- “A face only a mummy could love.”
- —Villain Vault
- “A Watery Grave Awaits!”
- —Grave Clobber's Sensei catchphrase
For Skylanders: Imaginators, Nat Loh's biggest challenge designing Grave Clobber was having the original Earth villain character with undead mummy vibes become a Water Element Skylander to fill in an open slot. Nat pulled many desperate parts and quickly revamped his Mayan mummy vibe into the Luchador direction by looking up luche libre moves. Originally, Grave Clobber's Gator Geysers attack was named "Sar-croc-phagus", but it was way too hard to say.
Grave Clobber is aloof, violent and intimidating with his attacks and threats. However, he appears to have a soft side, as he will take the time to say punny catchphrases and was seen calmly observing bugs in his Sensei Shrine cutscene before being disturbed by the Brawler Shrine.
Skylanders: Trap Team
Grave Clobber was summoned by the Golden Queen as a last resort to defeat the Skylanders in The Golden Desert. Despite his threatening size, stature, and strength, Grave Clobber was bested and trapped.
After he was captured, the Skylanders took him to the Lair of the Golden Queen for his for his Villain Quest with Cali, though they had to get past her Spy Guys first. His quest was called "Where is Flynn?", where Cali tasked the mummy to rescue Flynn from the Queen's guards, who holding him captive in a labyrinth. After rescuing the pilot, Grave Clobber was rewarded with Cali's thanks and a new outfit.
Grave Clobber was once a great pharaoh who ruled the Golden Desert long ago. That was until his seven jealous brothers buried him in an underwater tomb while he was sleeping. But the remaining brothers still fought among themselves, and their infighting ultimately led to their kingdom falling apart and the family name being lost forever... almost. Because Grave Clobber eventually rose from his watery grave, and when he discovered what his brothers had done to their kingdom, he hunted each of them down and clobbered them. This was how he came to the attention of the Golden Queen, who now ruled the desert herself. She recruited Grave Clobber into her gang of Doom Raiders, but when the Skylanders defeated them once and for all, Master Eon thought that perhaps there was more to this mummy than meets the eye. He gave the old pharaoh a chance for redemption, and since nobody clobbered better than Grave Clobber, he was the perfect choice to be a Sensei trainer for the Brawler Class.
Grave Clobber can use his large fists for strong punches and cause shockwaves on the ground, and summon spiky bones that can be punched to throw bone shards into enemies. In Skylanders: Battlecast, he can imbue his fists with mud for a round of Fighting Dirty, and gain power from defeated teammates, even ones he sacrifices himself.
|Grave Danger||Fighting Dirty||Dust to Dust - Special Ability (Passive)|
In Imaginators, his rocky insides are now full of water and fire off streams when he does a variety of wrestling moves, from punches, to lariats, to belly flops and aerial kicks. Grave Clobber can also summon alligator totems that sprinkle water to reach enemies from afar or to do a powerful vertical suplex. Despite his slow walking speed however, his Sky-Chi shows that his speed lies on his fists, as he throws punches so fast that he absorbs water in waves around him to pull enemies foward.
- Health: 400 (max. 800)
- Speed: ?? (max. 48)
- Armor: ?? (max. 30)
- Critical Hit: ?? (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 320
- Defense: 350
- Agility: 80
- Luck: 200
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Requires unlocking from the
Brawler Sensei Shrine
|Clobber Punch||Gator Geyser||
Press Attack 1 to clobber your enemies. Jump and press Attack 1 to drop kick.
Press Attack 2 to summon a Gator Geyser Fountain that you can punch.
|Big Splash||Luchador Lariat||Precision Slamming||Waves in the Pool|
Press Attack 3 to flop on top of your enemies.
After any Clobbber Punch, hold Attack 1 to launch your Lariat.
Hold Attack 2 to control where your Gator Geyser appears.
Send a wave out with each Big Splash.
|Tsunami Punch||Monsoon Boom||Lucha Libre|
Clobber Punches do more damage.
When you punch a Gator Geyser, it produces a watery explosion.
After any Clobber Punch, hold Attack 2 to perform the Gatos Geyser Suplex or hold Attack 3 to perform the Top Rope Super Splash.
|Geyser Undertow||The Greater Gator||Wave Goodbye|
While holding Attack 2 a whirpool appears to pull enemies where your Gator Geyser will appear.
Gator Geysers do more damage.
Perform 3 quick Big Splashes to pull off the Ultimate Big Splash.
- "I'm going to bury you. HAHAHAHA!" - first appearance
- "You'll never catch the Clobber!"
- "Choose wisely or suffer grave consequences."- when defeated
- "Hey, I want my MUMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!" - when trapping
- "ARGH, let me out of here! No crypt can ever be built that can hold me!!"
- "You want me to come back as good? Well then, show me the mummy!"
- "Pharaoh a go-gooooooo!!!" - when entering
- "Don't let these bandages fool you, I, am magnificent!"
