- “Bow down to the king!”
- —Bowser, Unexpected Allies
Hammer Slam Bowser, otherwise known as Bowser, is the Koopa King and a special Skylander-amiibo hybrid, along with Turbo Charge Donkey Kong. He is well known as the main antagonist of the Mario series. Hammer Slam Bowser is one of the Fire SuperChargers in Skylanders: SuperChargers, equipped with his signature vehicle, the Clown Cruiser. He is exclusively playable on Nintendo consoles and is available only in the Nintendo Wii and 3DS Starter Packs of Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing. However, as of late December 2015 and early January 2016, he and Donkey Kong come in SuperCharged Combo Packs with their respective vehicles.
Being one of Nintendo's most iconic antagonists, Bowser is very tyrannical, cruel, ruthless, and oppressive, willing to do whatever it takes to defeat his former nemesis Mario, and capture his love interest Princess Peach. Now as a SuperCharger, Bowser is a trustworthy warrior; courageous, selfless, and loyal to those who can't help themselves. He is still sinister, but in a good way (very similar to the SWAP Force Skylander, Rattle Shake). He is also a very frightening fellow, as he managed to scare Buzz during his quest at Skylanders Academy.
Like many of the Fire Skylanders, the Koopa King is shown to have a fiery temper, though he seems to be able to control it, much like Eruptor. Bowser is also highly intelligent, as in the past, he was able to construct various weapons and machinery single-handedly, though when it comes to combat, he has his Magikoopa assistants Kamek and Kammy do the thinking for him. He also clearly detests immaturity, as shown when he was trying to get Donkey Kong to pay attention to their brawl with Blubberbeard.
Bowser is the king of the Koopas and believes himself to be the supreme, unquestioned ruler of a kingdom far from Skylands. A hot-tempered and spiky-shelled warrior, he was transported to Skylands by traveling through a rift that had been created by Kaos' terrible Sky Eater. The Skylanders sent out a distress call across all the dimensions to call for reinforcements, and for reasons known only to Bowser himself, he has decided to join this epic battle against Kaos and the Darkness in his Clown Cruiser as the newest and most lethal of all the SuperChargers!
When Kaos severed the connection between the Portals in Skylands, Mags' distress signal was not only able to reach all of Skylands but to other worlds as well. Both Bowser and Donkey Kong were transported to Skylands through a rift where they were soon attacked by a gang of pirates lead by Captain Blubberbeard. During the battle, they discovered two Rift Engines nearby and touched them, transforming into SuperChargers. With their newfound powers, Bowser and Donkey Kong defeated the pirates and drove them away. SuperChargers, Bone Bash Roller Brawl and Lava Lance Eruptor, discovered the two newcomers and brought them back to the Skylanders Academy where Buzz explained what was happening to Skylands. At first Bowser wasn't willing to help out, as he believed that since Skylands wasn't his world, it wasn't his and Donkey Kong's fight. Buzz soon noted that if Kaos succeeded in ruling Skylands, Bowser's world would be in danger as well. With an enhanced Clown Cruiser to seal the deal, Bowser decided to join the battle against Kaos as a SuperCharger.
The former Koopa tyrant and the primate hero were sworn enemies. Now together as Skylanders, they are in good terms with one another, as evident when Bowser was defensive of his associate during their confrontation with Blubberbeard and his pirates.
Equipped with a large, fire-infused hammer, Bowser can land devastating blows on his enemies. He can also summon Koopas, Warp Pipes, and transform into Molten Bowser. Purchasing his Soul Gem will cause all active Koopa Troopas to transform into Molten Bones Koopas.
- Health: 00 (max. 0)
- Speed: 00 (max. 48)
- Armor: 00 (max. 30)
- Critical Hit: 00 (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: 00 (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 300
- Defense: 240
- Agility: 90
- Luck: 70
These stats are used in Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing.
- Top Speed: ??
- Acceleration: ??
- Handling: ??
- Firepower: ??
- Armour: ??
In Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing, Hammer Slam Bowser is the best combat racer in the game! Both his Firepower and Armour are exceptional, with his Armour peaking out at the maximum for a Skylander racer. He also boasts good Top Speed. He is let down by sub-par Acceleration and Handling, but makes up for having great battle stats.
His stats are noticeably similar to Dive-Clops'.
As a SuperCharger, he has access to the vehicle mods. When paired with his Clown Cruiser, his Firepower gains a large boost; he also gets a great boost to his Top Speed and an additional boost to his Handling. His Acceleration and Armour receive only a minor boost.
