- “Amp It Up!”
- —Punk Shock's official catchphrase
During her development, Punk Shock was originally male and going to look very different from the current one. She would look more like an amphibian, originally use a long electrified tongue, a can of worms and a fishing rod as weapons, or could summon a water snake. Punk Shock was soon designed as female very much like her final design, but there were other options for her main weapon, like the fishing rod, a scepter, a spear, an electric guitar and an electric bow. There were also other options for her facial design and hairstyle. Finally latest Pun Shock's design remained, but with a different scheme of colors.
Punk Shock is a natural rebel. She is simply shocking when it comes to being told what to do. She dislikes acting in any way like a princess.
Daughter to the most royal family in Wondrous Waters, Punk Shock never really accepted her role as an undersea princess. She preferred a much more exciting life - hunting with her electric crossbow and listening to super-charged music. After journeying to the outer reaches of her kingdom to find adventure, Punk Shock returned home to discover adventure had found her. The kingdom and its people were magically frozen by the Snow Trolls, who were there to steal valuable treasure. Punk Shock used her awesomely charged crossbow to single handedly defeat the Snow Troll army and melt the ice that trapped her kingdom. Gill Grunt heard of the battle and quickly recruited Punk Shock into the Skylanders.
Punk Shock can fire electrical arrows from her electric crossbow. She can also throw water bombs that can be electrified with her Spark Shots. Being an electric eel, she can also shock her enemies.
- Health: 270 (max. 540)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 12 (max. 42)
- Critical Hit: 8 (max. 58)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 100
- Defense: 100
- Agility: 80
- Luck: 70
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Spark Shot||Splash Bomb||
Press Attack 1 to shoot an electrified bolt. Shoot a Splash Bomb puddle to cause that area to become electrified.
Press Attack 2 to throw a larger water balloon that makes a puddle where it lands. Shoot the puddle with Spark Shot to electrify it.
|Spark Splash||High Boltage||OHMG||Hypercharged|
Press Attack 3 to perform a tail attack that shocks nearby enemies.
Press Attack 1 to shoot high powered crossbolt attacks that do increased damage.
Press Attack 1 to shoot electric crossbow bolts that branch out and hit enemies in a larger area.
Increase movement speed. Adding a spark to each step!
|H2Throw||Troubled Waters||Bolting Blob|
Press Attack 3 to throw two additional water balloons. All water balloons last longer.
All water balloon attacks do increased damage. Throwing water balloons never hurt so bad!
Hold Attack 2 to throw balloon into the air, release to zap it and electrify all enemies in a very large area.
|Positively Charged||It Hertz||Re-Volting Shock|
Gain an electrical aura that sometimes shock and damages nearby enemies.
Enemies damaged by electrified water take increased damage. A perfect example of why there is no swimming during a lightning storm.
Hold Attack 3 to tail slap any enemies into the air.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Ohm's Law'ncher (Primary Attack): Press Y to launch a piercing lightning bolt.
- H2Throw (Secondary Attack): Press X to toss a water sphere that explodes on contact.
- 3DSupgrade1 (requires level: 3DSupgrade1level): 3DSupgrade1desc
- 3DSupgrade2 (requires level: 3DSupgrade2level): 3DSupgrade2desc
- 3DSupgrade3 (requires level: 3DSupgrade3level): 3DSupgrade3desc
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Extinguisher: Defeat 25 Fire Geargolems.
- A-Fish-Ionado: Catch 25 fish with the fishing rod.
- Hydrostatics: Shock enemies with electrified water zones 100 times.
- "Amp It Up!"
- "High voltage victory!"
- "Charge ahead!"
- "Charging through!"
- "A shocking victory!"
- "Success is mine!"
- "Another success!"
- "All charged up!"
- "Shock and roll!"
- "Shock and awe!"
- "Rock on!"
- "Powerjolt!" - leveling up
- "Power surge! - leveling up
- "I'll take it!" - treasure
- "Jackpot!" - treasure
- "Dare to be different!" - hat
- "A hat I can rock!" - hat
- "These numbers rock!" - stats
- "The best there is!" - stats
- "Change is good!" - nickname
- "Yeah! A name with attitude!" - nickname
- Punk Shock is the third Water Skylander with electrical powers and is from royalty (Zap is the first and Wham-Shell is the second).
- She's the second female Water Skylander in the series while the first is Chill and the third is Echo.
- Most of her upgrade names are water and electricity puns.
- Her face slightly resembles Gill Grunt's Mermaid Girlfriend.
- They also both met Gill Grunt in their history.
- Punk Shock is similar to Merida from the Disney movie, Brave, wanting adventure rather than being a princess and carrying a weapon of archery.
- Punk Shock is noticeably similar to Zap:
- Both are Water Skylanders.
- Both are from royalty.
- Both have electrical powers.
- Both can mix their electrical secondary abilities with their primary abilities.
- Like Stink Bomb after obtaining "Sporting Stripes" in Trap Team, Punk Shock can literally move faster after "Hypercharged" is purchased.
- She is voiced by Tara Platt, who voices Ester in Ben 10: Omniverse, Mitsuru Kirijo in Persona 3, and Edelgard in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. She is married to Yuri Lowenthal, who voices Fright Rider, Softpaw, and Trail Blazer.
- She and Cross Crow are the only playable characters to wield a crossbow.
- Coincidentally, they are both of the Water element.
- Her catchphrase is the same name as an upgrade for Wolfgang.
- It is also the same one used by Alex Mann in the 2000 Action Man series.
- Punk Shock's name may have been a play on Punk rock.
- Live Demonstration of Character and Toy Design for 'Skylanders'
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 196