- “Even the faintest flicker of light brings out hope.”
- —Ring of Heroes Relationship Description
The Light and Dark were elements that were even unknown to Master Eon himself. However both were cut off from Skylands when the Core of Light was destroyed, leaving the Skylanders of the Light and Dark elements stranded in their respective realms. They would later return to Skylands when the immense explosion that destroyed Cloudcracker Prison broke open the very foundation of Skylands, officially revealing the presence of the two new elements.
A most useful element in pushing away the Darkness, Light is a powerful new weapon that heroes and villain alike have been quick to use. Light Skylanders, such as Knight Light, also possess a strong sense of justice. In Skylanders: Ring of Heroes, Light is strong against Dark, but weak to no element.
Light elemental Skylanders manipulate the light as their main method of attack, and like their Dark counterpart make use of celestial bodies such as stars. In toy form, they either stand on pedestals that resemble white, multiple edged stars or one made from yellow-tinted crystals.
In Skylanders: Trap Team turret challenges, Light Skylanders have the ability Supernova, which instantly destroys enemies in a flash of blinding light. In Kaos Doom Challenge, they can summon a shining pillar of crystal with a laser firing device, which can be upgraded to concentrate a shining aura and a sun-like appearance.
In Skylanders: SuperChargers, Light-aligned Portal Master Powers include a summonable light sphere minion, temporary health regeneration and a bright flash of light that stuns enemies. Those are distributed in several conditions, and the names are as follows:
- Lucent Lasers - Light Skylanders summon a minion of Light in a Light Zone.
- Flashy Entrance - Light Skylanders stun enemies with a bright flash when summoned.
- Shining Strike - Light Skylander attacks have a chance to stun enemies with a bright flash.
- Radiant Recovery - A chance for Light Skylanders hit in a Light Zone to gain temporary health recharge.
- Luminous Desperation - Light Skylanders summon a minion of light when their health is low.
Light Imaginators can choose from four different abilities as their secondary attack:
|Light Elemental Imaginator Powers|
The first two of these powers are unlocked at the start of the game, the other two are unlocked by leveling up your Imaginator.
Mastered Rainbow Rampage
Speed of Light
Mastered Speed of Light
Mastered Luminous Block
Press Attack 2 to toss a blinding orb into the air, damaging and stunning enemies.
Press Attack 2 to quickly dash through enemies and send them flying.
Press Attack 2 to generate energy cover. If you're hit while pulsing, you create a large explosion of light.
Light Elemental Characters
Light Elemental Items
| Light Traps
| Light Creation Crystals
| Sun Runner
- This is the second element to include its name on its Skylanders (Spotlight and Knight Light), the first being Fire and the third being Air.
- In Skylanders: Trap Team, Light has fewest trappable villains in the main story mode (Eye Five and Blaster-Tron). Its other two villains (Luminous and Lob Goblin) can only be found and captured in Adventure Pack chapters.
- Light and Dark have the fewest Skylanders in the entire series.
- This is the only element to not contain any Dark Edition figures.
- It's also the only element to not be featured in any starter pack.
- Three out of the four Villains in the Light element have attacks relating to electricity (Eye Five's Electric Pulse, Blaster-Trons Future Beam, and Lob Goblin's Electro-Mines).
- In the main console games, Aurora is the only Light Skylander figure with visible pupils.
- There are three new Light elemental Skylanders in Skylanders: Ring of Heroes. Light Flashwing, Light Hex and Light Jet Vac, which are counterparts of Skylanders from the Earth, Undead and Air elements, respectively.
- With these characters, the Light element is currently the only element with an equal amount of male and female Skylanders.
- The Light element can be seen in the concepts of Spyro's Kingdom.  It appears to include a Light dragon that doesn't resemble Spotlight in any way, and most interestingly a slightly altered silver Shadow Knight. The pitch for its area appears to be a very early concept for Sunscraper Spire.