- “Roll with the Punches!”
- —Night Shift's official catchphrase
Night Shift can come off a bit grumpy, due to being an Undead character. He values boxing, and is commonly considered by others as old-school. Whenever he hears the sound of a boxing bell however, he goes into a wild frenzy, punching anyone and anything around him. Night Shift always plays by the rules, so when the Skylands Boxing Federation banned Teleportation, he had to give up the sport he loved.
From high up in the gloomy Batcrypt Mountains, Night Shift was a full-fledged baron and heir to a great fortune. But one day, he decided to leave it all behind to pursue his dream as a prizefighter. It wasn’t long before Night Shift became the undefeated phantom-weight champion of Skylands, famous for his massive uppercut and for having once bitten an opponent in the ring. Unfortunately, a rule change made teleportation illegal and Night Shift was forced to give up his belt, officially ending his career as a boxer. Crestfallen over being disqualified from a sport he loved so dearly, his spirits picked up when he was sought out by Master Eon, who told him that his skill as a fighter could be put to great use as a member of the Skylanders.
Night Shift was the voice of reason to Bouncer and Trigger Happy. When Blades was showing signs of ruining the mission to stop the Machine Magus, Night Shift convinced an irritated Bouncer that the young dragon would learn from his mistakes, but the former boxer himself hoped that he wasn't making a large mistake. Tensions rose when Blades knocked out the leader of a group of Drow who would've told the Skylanders where to find the Machine Magus. Night Shift and Bouncer scolded Blades for his actions and tried to explain to the young dragon about the value of being in a team. However, Blades shrugged off their words and claimed that he didn't need anyone's help.
When Blades went off to face the Machine Magus on his own, Night Shift, Bouncer and Trigger Happy followed suit after realizing that Blades may be fighting a losing battle. They managed to rescue Blades before Magus could finish him off, and with their combined efforts as a team, the Skylanders defeated the Drow. After the mission, Night Shift's sound judgement came true as Blades apologized for his behavior and the Skylanders officially welcomed him into the team.
As a former boxing champion, Night Shift can throw heavy punches as his enemies, and can even charge up an enormous uppercut that deals heavy damage. Night Shift can teleport very quickly, and shoot out ghostly bat allies to attack enemies. Night Shift can even bite his enemies with his huge vampire fangs and regain health.
The Proper Vampire path is the choice for the players who are survivalists. This path further upgrades Night Shift's Vampire Bite abilty, allowing him to, when fully upgraded, regenerate 30 HP by biting an enemy and deal Damage-Over-Time Damage with a single bite. Note that, no matter how many enemies Night bites with a Vampire Bite, it will always regenerate 30 HP.
The Prize Fighter path is the choice for players who want to amass a horde of gold and generally upgrade their Night Shift's uppercut ability. The Pay Day upgrade also gives his boxing gloves a gleaming, golden sheen.
The Warping Vortex path further upgrades Night Shift's teleportation ability, allowing him to, when fully upgraded, create a vortex that pulls in enemies. The Close to Doom upgrade allows this vortex to deal damage, although the damage is small. This path is primarily for crowd control, allowing the Skylander to pull together many enemies that would otherwise take too long to defeat one at a time, or to pull away enemies that are too dangerous to deal with at the moment.
The Underbat path improves Shift's survivability, allowing the Skylander to be revived upon defeat twice. This is a path for true survivalists who want to tank through the masses of enemies with as little losses as possible.
- Health: 200 (max. 400)
- Speed: 38 (max. 86)
- Armor: 4 (max. 34)
- Critical Hit: 8 (max. 58)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 180
- Defense: 100
- Agility: 145
- Luck: 45
|One-Two Punch||Vampire’s Bite||Sting Like a Bat||Don’t Move, Just Stick!|
Press Attack 1 to punch nearby enemies with enormous boxing gloves.
Press Attack 3 to bite enemies and regain some health.
Punching does increased damage. Give 'em the ol' one-two combo!