- "Grave Clobber, ready to prowl!!"
- "My fists feel no fear!"
- "Heh, prepare to get clobbered!"
- "They all unraveled in the face of me."
- "Mummies are good at puzzles, especially the ones with traps..."
- "Agh, this is a place I wouldn't be caught undead in!"
- "But where is YOUR sarcophagus, Skylander? I don't leave home without one!"
- "Uh, this is much roomier than my last prison... Eurgh."
- "You are looking frightful there, Skylander. Need help?"
- "The sands of time have run out on this one, eh." - Time Out
- "Still six feet under here, I'm not ready!" - No Timer
- "Uh... Not ready! Changing my bandages in here."
- "The power is mine! Rrready!" - Full Timer
- "My power is complete! Standing by."
- "Ah, yes! Now that I'm entombed in here, I feel more un-alive than ever!" - Villain Zone
- "My undead clobbering skills are at your service." - Quest
- "Aah... You could set those in stone." - checking stats
- "Hm... A fitting addition to the tomb!" - Soul Gem
- "Next stop for you... The afterlife!" - Battle Introduction
- "You are in grave danger!"
- "Knuckle up!" - swapping in
- "Here we go!"
- "Taking a break!" - swapping out
- "Time for a rest!"
- "Eternal power!" - rank up
- "My strength has risen!"
- "Impressive!" - Summoning a Gear
- "Greatness abound!" - Summoning a Relic
- "A powerful tribute!"
- "A wise choice!" - randomly when playing spells
- "Let's hit some paydirt!" - Grave Danger
- "Let's dig deep!"
- "Packing a punch!" - KOed an enemy
- "A fitting end for you!"
- "The sands of time have run out..." - when defeated
- "Down for the count."
- "A grave outcome!" - defeat at the end of battle
- "I must be cursed...!"
- "It's a wrap!" - Victory
- "Eternal glory!"
- "Better wrap it up!" - when poked
- "What now?"
- "I'm here."
- "You're digging an early grave!"
- "I will bury you."
- "A watery grave awaits!"
- "I have risen from the grave, Portal Master, and I am ready to teach your Imaginators how to clobber!" - Sensei Training Bonus
- And if you've got a Brawler for me, I have a Secret Technique that will lift their spirits!" - Secret Technique Bonus
- "Get ready to be callin' for your mummy!"
- "Prepare to unrrravel!
- "I shall bury you!"
- "I am going to bury you!"
- "Spring to unlife!"
- "Flash flood!"
- "I push the barrier!"
- "Crossing over into the afterlife... Or at least a new area."
- "If the grave didn't hold me, what chance did this have?"
- "That really lifts the spirits."
- "Back to the grave with you! Althrough I don't know if you originally came from the grave..."
- "I shall spend all eternity savoring this victory! Or at least until my next one."
- "This is all just... Gravvy." - level up
- "Show me the mummy!"
- "I call upon the spirits of the Undead to show you my abilities... oh. Wait. They just popped up right here! How convenient." - checking stats
- "Doom to the tomb!" - Sky-Chi - Wave Clobber
- "I came, I saw, I clobbered!" - End of Sky-Chi
Villain Theme ♫
Grave Clobber's villain theme is Zombie Run, from APM Music.
- Grave Clobber has the highest amount of health of all the Senseis, having 400 hit points at the start and 1,200 at maximum.
- The name of his villain quest may be a reference to the song from Adventure Time, "Where is Finn?"
- He, Cuckoo Clocker and Hood Sickle are the only villains to be summoned by a Doom Raider.
- He is the only villain to be summoned by a different villain of the same element.
- His turning good quote is a pun off of the famous line in the movie Jerry Maguire.
- His capture quote is based off the phrase "I want my mommy!"
- His head resembles that of the the Spirit of Delphi from Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.
- His name is a play on the term "grave robber".
- His post-Sky-Chi quote is based off the famous phrase of Julius Caesar, "I came, I saw, I conquered."
- Despite being a humanoid made of living stone, his imprisonment has turned him into an undead mummy. Because of this, he makes several references to the Undead element, despite not being elementally aligned with it in any of his appearances.
- Strangely, as seen in his villain introduction and other closeups, his mouth's insides are similar to that of an organic creature.
- He is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson, who also voiced Stump Smash, Tree Rex/Barkley, and Eye Five.
- Richardson was uncredited for his performance in Imaginators as a result of the Performance Matters game voice actor strike from SAG-AFTRA.
- As a Sensei, water constantly drips from Grave Clobber's body to indicate the change in his element.
- He and King Pen are both Brawler Senseis of the Water element.
- One of his idle animations in Imaginators has him attempt to adjust his shendyt, while another has him striking the pose of a traditional Ancient Egyptian mummy.
- Grave Clobber is one of the few Skylanders with two idle animations.
- His origin story from Imaginators is a reference to the Bible story of Joseph.
- lead character gameplay designer
- Book of Kaos, page 49