- “Brace For Impact!”
- —Rubble Rouser's official catchphrase
Before being a rock golem, Rubble Rouser was originally designed as a mole with a mining helmet, his hammer as a shovel. In another concept Rubble Rouser could have been a mining termite, and instead of his Drill boots was going to have a drill-shaped abdomen.
Rubble Rouser is always looking to improve the way things work - and for new rocks to pulverize with his hammer slam!
Hailing from a race of creatures who ate rock for a living, Rubble Rouser spent most days digging his way through the vastness of Deep Mountain mouthful by mouthful alongside the rest of his people. But Rubble Rouser found he could eat up far more ground with a swing of his hammer or spin of his drill. However, the leaders of his race wanted no part of changing the way they worked. That is, until the evil Rock Lords trapped them deep within the mountain. It was then that Rubble Rouser showed everyone the power of his ways by defeating the Rock Lords with his mighty hammer and drill. Afterward, the leaders encouraged Rubble Rouser to seek out the Skylanders, who readily welcomed him.
- Health: 280 (max. 560)
- Speed: 35 (max. 83)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 6 (max. 56)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 170
- Defense: 200
- Agility: 65
- Luck: 55
|Hammer Swing||Tools of the Trade||Happy Hammering||Drill Head|
Press Attack 1 to swing a massive hammer. Hold to charge up more powerful swings!
Press Attack 3 to smash nearby enemies with the hammer.
All hammer attacks do increased damage.
Hold Attack 3 to drill into the ground, causing an earthquake!
|Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Press Attack 1 Attack 1 and then hold and release Attack 1 to throw a charged hammer attack!
Rubble's skin becomes harder than stone, decreasing damage taken.
|Deep Dig||Minor Miners||Earthy Fortitude||Tunnel Expedition|
Press Attack 2 to quickly dig then come out of the ground, damaging nearby enemies.
Press Attack 2 to dig into the ground, burst out of the ground a short time later damaging nearby enemies and summoning small angry miner allies.
Health is increased. Tough as stone!
Hold Attack 2 to continue drilling while underground, release to surprise enemies from below with a devastating attack.
|Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Hold Attack 2 to drill underground, release to toss a huge boulder into the sky which comes down on enemies nearby a short time later.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Going Clubbing (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to perform a hammer melee attack. Can combo up to 3 times.
- Hammer Slammer (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to launch a powerful overhead slam in front of you.
- Dig (SWAP Force Power): Press (L) to perform the Dig SWAP power. While digging, enemies cannot harm you and you can go underneath certain obstacles. When the Dig SWAP power ends, you will burst from the ground and damage nearby enemies.
- Sudden Impact (requires level: 3): Upgrade to the Impact Drill. Hold (Y) briefly to charge each "Going Clubbing" attack for a more powerful attack. "Drop the Hammer" now also launches three ore projectiles after the attack.
- Minor Miner (requires level: 6): Digging now causes a small miner to accompany you for a short while, attacking nearby enemies.
- Tremors Too (requires level: 9): Holding (X) causes the Impact Drill to dig into the ground and cause small tremors, damaging nearby enemies over time.
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Savior of the Land: Free the Terrasquid in the Twisty Tunnels without switching Skylanders.
- Unearther: Use shovels to dig a total of 25 holes.
- Oh, What a Drill!: Deal a total of 400 damage in one drilling earthquake using the Drill Head attack.
- "Brace For Impact!"
- "Pound for Pound, the Best!"
- "Rubble Trouble!"
- "Steady as a Rock!"
- "Rock on!"
- "Rocked it!"
- "Here I go!"
- "I'll take it!" - When finding treasure
- "Let's Rock!" - When levelling up
- "Power Blast!" - When levelling up
- "Looking pretty solid!" -When checking stats
- "Solid as a rock!" - When checking stats
- "Hey, I rock in this hat!" - When wearing a hat
- "Hard hat required!" - When wearing a hat
- His Soul Gem Obsidian Skin changes his color to black.
- His name is a play on "rabble rouser", which can also be based on the fact that he summons angry miner allies.
- It might also be based on the term "rebel rouser".
- One of his upgrades, 'Miner Craft', is a reference to the game "Minecraft".
- Occasionally, a glitch occurs where Rubble Rouser digs down and doesn't go back up.
- Most of the times, in Battle Mode, his Miners don't attack the other Skylander.
- With Tunnel Expedition, Rubble Rouser's bottom half allows him or other SWAP Force Skylanders to avoid damage while underground.
- He, Drill Sergeant, Ro-Bow and Grilla Drilla are the only Skylanders with drilling abilities.
- He is one of the few Skylanders with a hammer for a weapon (others include Crusher, Stump Smash and Wallop).
- Despite his artwork and figure form, Rubble Rouser is actually right-handed instead of being a lefty.
- His bottom Soul Gem, Pop Rock, may be a reference to the candy Pop Rocks.
- Rubble Rouser is noticeably similar to Doom Stone:
- Both are Earth Skylanders.
- Both are SWAP Force Skylanders.
- Both are made of stone.
- Both their names are a play on different phrases.
- Rubble Rouser was one of the many Skylanders planned to appear in Skylanders: Ring of Heroes. Before the game's closure, only concept art of his Awakened Form was released.
- Strata, The Art of Skylanders; Swap Force, page 44-45
- Skylanders Universe - The Complete Collection, page 43