- “Burn to be Wild!”
- —Fire Kraken's official catchphrase
A desire to help others burns in the heart of this young, hot-footed warrior. He likes playing with fire, and is less likely to burn out.
Raised on a small island surrounded by a vast ocean of fire, Fire Kraken was the swiftest, most agile warrior his tribe had ever seen. And when a fleet of Fire Troll ships arrived to steal the legendary Burning Heart, a huge elemental crystal that fueled the fiery seas, Fire Kraken leapt into action. Using a magical staff to control his natural ability to wield fire, he set the mighty ships ablaze, forcing the trolls into a hasty retreat. Having saved the Burning Heart as well as his homeland, Fire Kraken soon joined the Skylanders, where he knew his skills would help those in need.
Fire Kraken uses his magical staff to set enemies ablaze, and control his natural fire powers; his staff can be upgraded for a charged attack. He can throw out fireworks from his tail to damage enemies and can be upgraded for a bigger boom, he can even charge it up which causes his tail to light like a fuse, and ends with an enormous fireworks explosion. His most unique power is the ability to turn into a Chinese dragon parade costume!
- Health: 260 (max. 520)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 18 (max. 48)
- Critical Hit: 8 (max. 58)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 170
- Defense: 70
- Agility: 170
- Luck: 60
|Sparkling Strikes||Dragon Parade||Glow Stick||Rising Fountain|
Press Attack 1 to swing the sparkler staff, damaging nearby enemies.
Hold Attack 3 to run around in a dragon parade costume, knocking back and damaging enemies in the way.
Press Attack 1 to swing a new staff that does increased damage.
Hold Attack 1 to charge a staff attack, release to cause a large explosion that knocks up and damages nearby enemies.
|Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Year of the Dragon
|Dance of Dragons|
Hold Attack 3 to start Dragon Parade, release to shoot the sparkling and explosive Dragon costume at enemies.
|Start the Show!||Show-Off||Kraken Up||The Big One|
Press Attack 2 up to three times to perform a firework attack on each press that damages nearby enemies.
Press Attack 2 three times to shoot three colorful projectiles at once.
Press Jump to jump, throwing down fireworks and damaging nearby enemies.
Hold Attack 2 for a short time to light a timed fuse that causes a massive firework attack after a short time.
|Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|The Bigger One|
The Big One creates a huge colorful explosion that does increased damage in a larger radius.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Golden Cudgel (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to perform a melee attack using the legendary weapon - Golden Cudgel.
- A Blaze of Fireworks (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to plant a large firework on the ground, damaging nearby enemies. Lasts for a short time.
- Bounce SWAP Power (SWAP Force Power): Press (L) to activate the Bounce SWAP Power. While bouncing, hold (B) to gain an extra boost and bounce even higher! Each time the character lands, they will deal damage to any enemies close by.
- BANG!! (requires level: 3): Hold (Y) to charge and release to detonate a large firecracker that will damage nearby enemies. After the explosion, the next attack (Y) will detonate a secondary firecracker explosion.
- Loong Sprint (requires level: 6): While sprinting (A), Loong, the Dragon Spirit, will aid your Skylander by damaging enemies it comes in contact with.
- Firework Breath (requires level: 9): Hold (X) to begin spouting fireworks from your Skylander's mouth, damaging any enemies in front of him. Release (X) to launch remaining fireworks out, damaging enemies they hit.
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Mega Melter: Defeat a total of 25 Ice Geargolems.
- Bombardier: Defeat 30 enemies with bombs.
- Don't Rain On My Parade: Knock back enemies 10 times with one use of your parade ability.
- "Burn to be Wild!"
- "Too hot to handle!"
- "Don't mind if I do."
- "Never play with fire!"
- "Blazing a trail!"
- "Hot enough for ya?"
- "I'm on fire!"
- "Red hot!"
- "Razzle dazzle!"
- "It's toasty in here!" - gate
- "Burning through!"
- "Fire it up!" - level up
- "Bang!" - level up
- "Burning the candle at both ends!" - stats
- "I'm just getting warmed up!"
- "Cool! Umm, I mean HOT!" - when putting on a hat
- "I'm stoked over this hat!"
- "Yeah, I got flare." - Fire Kraken Short Cut
- "When evil's attackin', I get Kraken!"
- "It's a dragon, mixed with a ninja, mixed with a roman candle, mixed with a parade. Wanna see?"
- Unlike most dragon Skylanders, Fire Kraken is bipedal so he can "blend in" with the Swap Force.
- Fire Kraken's name is a play on Firecracker, a type of firework.
- Fire Kraken's nose is red in-game but yellow in toy form. Also, despite showing his tail coiled up as seen in his artwork, he doesn't bounce with his tail like Rattle Shake could. Instead, he bounces with his feet and legs.
- Fire Kraken's tuft of hair at the end of his tail is yellow in toy form, but in-game it is blue like the hair on his head. In his official cover art, his tail tuft is red.
- Fire Kraken's eyes are green in-game, black in toy form and brown in the official art.
- Fire Kraken's voice actor, Billy West, is very famous for portraying Stimpy from The Ren and Stimpy Show, Philip J. Fry from Futurama and recreating the voice of Elmer Fudd in the modern Looney Tunes. He was also the voice actor for Sparx the Dragonfly in The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.
- Due to being a Chinese dragon, he resembles Mushu from the Disney movie, Mulan.
- His catchphrase is based on the saying, "Born to be Wild!"
- In Spanish, his catchphrase is "Nacido para quemar", which means "Born to Burn", which is the same catchphrase of Eruptor.
- One of his missions in Lost Islands, "Catching Fire", shares the name of the second book of the Hunger Games series.
- According to his Short Cut, a Kraken is a dragon, mixed with a ninja, mixed with a Roman candle, and mixed with a parade. In actuality, the Kraken is a mythical sea monster.
- Fire Kraken's entire hands, additionally his palms, are colored red on his portrait and in toy edition, unlike the yellow color on his hands in game.
- He shares a name with a Yu-Gi-Oh card.
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 69