- “Knock Knock... Too Late!”
- —Fist Bump's official catchphrase
Fist Bump is always the first person to shake things up at a party. He loves to get loose and rock out.
Fist Bump had long been the sleeping protector of the Bubbling Bamboo Forest, but awoke from a long hibernation when a horde of nasty purple Greebles arrived with gigantic rock-smashing machines. Intent on building a new base, their machines wreaked havoc – chewing up the land and spitting out billowing clouds of smoke into the enchanted air. Seeing this, Fist Bump was furious. Using his enormous stone fists, he hammered the ground with all his strength, creating a massive earthquake that sent huge shockwaves towards the Greeble camp. This reduced the machines to mere scrap and sent the Greebles running off in a panic. The act of bravery caught the attention of Terrafin, who brought Fist Bump to meet Master Eon. Now as a Skylander, Fist Bump makes evil quake wherever he goes!
Fist Bump, along with Trail Blazer and Fling Kong, served as the final opponents in the Legendary Tournament. The trio of Skylanders mocked and discouraged Déjà Vu, who made it to the Finals, by claiming that she was out of their league and that the finals were only for Skylanders who can "handle heavy combat". As the final round began, Fist Bump teamed up with Trail Blazer and Fling Kong to defeat Déjà Vu, not wanting her to win so that they can be only ones left to battle amongst themselves. In the end, all three Skylanders underestimated the Magic Skylander, who used exploding duplicates to surround Trail Blazer, Fist Bump and Fling Kong and knocked them out. Déjà Vu is crowned the new Legendary Champion, and Fist Bump apologized to her for his behavior along with Fling Kong and Trail Blazer.
Fist Bump can utilize his enormous strength in combat, being able to create fault lines and earthquakes just by punching the ground. When his fault lines are activated by his panda pound, spiky rocks erupt from them that damage enemies. Fist Bump can even slide across the ground, which damages enemies in his way, and creates fault lines.
- Health: 200 (max. 400)
- Speed: 60 (max. 108)
- Armor: 30 (max. 60)
- Critical Hit: 20 (max. 70)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 80
- Defense: 180
- Agility: 50
- Luck: 50
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Panda Pound||Fault Line Slam||
Riding the Rails
Press Attack 1 to smash the ground and also activate Fault Lines.
Press Attack 2 to slam the ground so hard, it creates Fault Lines.
|Seismic Slide||Panquake||Hold the Line||Don't Bump Fist Bump|
Press Attack 3 to slide across the ground and ram into enemies.
Panda Pound attack creates mini fault cracks and performing it in the air creates Fault Lines.
Fault Lines travel further and farther.
All Fault Lines are automatically activated when you take damage.
|Fault Line in Glass Houses||Quake 'N' Bake||A Bolder Boulder|
When Fault Lines are activated, some of them shoot stones at enemies.
Activated Fault Lines are more powerful and do extra damage.
When Fault Lines are activated, some shoot spikey boulders at enemies
|Healing Bamboo||Bamboo Harvest||Jump For It!|
When Fault Lines are activated, some of them spawn bamboo. Slide into them to regain HP.
Perform a Panda Pound in the air and bamboo plants explode, damaging enemies.
Can perform a Panda Pound in the air much quicker and create an extra Fault Line
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Ground and Pound (Primary Attack): Pres (Y) to punch the ground. If (Y) is pressed while midair, Fist Bump will fall on the ground and crush his surrounding foes. If an Earthslide is present, stalagmites will get out of it to damage surrounding enemies.
- Earthslide (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to punch the ground hard enough to create a line of piles of earth. IF (X) is press while midair, Fist Bump will drop to the ground and hurt all the nearby baddies.
- Landslide (requires level: 3): During the sprint, when (A) is held, Fist Bump can hop on his piles of earth and slide.
- Meteor (requires level: 6): IF (X) is pressed while airborne, Fist Bump will fall on the ground at impressive speed and shoot two Earthslides.
- Knuckle Buster Ultimate Blaster (requires level: 9): Combo: Press (Y) twice and (X) to punch the ground with tremendous strength.
- "Knock, Knock... Too Late!"
- "Rock stomp!"
- "Fists of fury!"
- "Rock on!" - when leveling up
- "Shake & quake!" - when leveling up
- "Looking solid all around!" - when checking stats
- "I'm the best, pound for pound... for pound!"
- "I totally dig the new look!" - when wearing a hat
- His catchphrase was first used by Stealth Elf.
- He and High Five are the only Skylanders who are named after two different friendly hand gestures.
- Fist Bump, Blades, and Knight Light can all perform combos, however they are currently the only three Skylanders who cannot purchase any additional combos, regardless of which upgrade path is selected.
- Fist Bump's placeholder name was Aftershock, which is also the name of an unused dinosaur Skylander. Oddly enough, both characters have a similar type of fists.
- Skylanders Trap Team Fist Bump Gameplay Preview
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection (2015), page 41
- Skylanders Trap Team (Xbox 360)
- Live Demonstration of Character and Toy Design for Skylanders(video version)