- “Go Ahead - Snake My Day!”
- —Rattle Shake's official catchphrase
Rattle Shake is a rattlesnake cowboy who is a SWAP Force Skylander in Skylanders: Swap Force. He is of the Undead element. His Swap Force Ability is Bounce. He has a Frito-Lays exclusive glow-in-a-dark variant, Quickdraw Rattle Shake.
During development, Rattle Shake was originally designed as a zombie cowboy, with detachable legs, armed with normal pistols or phantom pistols and his Swap ability from the bottom was originally Dig. Another concept had his legs replaced with a serpent's tail made from remains and his ghost pistols would become a mini-gun made from bones;. In the end, Rattle Shake became anthropomorphic snake, with the difference that his snake gun was originally going to be two.
Shake's enemies think he is sinister. In fact, so do some of his friends, but you can be sure that he's no slippery character - Rattle is a virtuous viper.
Some say Rattle Shake was the best tracker in the Cloudbreak Islands. Others say he could strike the center of a gold coin at a thousand paces. But the legend of Rattle Shake was immortalized when he found himself trapped by the Black Hat Gang, the infamous group of cowboys who literally were large cows… and evil ones at that. They threatened to plunder the local village unless Rattle Shake led them inside the magical volcano Mt. Cloudbreak, where they hoped to discover enchanted treasure. Badly outnumbered, the ever calm Rattle Shake magically summoned every snake in the area and overtook the notorious bovines in an epic fight. The tale of his heroism was heard by Master Eon, who then recruited him to the Skylanders.
- Health: 280 (max. 560)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 12 (max. 42)
- Critical Hit: 8 (max. 58)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 85
- Defense: 100
- Agility: 145
- Luck: 130
|Snake's Venom||Deputy Snake||Fistful of Snakes||Spring Loaded Snake|
Press Attack 1 to shoot snake venom at nearby enemies.
Press Attack 3 to throw down a snake ally that will attack and slow nearby enemies.
All venom projectiles do increased damage.
Hold Attack 1 to charge a Snake Shot, release to shoot a snake that bounces between enemies and collects items along the way.
|Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Armed to the Fangs
|Raise the Snakes|
Get a new skin which increases Critical Hit and absorbs damage. Absorbing damage causes the skin to shed then grow back over time.
|Tail Sweep||Bounce the Bones||On Brand||Sssstampede|
Press Attack 2 to sweep at nearby enemies with a quick tail strike.
Press Attack 2 to shoot one bouncing bone projectile.
Hold jump to jump and smash down into the ground, damaging and knocking enemies away.
Press Attack 2 to shoot three large bone projectiles at once.
|Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|The Snake-Skinned Kid|
Get a new skin which increases speed and absorbs damage. Absorbing damage causes skin to shed then grow back after a short time.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Venom Shot (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to fire a blob of poisonous spit from your snake gun.
- Toxic Grenade (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to launch a grenade of poisonous gas that will explode on contact.
- Bounce (SWAP Force Power): Press [L] to activate the Bounce SWAP power. While bouncing, hold (B) to gain an extra boos and bounce even higher! Each time the character lands, they will deal damage to any enemies close by.
- Coil Head Snake (requires level: 3): Hold (Y) to charge your primary attack. Release (Y) to launch a snake that will bounce between nearby enemies, damaging all it comes in contact with.
- Snake Trap (requires level: 6): While sprinting (A) small, skeletal snakes will spawn and seek out enemies. Once they reach the target, they will explode, damaging all enemies nearby.
- Ball Cobra (requires level: 9): Toxic Grenades (X) will now leave behind a cobra that will spit its venom at nearby targets for a short time.
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Witherer: Defeat 25 Life Spell Punks.
- Back From the Brink: Defeat a boss while at critically low health.
- Bouncing Biter: Damage a total of 100 enemies with your Spring Loaded Snakes.
- "Go Ahead - Snake my Day!"
- "You are hisssstory!"
- "I always look good."
- "Hmm, Scaling my way up!"
- "Gold rush!"
- "No fang, no gang!"
- "Rattle it up!"
- "No bark and all bite!"
- "Too easy!"
- "Snake rattle and roll!"
- "Call a drawl!"
- "Away I go!"
- "Powered up!" - level up
- "More power!" - level up
- "Winding through!" - gate
- "Snaking along" - When opening a gate
- "A striking new look!" - When given a hat
- "Ooo, I look rather sharp!" - When given a hat
- "A cool place to rattle around!"
- "Springing up!" When using a magic circle
- "Except Kaos, eh?" - Just Like SWAP Force trailer
- "It's true, amigo, you truly do suck!" - Hitting the Wall commercial
- "Think again my friend! We can swap sixteen ways!" - Stinky commercial
- His catchphrase is a play on 'Go ahead, make my day'.
- He resembles Rattlesnake Jake, a gunslinger rattlesnake character from the movie, Rango.
- Despite being a cowboy, he has a Spanish accent.
- This could actually be based on the fact that cowboys, as in those within 19th century America, were inspired by Mexican vaqueros, with the traditions originating in the Iberian Peninsula, which contains Spain and Portugal.
- Like every other Skylander who already wears a hat and Wash Buckler, if a player selects whichever hat to put on Rattle Shake, his original hat disappears.
- He and Wash Buckler are the only Skylanders to have headwear and have it changed.
- Rattle Shake, Cobra Cadabra, Pit Boss and Fire Vipers are currently the only known snake characters who have two limbs.
- During attacks, he shares one of the phrases with Slobber Tooth.
- He and Scorp are the only Skylanders who can poison their enemies.
- Coincidentally, they both appear in Swap Force.
- He, Night Shift, Doom Stone, and Magna Charge are the only Swap Force Skylanders without any true legs.
- He is the first Undead Skylander to have an exclusive non-Legendary variant figure, Quickdraw Rattle Shake.
- He appears with extra red scales on his forehead and arms in-game.
- Additionally, his spring-loaded snake is red on his toy and artwork, but shows up maroon in-game.
- He and Rubble Rouser are the only SWAP Force Skylanders with top Soul Gems that change the colors of their skin. Rattle Shake's top, as well as the bottom, become purple. But after getting hit once by enemies, his skin turns yellow again until it turns purple a few second later.
- Also, both their figures forms show them holding their weapons in their left hands, while in the game, they hold them in their right hands.
- Despite his both official artworks, Rattle Shake holds his snake launcher in his right hand. However, he is capable of shooting snake venom from his right hand and launching snakes by yanking on it with his left hand. He could be ambidextrous.
- In Trap Team, his spring loaded snake only collects one item at a time.
- He is voiced by Troy Baker, who also voices Hawkeye and Loki in "Ultimate Spider-Man" and "Avengers Assemble", as well as Sunburn and Brock.
- According to Troy Baker, he based Rattle Shake's voice on Antonio Banderas.
- Strata, The Art of Skylanders; Swap Force, page 42-43
- Skylanders: Universe - The Complete Collection, page 172
- Skylanders Voice of Rattle Shake Troy Baker Interview