to the events of Cynder Confronts the Weather Wizard.
- Queen and Knight is a reference to Chef Pepper Jack's relationship with the Golden Queen in Skylanders Academy, where he is shown to be protective of her in their first appearance.
- We Are The Best! is a reference to Spyro and Cynder's relationship in The Legend of Spyro game series, as they are the only Skylanders who aren't original to the Skylanders games.
- Malefor, who previously appeared in the IDW comics, the Academy spinoff TV series, and as a Skystone in Skylanders: SuperChargers, will make his full game debut in Ring of Heroes.
- Official website: http://skylanders.com2us.com/en/
- Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Skylanders-Ring-of-Heroes-2131805163719317/
- Official Pre-Registration Page: https://event.withhive.com/ci/skylanders/pre_register