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Hammer Slam||Koopa Troopa!||
Press Attack 1 to swing your Hammer and attack nearby enemies.
Press Attack 2 to call in a Koopa. Jump on Koopas to send them spinning around the level!
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone/Power Pods.
|Molten Bowser||Shell Smash||Red Koopa||Royal Authority|
Press Attack 3 to become a fiery Bowser! Press Attack 1 to swipe at enemies with fiery claws or press Attack 2 to breathe out fire!
Press Attack 1 to hit a nearby spinning Koopa, causing them to spin around faster and do more damage.
Press Attack 2 to spawn a Red Koopa. Red Koopas home in on enemies while in their shell.
Press Attack 2 to spawn a koopa, this will also cause nearby koopas to stop spinning.
|Warp Pipe||Koopa Paratroopa||Super Koopa Spin|
Hold Attack 2 to summon a Warp Pipe which spawns Koopas.
Press Attack 2 to summon a Koopa Paratroopa. Flying AND homing!
Press Attack 1 to make nearby spinning Koopas spin even faster. You can now spin up Koopas even more doing more damage to enemies!
|Molten Hammer||Bowser Bomb||Infinite Fire|
Press Attack 1 three times to do a massive lava slam attack.
Press Attack 3 to enter Molten Bowser mode causing an explosion and massive damage to enemies around you.
Hold Attack 2 while in Molten Bowser mode to deliver a continuous stream of fire.
- Skylanders: SuperChargers marks Bowser's second playable appearance in a fighting game outside the Mario franchise behind the Super Smash Bros. franchise, and his fourth appearance as a playable protagonist after Super Mario RPG, Super Paper Mario, and Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Additionally, it is his first role as a protagonist in which he doesn't ally himself with his nemesis Mario.
- While Bowser is capable of speech in the IDW Skylander comics, he doesn't talk in the game. Because of this, Bowser, Donkey Kong and Crash Bandicoot are the only Skylanders to have no catchphrases. Dr. Neo Cortex doesn't have a catchphrase either, but is fully capable of speech.
- Thwomps were originally part of Bowser's moveset, until it was decided that Koopas were a better fit.
- Molten Bowser is a homage to Giga Bowser in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- Bowser is the first villain who did not appear in Trap Team to have a Skylander figurine. The second is Dr. Neo Cortex.
- He and Donkey Kong are the only two SuperChargers with vehicles not of their respective Elements.
- They are also the only Guest Star Skylanders that have dark versions of themselves.
- The second upgrade of his Molten Monstrosity upgrade path, Bowser Bomb, which originated from Super Mario Bros. 3, the move eventually got it's name with the release Super Smash Bros. Melee.
- Bowser, Spyro, Dino-Rang, Flashwing, Star Strike, Enigma, Donkey Kong, Crash Bandicoot, Dr. Neo Cortex, and Starcast are the only Skylanders who do not originate from Skylands.
- Bowser, Lightning Rod, Zap, Wham-Shell, Chill, Swarm, Grilla Drilla, Punk Shock, and Golden Queen are the only Skylanders who come from royalty.
- Bowser was originally going to have his own element, before ending up as a Fire Skylander.
- He is the fifth playable turtle or turtle-hybrid, the others being Warnado, Slobber Tooth, Bomb Shell, and Shellshock Sheldon.
- When compared to the other SuperChargers in game, Bowser and Donkey Kong appear to be taller than the rest of them.
- Bowser, Donkey Kong, Spyro, Cynder, Sparx, Malefor, Crash Bandicoot, Dr. Neo Cortex, Aku Aku, Uka Uka, and Fake Crash are currently the only characters to appear in game franchises before the Skylanders series.
- Bowser is the second hammer Skylander who is not part of the Earth element (the first being Stump Smash).
- In the Nintendo Wii U version of Imaginators, there is a glitch that causes Molten Bowser to hold his hammer. It happens when Bowser is in his Molten form while the player upgrades him.
- In the Wii U version of SuperChargers, Buzz mistakes Bowser for being a villain from Cloudcracker Prison, which upsets the Koopa very much.
- Despite being based on a specific character, Hammer Slam Bowser's Amiibo functionality acts like a generic Amiibo in certain games like Mini Mario & Friends: Amiibo Challenge and Super Mario Odyssey, most likely because it was made by a third-party company.