- “Whoa! The rhythmic rotation of the flipping arrow has me hypnotized beyond the capacity for independent thought...!”
- —Gary, My Way or the Sky Way
Gary is easily irritated, especially by the notion of asking for others for help.
Gary makes his first appearance in My Way or the Sky Way, walking around Uncle Merle's. He and Claire are hypnotized by Kaos' spinning arrow as he absentmindedly spins it with magic and are compelled by him to eat lizard gizzards, making him realize he can force another Mabu to do his bidding.
In Anger Mismanagement, the Skylanders accidentally take Gary's several month old reservation at Uncle Merle's dinner service, causing him to have an outburst at the entrance. Despite his own previous outburst, Eruptor stops to call him out on it as he leaves.
In Crash Landing, after a ill-fated attempt at vacationing in the Falling Forest, Gary and Claire are captured by Greebles and nearly eaten, until they are saved by Crash Bandicoot. Despite their rescue, they continue on arguing as they leave without thanking the heroes.
- Gary and Claire are seen in Skylanders Academy at various times in the show, but the purpose is unknown.
- Though their names are never revealed, the arguing Mabu couple in the main series' Cursed Tiki Temple appears to be based off of Gary and Claire, or be the characters themselves on another vacation.
- His Anger Mismanagement appearance reveals his last name is Skylandersson.