- “Attract to Attack!”
- —Magna Charge's official catchphrase
Magna Charge is an Ultron robot who is one of the SWAP Force Skylanders in Skylanders: Swap Force. He is of the Tech element, and his Swap Force Ability is Speed. He has an Nitro alter ego called Nitro Magna Charge.
Magna Charge came from the great race of Ultron robots, but was mysteriously created with a giant magnet head. This proved problematic, as his peers were all made of metal and were constantly being pulled towards him. As a result, Magna Charge was exiled to a faraway island, where he eventually learned to control his magnetic powers. After years of training, he returned to his home to demonstrate his abilities, but found everything completely destroyed. In searching for answers, Magna Charge caught the attention of Master Eon, who realized the unique Ultron soldier was a perfect candidate for the Skylanders.
- Health: 280 (max. 560)
- Speed: 50 (max. 98)
- Armor: 18 (max. 48)
- Critical Hit: 6 (max. 56)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 110
- Defense: 90
- Agility: 190
- Luck: 70
|Magnet Cannon||Polarized Pickup||Plasma Shots||Magnetic Buildup|
Hold Attack 1 to rapidly fire energy projectiles. Firing for too long will cause the cannon to overheat.
Press Attack 3 to pick up enemies. Press Attack 3 again to slam them. While active, loot will be drawn in from a distance!
Hold Attack 1 to rapidly shoot a Magnet Cannon that does increased damage. Projectiles heat up after a short time, dealing extra fire damage.
Hold an object with Polarized Pickup for a short time, release it to deal extra damage.
Upgraded Magnet Cannon that shoots 3 projectiles at once!
|Magneto Ball||Eject||Rad Wheels||Drag Capacity|
Press Attack 2 to drag an enemy around. Press Attack 2 again to launch them forward. Large enemies cannot be dragged.
Press Attack 1 while dragging an object or enemy to throw it behind to boost forward.
Speed is increased. Brand new developments in magnet wheels!
Two enemies can be dragged at once while dashing.
A new wheel makes thrown objects gain increased damage, range and speed.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Unknown (Primary Attack): (Add description here)
- Unknown (Secondary Attack): (Add description here)
- SWAPpower (SWAP Force Power): SWAPpowerdesc
- Unknown (requires level: 3): (Add description here)
- Unknown (requires level: 6): Unknown
- Unknown (requires level: 9): (Add description here)
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Out-Teched: Defeat Evilized Glumshanks in Jungle Rumble without switching Skylanders.
- Problem Solver: Complete 25 Spark Locks with this Skylander.
- Now That's Using Your Head: Deal 5000 damage using your Polarized Pickup.
- "Attract to Attack!"
- "Full of energy!"
- "That was a polarizing outcome!"
- "I am positively victorious!"
- "Another success."
- "Powered up."
- "I guess you could say I'm in.... Charge."
- "The magnetic force density is an affector field."
- "This place fills me with excitement."
- "Keeping momentum."
- "Precious metals!"
- "I am superior in all areas. Not surprisingly."
- "These are positive numbers."
- "I now have an attractive quality."
- "There is no denying my magnetism."
- "Into the air!"
- He is the only SWAP Force Skylander to have a hand on only one arm.
- The original concept designs for Magna Charge included a massive gatling gun on his left arm. This was eventually dropped in the toy design as the figure finalized, but the team still liked the idea, so they included it as Magna Charge's Soul Gem upgrade.
- He, Shroomboom, Rocky Roll, Eye-Brawl, Dive-Clops and Ro-Bow are the only Skylanders with one eye.
- He's also the only SWAP Force Skylander with one eye.
- During the earlier development stages of Swap Force, Magna Charge's eye and wheel were both yellow, whereas in the current version they are both green.
- However, when you fully upgrade Magna Charge's bottom half, his wheel turns blue.
- If you press the primary attack button while charging, Magna Charge will do a backflip that also damages enemies. If you press the special attack, he will suddenly dash forward and stop, and if you do so while dragging an enemy, he throws them backwards and dash forward a longer distance. Neither attack is mentioned in any of his upgrades.
- Magna Charge can actually stop enemies for spinning as well as make them drop their defenses by using his magnetic abilities, Polarized Pickup and Magneto Ball.
- Magna Charge is capable of gathering gold and food around him while using Polarized Pickup.
- Magna Charge resembles Rocket from Robot on Wheels.
- He, Doom Stone, Rattle Shake, and Night Shift are the only Swap Force Skylanders without any true legs.
- In Trap Team, there is a glitch that allows Magna Charge's Polarized Pickup to remove training dummies off the ground and be destroyed at the Skylanders Academy.
- He and Freeze Blade are the only Skylanders with Nitro variants with the Speed ability.
- Magna Charge and Jawbreaker share some similarities with each other:
- They're both Tech element Skylanders.
- They're both one of the "special Skylanders" (Swap Force for Magna Charge and Trap Master for Jawbreaker).
- Both of their Soul Gems are found in the first level of their respected games.
- They both have an ability that increases their speed.
- He also shares similarities with Tread Head.
- Both are of the Tech Element.
- Both have two words in their name.
- Both roll around somehow.
- Both have a path called “Drag Racer.”
- In Trap Team, if you play as Magna Charge in the Skaletones Showdown and he successfully says his catchphrase, it will not sound robotic. The same thing happens with Nitro Magna Charge.
- His voice actor, Gregg Berger, is well-known for voicing the character Grimlock, leader of the Dinobots, from the Transformers franchise as well as Odie and Orson in the Garfield franchise. He also voiced Hunter and Ripto in the original Spyro the Dragon games.
- In Swap Force, Gregg Berger was uncredited.
- The name of his species is possibly a reference to the Marvel Comics character, Ultron, who is also a sentient robot.
- Magna Charge is similar to the Pokémon Magnemite. Both are one-eyed beings with magnets on their heads.
- The magnet theme for Magna Charge may very well be a reference to how the real-world SWAP Force figures use magnets to swap parts.