- “A walking time bomb. Literally!”
- —Villain Vault
Grinnade is a bomb who is one of the Fire villains in Skylanders: Trap Team. During the events of Operation: Troll Rocket Steal, Grinnade appeared after the Skylanders entered a troll weapons lab. His attempts to blow the Skylanders up failed miserably and he was quickly incapacitated and trapped.
Being a bomb, Grinnade has the ability to blow himself up if given time to wind up, and spawn smaller Grinnades to attack for him.
In Battlecast, he is able to do other attacks by winding up, such as running through enemies at great speeds and chomping down on them with his metal teeth. The more he winds up, the more powerful those attacks will be. Once he has wound up 3 times, he will explode and deal lots of damage to the enemy team.
Grinnade has 250 HP and 40 power at base level.
|Winding Grind||Wind Up Dash||Wind Up... - Special Ability|
- Skyhighlands - Miner Troubles II
Villain Theme ♫
Grinnade's villain theme is Baby Robot, from APM Music.
- He is similar to Countdown, as both characters are living bombs who can summon mini bombs.
- Grinnade's name is a play on the word 'grenade', which is also an explosive weapon.
- Grinnade is one of the few trappable villains that doesn't speak (others are Sheep Creep, Buzzer Beak, Chompy, and Bone Chompy).
- Grinnade bares a strong resemblance to the Bob-ombs from the Mario series.
- Both Grinnade and Chompy are capable of spawning miniature versions of themselves.
- Though never shown with his mouth open, the Winding Grind card in Battlecast shows he's able to open it and bite foes.
- Grinnade, Shrednaught, and Dr. Krankcase are the only three Villains who are required to access different hidden areas. In Grinnade's case, whenever he uses his self-destruct ability near Purple Tzo Crystals in Skyhighlands, a bunch of money will be released.