- “Gusts and Glory!”
- —Gusto's official catchphrase
Gusto is a big guy with heart of gold. Not actual gold, of course, but Gusto's heart is just as precious.
Gusto was once a cloud wrangler in the peaceful Thunderclap Kingdom, where he learned to master the wind under the guidance of the mysterious Cloud Dragon. But a day came when a fleet of dragon hunters appeared on the horizon, seeking to capture the fabled creature. Despite the danger, Gusto stepped forward to defend it. The hunters could see that Gusto was not a soldier and didn’t even have a real weapon – just a "curved stick." However, he was no coward! And, throwing his large boomerang, Gusto hit his surprised opponents again and again – until the hunters surrendered and were forced to retreat. For standing up for himself and protecting the Cloud Dragon, Gusto was given a new Traptanium Boomerang and made part of the Trap Team!
Light in the Dark
Gusto was one of the Skylanders lead by Gearshift in the fight against Pain-Yatta's army of candy warriors. He and several other Skylanders fought a group of Candy Soldiers to save three Mabu before retreating into an old castle fortress to hold out when the army began to grow in numbers.
As they were cornered by the candy army within the fortress, Gusto and the other Skylanders served as Skylands' last line of defense, battling Pain-Yatta's army with all of their might. The candy army soon fell to pieces just as the Skylanders were becoming overwhelmed (thanks to the actions of the Light and Dark Skylanders in their fight against Pain-Yatta), earning the heroes their victory.
Mastering the wind, Gusto can throw his Traptanium boomerang with great force, which, of course, comes right back. He can charge his boomerang up, which adds electricity to the impact. Gusto can suck in enormous amounts of air, taking in his enemies as well, and blow it back out in a powerful gust that damages foes in the process.
- Health: ??? (max. 0)
- Speed: ?? (max. 48)
- Armor: ?? (max. 30)
- Critical Hit: ?? (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 130
- Defense: 130
- Agility: 80
- Luck: 170
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Boomerangs 4 Breakfast
Throw a Traptanium Boomerang.
Inhale enemies then spit them out.
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone/Power Pods.
|The Breath of Life||Twistin' in the Wind||Electro-Rang||Lots of Lungpower|
Regain HP by inhaling enemies
Spin around and whack enemies with the boomerang.
Hold Attack 1 to charge up the Traptainium Boomerang.
Can inhale more enemies at a time.
|BOOM-erang||Rang Me Like a Hurricane||Boomerang Buddies|
Traptainum Boomerang and Electro-Rang do more damage.
Traptainium Boomerang attacks create mini hurricanes.
Boomerang attack releases additional rangs that orbit and protect Gusto.
|Spin Like the Wind||Shocking Twists||Lightning Ball|
Can perform Twistin' in the Wind attack for longer and spawn mini hurricanes.
Twistin' in the Wind attack electrocutes enemies.
Turn into an unstoppable Lightning Ball.
Mana cost: 3
Electric Boomerang (Active)
Mana cost: 3
Guardian Boomerang Friends (Passive)
If your HP is below 15% when the turn begins, grants the [DEF UP] 10% Effect and the [Provoke] Effect on yourself for 1 turn(s) each.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Boomerang (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to throw a mighty boomerang that hits multiple enemies.
- Gale Force (Secondary Attack): Hold (X) to inhale strongly and damage any enemy caught in the gust of wind. Then, with a belly full of air, press (X) again to expel a powerful blast of wind.
- Belly Slide (requires level: 3): Press (A) to slide on your belly, damaging everything on the way.
- Charged Boomerang (requires level: 6): Hold (Y) to charge up then release the input to shoot out 3 boomerangs with increased speed and damage.
- Power Gale (requires level: 9): Hold (X) to execute a Gale Force attack with increased range and damage.
Trap Attack Preview
- "Gusts and Glory!"
- "All right!"
- "In with the wind!"
- "Storm roaming in!"
- "Go time!"
- "Away we go!"
- "Up wind!"
- "To the skies!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "Easy breezy!"
- "Look at it go!"
- "What a breeze!"
- "Needs more salt."
- "Mm, tasty!"
- "Bring in the storm!"
- "Breezing through!"
- "A storm is coming!"
- "Better take shelter!"
- "Go for the Gusto!"
- "Nature's fury!"
- "Gale force!" - when leveled up
- "Power storm!" - when leveled up
- "A storm is brewing!" - when Traptanium Boomerang glows
- "Rang-a-tang-tang!" - when opening a treasure chest
- "A real downpour!"
- "Taking the world by storm!" - when checking stats
- "The forecast calls for greatness! Every day! Literally!"
- "Let's throw caution to the wind, and, this hat!" - when given a hat
- "I'm on cloud nine with this new hat!"
- "The winds of change are blowing through!" - when given a nickname
- "This name is a breath of fresh air!"
Ring of Heroes
- "Haha, I'm an expert when it comes to drinking up! I'll drink all three bottles in a row! Wait, that's not how you do it?"
- His catchphrase is a pun on the saying “Guts and glory".
- Gusto, Dino-Rang and Bone Bash Roller Brawl all wield boomerangs.
- His name is a Spanish word that means "taste", which could refer to his ability to swallow enemies and to spit them out.
- Gusto, Smolderdash and Trigger Happy have the word "glory" in their catchphrase.
- One of his upgrades "The Breath of Life" is a song.
- Another one of his upgrades, "Rang Me Like a Hurricane" is a pun on a song ("Rock You Like a Hurricane" by Scorpions).
- In Ring of Heroes, Gusto is already equipped with his spiked boomerang from the Air Ace path.
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection (2015), page 9