- “Roll With It!”
- —Rocky Roll's official catchphrase
Rocky Roll started out as the now-elusive enemy, Metal Mage. When the concept of a combining attack pattern was reworked for Rocky Roll instead, various challenges were in the way of making Roll's transformations appealing and seamless; but with limitations such as adding a roll attack, only one transformation through boulders made it in. Forms 2 and 3 would've transformed Roll into a walking tank with four legs, then and a jumping giant leg, respectively, and the latter was a reference to Big Eye from the Mega Man franchise. 
Rocky Roll loves helping others. There isn't anything they wouldn't do for their pals. Their friendship is as solid as a rock!
Rocky was a rock digger who wanted to make a difference, and Roll was a boulder that wanted to see the world. The two of them had known each other since they were young and in mining school together. They had shared the same goal – making the sacred journey to Peek’s Peak, where it was said that one’s destiny reveals itself. But time went on, and it wasn’t until many years later that they found each other traveling the same path towards the mythical peak. The connection that was established years before had finally taken shape, and the two realized they were meant to journey far and wide together – as Rocky Roll. After several adventures together, they met Master Eon by chance, who recognized that their connection was special. Now as an awesome Skylander duo, Rocky Roll will crush anything that threatens Skylands!
Light in the Dark
Rocky Roll was one of the Skylanders that accompanied Gearshift to combat Pain-Yatta's army of candy warriors. As they were cornered by the candy army within the fortress, Rocky Roll and the other Skylanders served as Skylands' last line of defense, battling Pain-Yatta's army with all of their might. The candy army soon fell to pieces just as the Skylanders were becoming overwhelmed (thanks to the actions of the Light and Dark Skylanders in their fight against Pain-Yatta), earning the heroes their victory.
- Health: 270 (max. 540)
- Speed: 60 (max. 108)
- Armor: 30 (max. 60)
- Critical Hit: 40 (max. 90)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 100
- Defense: 100
- Agility: 100
- Luck: 100
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Spit Ball||Boulder Dash||
Press Attack 1 to have Roll spit out a bouncing rock projectile.
Press Attack 2 to perform a Boulder Dash charge attack.
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone/Power Pods.
|Boulder Barrier||Rock On||Bouncy Attack Mode||MOH Boulders|
Press Attack 3 to form a protective Boulder Barrier, then press Attack 3 again to launch the boulders out.
Spit Ball and Boulder Barrier attacks do more damage.
Press Attack 3 to create Boulder Barriers, then hold Attack 2 to enter Bouncy Attack Mode.
Press Attack 3 to increase the amount of boulders in the Boulder Barrier from 3 to 6.
|Super Spit Ball||Rock Hardest||Triple Spit Balls|
Hold Attack 1 to charge up your Spit Ball into a giant boulder projectile.
Spit Ball and Boulder Barrier attacks do maximum damage.
Shoot 3 Spit Balls at once that ricochet into smaller boulders.
|Let's Roll!||Roll With The Punches||Rocky Boxing|
Rapidly press Attack 2 to speed up the Boulder Dash for more damage and speed.
In Bouncy Attack Mode, press Attack 1 to perform spinning fist attack.
In Bouncy Attack Mode, press Attack 2 to throw a dashing punch attack.
Spit Ball (Active)
Mana cost: 3
Rock's Dash (Active)
Mana cost: 3
Rocky Attack! (Passive)
Increases your Accuracy by 5% in battle.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Rock Throw (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to throw a rock forward in a straight line.
- Rock Shield (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to create a rock shield. Press (X) again to increase it's [sic] speed.
- Roll the Rock (requires level: 3): Hold (A) to sprint and damage enemies around.
- Great Rock Shield (requires level: 6): Press (X) twice to increase the number of rocks in your rock shield to 4 rocks. Hold and release (X) to charge and destroy your rock shield and create a dust cloud that damage [sic] enemies.
- Charged Rock (requires level: 9): Hold (Y) to absorb your rock shield and create a charged rock. Release the input to make the rocks explode and damage nearby enemies.
- "Roll With It!"
- "Let's rock!"
- "Let's roll!"
- "Rollin' the dough!"
- "Roll with the punches!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "Rock and roll!" - when leveling up
- "On a roll!" - when leveling up
- "Looking Solid!" - when checking stats
- "In for the long haul!" - when checking stats
- Rocky Roll, along with Eye-Brawl, Fright Rider and Eye-Small, are currently the only Skylanders who are composed of two different characters in a symbiotic relationship.
- However, Rocky Roll are the only Earth Skylanders while the other three are all Undead.
- Rocky is one of the many one-eyed Skylanders.
- Rocky Roll and Gearshift are the only characters to have the same number for all stats.
- Rocky Roll's name is probably a combination of "Rock and Roll" and "Rocky Road" (a type of ice cream).
- Without Roll, Rocky shares his name with a Stone Golem from Terrafin Battles the Boom Brothers.
- "Rocky Boxing" is the only upgrade of the "Rolling Rumbler" upgrade path that is not a catchphrase of a Skylander ("Roll With the Punches" is the same as Night Shift's catchphrase and "Let's Roll!" is the same as Roller Brawl's catchphrase).
- If a player selects a hat for Rocky Roll, Rocky's miner helmet gets replaced. However, Rocky's original headgear can be seen along with another hat when placed on the portal and shown in his character in-game profile.
- Roll resembles a Geodude from Pokémon while in Bounce Mode.
- Rocky is one of the shortest Skylanders, along with Short Cut, Blastermind, and Smash Hit.
- If Rocky, without Roll, is considered the smallest Skylander as of Imaginators.
- Rocky Roll is voiced by Billy West, who also voices the SWAP Force Skylanders Freeze Blade & Fire Kraken, and the Life Skylander Food Fight. West also voiced Sparx the 2007 video game, The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.
- When driving a vehicle in Skylanders: SuperChargers, Roll will sometimes go missing and sometimes overlap with Rocky.
- https://www.natlohdesign.com/skylanders-trap-team Nat Loh's Senior Gameplay Design in Skylanders: Trap Team
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection (2015), page 44