- “King of the Sting!”
- —Scorp's official catchphrase
Scorp's tail spike originally came from a scrapped Earth Skylander character named Aftershock. Vicarious Visions really liked the Aftershock character, so when they had to scrap him, they implemented his tail spike for Scorp's design. During development, Scorp was originally designed having one claw and one hand.
Rough-and-tumble Scorp is a real tough guy, but his experience with the gem taught him he could his amazing abilities for more than just sport.
Scorp was raised in the Salt Flat Islands, an endless flat plain of rock where every day is very hot. To keep themselves entertained, the residents live for the sport of Sting Ball, an extreme game that only the strongest play to become King of Sting -- a title Scorp had won numerous times. During his last championship game, the opposing team cheated by using an enchanted water gem to make it rain. But the spell got out of control and soon a raging thunderstorm flooded the land. Using his powerful claws and incredible agility, Scorp bravely battled the rising waters to retrieve the gem and hurl it far into the clouds, breaking the spell and saving everyone. Seeing how his abilities could be used for more than sport, Scorp soon sought out and joined the Skylanders.
- Health: ??? (max. 0)
- Speed: ?? (max. 48)
- Armor: ?? (max. 30)
- Critical Hit: ?? (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 104
- Defense: 95
- Agility: 75
- Luck: 45
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Soul Gem Ability
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Emerald Crystal||Tail Sting||
Press the primary attack button to throw a sticky explosive ball.
Press the secondary attack button to sting the ground nearby and poison enemies.
|Shoulder Roll||Chrome Carapace||Crystal Ball||Earthly Power|
Hold the special attack button to curl up into a ball and roll around, damaging enemies in the way.
Armor is increased. New stone plating causes enemies' attacks to do less damage.
Hold the primary attack button to charge a crystal attack, release to smash two crystals together and throw a massive sticky ball.
Press the primary attack button to throw a sticky explosive crystal that now does increased damage to an enemy.
|Fuming Fissure||Scorpion Strike||Potent Prisons|
Press the secondary attack button to strike the ground with a poison tail and cause a shock wave that shoots toward enemies.
Poison from tail strike does increased damage.
Press the secondary attack button to strike with a poison tail that does damage to enemies over a longer amount of time.
|Cracked Crystal||Crystal Shards||Venomous Crystals|
Press the primary attack button to throw a powerful, sticky explosive that now does damage to enemies in a larger area.
Emerald Crystal attacks now do even more damage. So pretty, yet so painful!
When Crystal Ball explodes, it splits into two smaller crystals.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Poison Glob (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to toss a poison gem sticks to enemies or the ground, exploding after a short time and damaging all nearby enemies.
- Tail Strike (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to strike with Scorp's tail, poisoning an enemy for a short time.
- Poison Bomb (requires level: TBA): Hold (Y) to charge up a massive Poison Gem that splits in two after exploding.
- Venom Quake (requires level: TBA): Scorp's Tail Strike (X) opens a crack in the ground that travels forward, damaging and stunning enemies.
- Scorpiroll (requires level: TBA): When beginning to sprint (A), Scrop rolls forward at high speed, dealing damage to anything he touches. Once finished, Scrop's sprint continues to deal minor damage to enemies.
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Savior of the Land: Free the Terrasquid in the Twisty Tunnels without switching Skylanders.
- Unearther: Use shovels to dig a total of 25 holes.
- Ticking Slime Bomb: Defeat 50 enemies from the poison explosion of your main attack.
- "King of the Sting!"
- "Pick your poison!"
- "The tail will prevail!"
- "I bring the sting!"
- "Ready to strike!"
- "Tails, you lose!"
- "Power sting!" - when leveling up
- "Power boost!" - when leveling up
- "I always do my best!" - when checking stats
- "Clawing my way up!" - when checking stats
- "A striking look for me!" - when wearing a hat
- "More protection for my head!" - when wearing a hat
- Scorp likes to sleep underground, or beneath large rocks. Once, after a hard day of battling evil, he curled under a boulder to have a nap. He didn't realize, though, that the boulder was actually one of Crusher's feet. It was only Scorp's tough armoured body that saved him from being squished flat!
- He slightly resembles Scorponok from Beast Wars.
- His catchphrase is similar to Swarm's catchphrase, which is "Bring the Sting".
- One of his upgrades has a name similar to the Scorpion Striker.
- Another is similar to the title of a Kirby game on the Nintendo 64, Kirby 64: the Crystal Shards.
- He and Rattle Shake are the only known Skylanders who can poison their opponents.
- His voice actor, Rino Romano, is also the voice of the narrator from Curious George and other animated films and Batman from the TV series, The Batman.
- He also voices the Sensei, King Pen.
- Scorp is currently the only arthropod Skylander who is not an insect or crustacean.
- Strata - Art of Skylanders: Swap Force, page 14
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 41
- Skylanders: Universe - Book of Elements: Air & Earth, page 52