Hold Attack 1 to charge a punch, release to deal a massive uppercut to enemies.
All attacks do increased damage at full health. Quite sporting of the enemies to miss so often, yes...quite.
|Ethereal Shift||Float Like a Vampire||Foggy Movement||A Batty Coach|
Press Attack 2 to turn into mist and teleport a short distance forward.
Press Attack 2 to teleport and shoot out a projectile that damages nearby enemies.
Speed is increased. Become faster than an old foggy!
A bat ally prevents being defeated one time. What a great pep talk!
Slows down nearby enemies when appearing after a teleport.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- N/A (Primary Attack): 3DSpower1desc
- N/A (Secondary Attack): Add description here.
- Add power here. (SWAP Force Power): Add description here.
- N/A (requires level: 3DSupgrade1level): Add description here.
- N/A (requires level: 3DSupgrade2level): Add description here.
- N/A (requires level: 3DSupgrade3level): Add description here.
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Witherer: Defeat 25 Life Spell Punks.
- Back From the Brink: Defeat a boss while at critically low health.
- King of the Ring: Hit 10 enemies at once with your giant uppercut punch.
- "Roll With The Punches!"
- "The winner, and still champion...me!"
- "You're down for the count!"
- "I could be a contender!"
- "My scorecard is frightening!"
- "Stick & move!"
- "Up high!"
- "Power punch!" - when levelling up
- "I'm a real knockout!" - when wearing a hat
- "Mmm, that look long in the tooth!" - when wearing a hat
- "Is this thing on? This is impossible! Boxing gloves and microphones do not mix." - Night Shift Short Cut
- "What? I am Undead. We are not meant to be all kittens and rainbows."
- "Correction, I am Older than the School."
- "Martial Arts? Bah. Boxing is the sweet science!"
- "That is nothing! Watch me swap with Stink Bomb!" - "Just Like SWAP Force" trailer
- "There are plenty of reasons to stink, my friend."
- Night Shift is the first Skylander to have the ability to return to life after getting defeated.
- Night Shift has the smallest base health out of all SWAP Force Skylanders.
- In his magic moment, a boxing match bell ring is heard.
- His teleporting differs from that of Hoot Loop, as he can only teleport a set distance in front of him, while Hoot Loop can choose where he teleports. However, Night Shift can teleport faster than Hoot Loop, especially in Teleport Zones.
- He and Stink Bomb are seen in most of the commercials of Swap Force so far, including the intro of the game. They're always seen swapping with each other.
- However, Freeze Blade seems to interact a bit closer towards Night Shift than Stink Bomb.
- Night Shift, Bat Spin and Roller Brawl are all vampires. However, he is the only one whose attack involves biting his enemies.
- The way he bites is similar to a recent fiasco at the 2014 FIFA World Cup match between Italy and Uruguay, where Luis Suarez bites Giorgio Chiellini.
- Like most vampires, he speaks with a stereotypical Transylvanian accent.
- So far, Night Shift is the only male vampire in Skylanders.
- Night Shift's voice actor, Maurice LaMarche, is best known for his voicework in Futurama as Kif Kroker, The Brain in Animaniacs and Pinky And The Brain. LaMarche is also the current voice actor for Doctor Nitrus Brio from Crash Bandicoot as of Crash: Mind over Mutant in 2008.
- If you look closely in the Just Like Swap Force trailer, Night Shift's fangs are slightly drenched with blood.
- As stated in his Short Cut, Night Shift is older than school itself.
- He can heal himself with his Vampire Bite by biting sheep.
- When swapped with the bottom half of Free Ranger, it creates Night Ranger, which shares a name with a rock band.
- When swapped with the bottom half of Freeze Blade, it creates Night Blade, which shares a name with a character from the Saints Row Series.
- Like Hood Sickle, in Skylanders: Trap Team, there is a glitch that allows you to Teleport through certain Mystery Traptanium Gates (in Know-It-All Island, Chompy Mountain and The Future of Skylands).
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 173