The Groove Machine is a music player item included in the Sheep Wreck Island Adventure Pack. When placed on the Portal of Power, it makes nearby enemies dance, leaving them vulnerable. In 3DS version, the around enemies fall asleep and don't attack.
- The Groove Machine also affects Sheep.
- Chompies, Geargolems and bosses are completely immune to the music played by the Groove Machine and don't dance at all (But in 3DS version, Chompies are affected).
- The Groove Machine plays the music of Rocket SWAP Zones.
- The effect of the Groove Machine is similar to that of the Groovitron from the Ratchet & Clank series, the Dance-Inator from Phineas and Ferb, and the Doom Dancer from The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3.
- In the Racing part of Skylanders: SuperChargers, the Groove Machine provides temporary speed boost and invulnerability, which is based on Starman from the Mario Kart franchise.