- “If There's a Drill, There's a Way!”
- —Grilla Drilla's official catchphrase
Grilla Drilla is a Drilla who is one of the SWAP Force Skylanders in Skylanders: Swap Force. He is of the Life element, and his Swap Force Ability is Dig. He has a construction counterpart who is available in Lost Islands on May 2014.
Never one to think of himself, Grilla Drilla gave up his jungle throne to become a Skylander, knowing it would mean he could protect even more people! Grilla Drilla also follows rules to the letter - suspecting Boom Bloom's eagerness to become a Skylander but still going through the process to ask for Master Eon's advice on the matter.
In the distant jungles of what was once the sprawling subterranean city of the Drilla Empire, Grilla Drilla served among the guards for the Drilla King. Every seven years, the king would select the bravest and strongest guard to become their leader. It was during the last selection ceremony that a troll mining operation broke through the ground above them and quickly snatched the king, wanting to know the location of the famed Drilla Diamond. Having never ventured above ground, Grilla Drilla risked everything to defeat the trolls and rescue the Drilla King. In return for his bravery, Grilla was selected as the new leader. But he instead decided to join the Skylanders, where he could protect even more residents of Skylands.
- Health: 290 (max. 580)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 4 (max. 54)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 200
- Defense: 130
- Agility: 70
- Luck: 70
|Punchy Monkey||Monkey Call||Silverback||Reaching Mandrill|
Press Attack 1 to punch at nearby enemies.
Press Attack 3 to summon a pair of crazy monkeys!
Press Attack 1 to unleash punches that deal increased damage.
Press Attack 1 to punch at a longer range.
King of the Jungle
|Rings of the Golden Monkey|
Arm Drills become shiny gold, making punch attacks do extra damage.
|Planted Turret||Explosive Growth||Spreading Like Weeds||Nature's Bounty|
Press Attack 2 to plant a coconut turret that attacks nearby enemies.
Hold Attack 2 to charge a turret, release to plant a bomb plant that explodes and damages enemies nearby.
Explosive Growth bomb plants will explode into three smaller bombs.
Press Attack 2 to plant a coconut turret that shoots at nearby enemies. Press Attack 2 again to plant another.
All plants gain thorns that damage and push back enemies that step on them.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Unknown (Primary Attack): (Add description here)
- Unknown (Secondary Attack): (Add description here)
- SWAPpower (SWAP Force Power): SWAPpowerdesc
- Unknown (requires level: 3): (Add description here)
- Unknown (requires level: 6): Unknown
- Unknown (requires level: 9): (Add description here)
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Defender of Life: Defeat 25 Undead Spell Punks.
- Fully Stocked: Defeat 250 enemies while at full health.
- Monkeys Mean Business: Deal a total of 2000 damage to enemies with summoned monkeys.
- "If There's a Drill, There's a Way!"
- "Get'n it done!"
- "Every bit counts!" - when collecting coins
- "Nice try... Kinda... Not really!"
- "I feel right at home here!"
- "Monkey see, monkey do!"
- "Success, BIG time!"
- "No more monkey business!"
- "You know the drill!"
- "Up and up!"
- "Power drill!" - level up
- "Power boost!" - level up
- "The DRILL with SKILL!" - stats
- "More impressive than I thought!"
- "Hat or no hat, I look AWESOME!" - hat
- "A SMASHING new look!" - hat
- His base is unique, as it has a large amount of dirt on top of the leaves, compared to the standard Life base which only has leaves.
- Grilla Drilla's name is a play on Gorilla and Driller.
- He is the second Skylander to create turrets, the other being Sprocket.
- He is one of the few Skylanders with drilling related abilities (others include Drill Sergeant and Rubble Rouser).
- Coincidentally, both he and Drill Sergeant have the word "drill" in their names and official catchphrases.
- His catchphrase is based on the quote, "If there's a will, there's a way".
- In the 3DS version of Swap Force, his secondary attack is to throw barrels similar to Donkey Kong.
- In his Soul Gem preview, he is shown to have golden teeth during the gameplay.
- During one of his idle animations, he can be seen picking something from his chest and then eating it, presumably a bug.
- Out of every Skylander, Grilla Drilla currently has the longest catchphrase.
- He and Kaos' Clone current have the most syllables of all catchphrases.
- He, Fling Kong, and Turbo Charge Donkey Kong are currently the only Skylanders to be based upon primates.
- Coincidentally, both he and Turbo Charge Donkey Kong are of the Life element.
- One of his battle cries later became a pun for Fling Kong's catchphrase.
- He has a similar resemblance to Chilla from Kameo: Elements of Power.
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 95