|This article is also viewed at the Spyro Wiki.|
- “Abracadabra! Hey there! Wanna some magic tricks?”
- —Ring of Heroes Relationship Description
Magic is one of the ten main elements introduced in the Skylanders series. Being the most essential of all the initial eight Elements, Magic flows through everything and every other Element would be rendered powerless without its presence. This element is associated with magenta, violet and violet-blue, and several other shades of purple.
Magic is the force that binds all of Skylands together. The history of Magic can be traced back to before the Arkeyans. They discovered that a substance called Quicksilver was the very essence of all magical being. They harnessed the power of Magic and combined it with technology to create huge and powerful weapons of war.
The Magic element played a part during the battle between the Skylanders and Kaos's minions. When the Core of Light was destroyed by the Hydra, the Skylanders weren't destroyed by the explosion. By the power of Magic, they were banished in balls of light and jettisoned from Skylands into space. As they hurtled through the unknown, they shrank and froze in time before landing on Earth, where they found new Portal Masters to aid their cause.
Eternal Magic Source
The Eternal Magic Source is the birthplace of all creation. Its power is so great that it cannot be contained, even by the Arkeyans. The Weapon Masters stored the Eternal Magic Source in their armory, where it was guarded for the purpose of preventing future generations from discovering their secrets.
The Quicksilver is the energy that flows through all things magic. It is an ancient oil that is essential to Magic within the Core of Light and must be used to bind every other element together.
Skylanders and enemies who are associated with this element use the art of sorcery, illusions or magical powers to take down their opponents. Even though they are stronger against those of the Undead element, characters who wield the Magic element are weak against characters who have the element of Tech in the Battle Arena. When in their toy form, most Magic-based Skylanders stand on a bronze pedestal that is marked with stars and moons. In Skylanders: Ring of Heroes, the Magic element is strong against Undead and Air, but weak to Water and Tech.
In Turret gameplay in Skylanders: Trap Team, Magic Skylanders have the elemental ability Spellbind, that temporarily stops enemies in place. In Kaos Doom Challenge, their elemental tower is a magical cauldron that fires explosive vials, that can be upgraded to have long-range homing shots, a magic circle and an exploding potion bottle that poisons enemies.
In Skylanders: SuperChargers, the Magic-aligned Portal Master Powers include reflective energy shields and the ability to daze enemies. Those are distributed in several conditions, and the names are as follows:
- Mirror Shell - Magic Skylanders get a reflective energy shield in a Magic Zone.
- Entrancing Entrance - Magic Skylanders daze enemies when summoned.
- Ensorcelling Strike - Magic Skylander attacks have a chance to daze and incapacitate enemies.
- Mystical Barrier - A chance for Magic Skylanders hit in a Magic Zone to nullify or reflect the enemy's attack.
- Mystical Desperation - Magic Skylanders get a reflective energy shield when their health is low.
Magic Imaginators can choose from four different abilities as their secondary attack:
|Magic Elemental Imaginator Powers|
The first two of these powers are unlocked at the start of the game, the other two are unlocked by leveling up your Imaginator.
Mastered Time Bubble
Mastered Trick Teleport
Mastered Bewildering Blast
Mastered Orb Shot
The default color schemes for Magic Imaginators include Pixie Dust, Hocus Pocus, Crystal Elixir, Presto, Aristocrat, Lilac Web and Plum Perfect. Parts unlocked by Magic Creation Crystals are from the Witch Set, including colorful garb and a familiar head.
Magic Elemental Characters
Magic Elemental Items
| Magic Traps
| Magic Creation Crystals
|Dragon Hunter's Scale Biter|
|Mesmeralda's Wave Singer|
| Soda Skimmer
|Spellslamzer's Rune Slider|
| Splatter Splasher
Battlecast Spell Cards
Playing multiple spells and gaining more and more is the nature of Magic Spells. Many attacks require one played previously, and others use energy drawn from them as an attack. An enemy fighting against a Magic user must be wary of its abilities to copy the opposing team's spells, and how quickly the team can gain ranks by combining cards.
The scrapped team spell for this element is Mysteries of Magic, a low energy spell where the player gains a spell for each Magic character on the team using a mysterious obelisk.
|Abra-Kaboom||Mind Reader||Fortune Telling|
|Rippling Pulse||Warp Hat - Gear||Arcane Prism - Relic|
|Essence Ignition||Ob's Wand - Relic||Rerun|
|Switcheroo||Magic Mayhem||Thought Theft|
|Nether Warp||Mysteries of Magic|
- All the core Magic Skylanders have a dodecagonal stand.
- The Magic symbol slightly resembles the cutie mark of Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- Friendship is Magic also has a magical purple dragon named Spike.
- Magic has more variants than any other Elements.
- The music from Sky Schooner Docks plays in Magic elemental zones.
- This is the only element to have Enchanted Skylanders.
- Besides the Kaos element, the Magic element has the least amount of Villains.
- It is also the only element without a Doom Raider.
- None of the villains of this element appear as final bosses of any level in Trap Team either.
- It is also the only element without a Doom Raider.
- The Aristocrat Imaginator color scheme's name is a reference to the association of purple with royalty.