Purple Chompies are a variant of Chompies that are very rare in Skylands. They are seen in Drobot's Heroic Challenge in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (and by extension Skylanders: Giants) and the Magic Realm in Skylanders: Battlecast. They are so few in Skylands that, at a time, killing two of them would be enough to drive the species to extinction.
Despite being said to be the only good Chompies, they are still very aggressive and attack the Skylanders all the same.
In Battlecast, they are Magic aligned and have mysterious abilities that the other Chompies do not possess, such as a Chompy Chant to give its comrades spells, and Runed Teeth that fire additional magical blasts when attacking someone.
|Chompy Chant||Runed Teeth|
- They have a glittery glow around them in the Heroic Challenge.
- On a rare account, you can see purple chompies in levels in the Wii version of Skylanders: Giants.
- There are some Purple Chompies in the Heroic Challenge Dungeoness Creeps, but Cali does not seem to mind the Skylander defeating these Chompies.
- These Purple Chompies do not have a glittery glow around them.
- In Skylanders Academy television series, Chompy Mage can’t control Purple Chompies.