|This article is about the character from the games. You may be looking for the character from the spin-off TV series.|
- “Boom Time!”
- —Ka-Boom's official catchphrase
Ka-Boom is a thinker and tinker. He'll mess around with his inventions until he gets them absolutely perfect.
Ka-Boom hails from an ancient volcanic island known as Munitions Forge, where he and his people crafted machinery that was used all throughout Skylands. But the ruthless Captain Ironbeard wanted the forge for himself so he could build an unstoppable pirate armada. With a fleet of pirate ships approaching, Ka-Boom went to work, creating the greatest anti-pirate weapon ever forged – The Boom Cannon! When Ironbeard arrived with his invaders, Ka-Boom met them at the edge of the docks with his cannon lowered, still smoldering red hot from having just come out of the fire. One by one, he sank their ships until Captain Ironbeard finally retreated. Now as a valued member of the Trap Team, Ka-Boom uses his Red Hot Traptanium Cannon to blast evil in the broadsides!
Light in the Dark
Ka-Boom took part in the fight against Pain-Yatta's army of candy warriors. Lead by Gearshift, he and several other Skylanders fought a group of candy soldiers to save three Mabu before retreating into an old castle fortress to hold out when the army began to grow in numbers. As they were cornered by the candy army within the fortress, Ka-Boom and the other Skylanders served as Skylands' last line of defense, battling Pain-Yatta's army with all of their might. The candy army soon fell to pieces just as the Skylanders were becoming overwhelmed (thanks to the actions of the Light and Dark Skylanders in their fight against Pain-Yatta), earning the heroes their victory.
- Health: 250 (max. 500)
- Speed: 60 (max. 108)
- Armor: 12 (max. 42)
- Critical Hit: 80 (max. 130)
- Elemental Power: 39 (max. 89)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 240
- Defense: 50
- Agility: 90
- Luck: 160
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Traptanium Cannonballs||Cannon Jump||
Press Attack 1 to shoot Traptanium Cannonballs.
Press Attack 2 to blast the ground and leapt towards an enemy, leaving a big explosion.
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone/Power Pods.
|Jumpquake||Mortar Strike||The Long Ranger||Cannon Charge|
Cannon Jump now creates an earthquake that damages nearby enemies over time.
Press Attack 3 to fire exploding cannonballs into the air, hold Attack 3 to aim your shot.
Increases the range of the Mortar Strike attack.
Hold Attack 1 to charge up the cannon and release to fire a more powerful Traptanium Cannonball.
|Bouncing Balls||Super Bouncing Balls||Triple Shot|
Traptanium Cannonballs ricochet off of walls.
Traptanium Cannonballs bounce between enemies.
Shoot 3 Traptanium Cannonballs at once.
|Fire Fly||Big Air||Triple Jump|
Scorch all enemies in the path of Ka-Boom's Cannon Jump.
Cannon Jump has a greater area of effect and stuns enemies.
Can do 3 Cannon Jump attacks in a row without having to rest.
Traptanium Cannon Ball (Active)
Mana cost: 4
Cannon jump (Active)
Mana cost: 3
Aimed Artillery (Passive)
Increases your Accuracy by 5% in battle.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- 3DSpower1 (Primary Attack): 3DSpower1desc
- 3DSpower2 (Secondary Attack): 3DSpower2desc
- 3DSupgrade1 (requires level: 3DSupgrade1level): 3DSupgrade1desc
- 3DSupgrade2 (requires level: 3DSupgrade2level): 3DSupgrade2desc
- 3DSupgrade3 (requires level: 3DSupgrade3level): 3DSupgrade3desc
Trap Attack Preview
- "Boom Time!"
- "Now that was a blast!"
- "Fire it up!"
- "My turn to burn!"
- "Go time!"
- "Look out!"
- "Sure shot!"
- "Welcome to Blastville, population: You!"
- "Maximum firepower!"
- "Getting hotter..."
- "Burnin' up!"
- "Maximum boom!"
- "Here comes the boom!"
- "Oh yeah, more bright stuff!"
- "Pay day!"
- "Master blaster!" - after levelling up
- "Aimin' high!" - when checking stats
- "Settin' my sights!"
- "I look good in anything!" - when given a hat
- "So hot, it's cool."
- "Sounds like a real scorcher!" - when given a nickname
- "This name needs more boom!"
- Ka-Boom, Boomer, Shroomboom, Sonic Boom, Boom Bloom, and Boom Jet all have the word Boom in their names.
- He and Snap Shot are the only Trap Masters to wield a projectile weapon.
- Ka-Boom bears a notable resemblance to several other characters or individuals, such as:
- Former WWE star, Hulk Hogan.
- Hellboy, a Dark Horse Comics character.
- Various bruisers in the Borderlands series.
- Tristana from League of Legends.
- Thunderbolt Ross a.k.a. The Red Hulk from Marvel Comics.
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection (2015), page 61