- “I'm the one who pulls your strings!”
As an evil puppeteer, Mesmeralda can conjure bombs and moving scythes in clown-like attire. She can manipulate her Puppet Chorus to attack her foes in a zigzag-like pattern. She can also conjure a large pair of her hands in close or far places, they are even strong enough to restrain the Frosthound. She is capable of creating puppets out of thin air, and she was shown to have telekinesis in one cutscene, as she was capable of levitating several plates of food. In the Skylanders mini comic, Biting Back, it is shown she could create voodoo puppets which control the mind and movements of whoever the puppet is based off of.
As a racer-vehicle combo, Mesmeralda boasts the best Top Speed of all the Sea Racing Action Pack villains. Her Acceleration is also great, as is her Armour. She is let down by her decent Handling and sub-par Firepower. Her stat combination makes her ideal for high-speed races and time trials.
- Top Speed: 40
- Acceleration: 30
- Handling: 25
- Firepower: 20
- Armor: 35
Skylanders: Swap Force
Mesmeralda first appeared as one of the guests Kaos' Mom brought with her to Kaos' Kastle. She was later tasked with capturing the Ancient Frosthound atop the Frostfest Mountains and deal with the Skylanders. The evil puppeteer made her grand entrance to the Skylander atop the mountain and proceeded to do battle with them, though thinking the fight is a stage performance with herself as the star. Despite the attacks of her Puppet Chorus and other hazards, the Skylanders eventually bested Mesmeralda in her own show.
Mesmeralda was the winning coach and host of the Undead Derby Tournament Roller Brawl and Spyro took part in. When it was discovered she was responsible behind the strange behavior Roller Brawl's brothers were showing, Mesmeralda dramatically explained that through her puppetry, Kaos forced Roller Brawl's brothers into a life of mindless servitude to get revenge on Roller Brawl for not returning his affections. Both Roller Brawl and Spyro then tracked down Kaos, Glumshanks, and a group of trolls that playing with the puppets used to control Roller Brawl's brothers, driving the villains off and freeing the brothers.
Lights in the house are dimming
Prepare for the beginning
Skylander, come and take your seat!
All the voices hushing
As the curtains climbing
Now your eyes are fixed on me!
Run to your marks my pretties
Into your place, my puppets
Paint on your grins, no time to frown!
I have arrived to claim
More than my share of fame
For one night only in your town!
Make you laugh
And then she'll make you cry
Twist and tangle in her power
All her enemies will cower!
As her fingers dance
Captivated when she sings
Mesmeralda pulls our strings!
Mesmeralda pulls our strings!
Get in line!
Stay in time!
It's time to shine!
The puppets dance
In her trance!
You never really had a chance!
I'm the one who pulls your strings!
You're the one who pulled my strings!
- "Be prepared for the show of your pathetic little lives!" - When selected in Racing
- "Dream on, Skylander, dream on!"
- "You thought you had a chance!"
- She is the second villain in the Skylanders series who sings during battle (the first being Drill-X, though Chompy Mage insists on being a singer and is always interrupted).
- The full version of Mesmeralda's song 'Pull Your Strings' is available on iTunes in the Skylanders: Swap Force official soundtrack.
- Mesmeralda is apparently a well-known puppeteer, according to a residential yeti in the Frostfest Mountains.
- She is voiced by Grey DeLisle, who also voices the Fire Skylander Smolderdash, as well as the current actress for Daphne Blake, starting with What's New Scooby-Doo?
- She bears a resemblance to Fayemelina from Monster Legends.
- In the Strata artbook for Swap Force, it is shown that Mesmeralda's lower body was originally designed like a centipede's. It's possible her legless appearance comes from removing the threatening-looking centipede lower half and not replacing it, as she looked identical otherwise in concept art.
- The centipede half was also covered in Petrified Darkness and some arena props had them as well, indicating that in an early version she was an Evilized singer.