|This article is about the group canon to the main storyline.. You may be looking for the group within the Skylanders Academy continuity.|
The Doom Raiders are a group of strong villains in Skylanders: Trap Team. The founder and leader of the group is the Golden Queen, who aims to recruit powerful evil creatures to her cause in order to spread total mayhem. The Doom Raiders terrorized Skylands from their base in the savage Badlands to the point nowhere was safe, until the Trap Team defeated them and locked them away in Cloudcracker Prison.
Kaos freed the Doom Raiders from the prison in hopes of becoming their new leader and putting his latest plan in ruling Skylands into motion. To his surprise, the group of villains already had other plans for world domination and were more willing to follow their original leader, the Golden Queen. However, the Doom Raiders, and many other villains, were eventually recaptured by the Trap Team and placed within the Villain Vault.
In Skylanders: Imaginators, Master Eon gave four of the Doom Raiders a choice: either go back to a newly reformed Cloudcracker Prison or become Skylander Senseis, teaching a new generation of Imaginators their formidable battle skills, as well as how to stay clear of a life of crime. They accepted the deal but first had to prove themselves by re-arranging all the books in the Academy’s library, a task which took almost two years, testing every ounce of will they had. And their knowledge of the alphabet.
In Skylanders: Ring of Heroes, before the events of Imaginators, illusionary pieces of the Doom Raiders can be used to summon playable copies of them. The real villains have also experimented with Petrified Darkness to become Dark Doom Raiders while invading Portal Master guilds.
A number of Doom Raiders have fallen from glory, whether by accident or their own intentions. Wolfgang was a brilliant musician before accidentally discovering the musical note of pain, while Chef Pepper Jack was a famous chef before using ancient recipes to form a criminal empire. But the Doom Raiders are more than just vengeful villains that happen to work together-The Golden Queen has observed each villain and chosen them for their specific skills, planning careful strategies and roles. The Gulper, for example, was chosen not only for his powers but also his low intelligence, to have someone who could not even give away their plans if they were captured, while Dreamcatcher and Chompy Mage were selected for their espionage abilities.
At various points in time, the Doom Raiders played a part in many Skylanders' backstories. Chopscotch had looked up to Wolfgang before he joined the Doom Raiders and fought him when he attacked her home, Barbella's fitness center was destroyed by The Gulper at an unknown point in time, Luminous was imprisoned by Knight Light after an intense battle, and Boom Bloom was actually created by Dr. Krankcase himself.
List of Doom Raiders
|Chef Pepper Jack|
In Skylanders: SuperChargers
| Chef Pepper Jack
Vehicle: Toaster Bomber
| Chompy Mage
Vehicle: Chompy Buster
| Golden Queen
Vehicle: Glitter Glider
Vehicle: Doom Jet
Vehicle: Sub Woofer
| Dr. Krankcase
Vehicle name unknown.
| The Gulper
Vehicle name unknown.
In Skylanders: Imaginators
- Strangely, there is no Doom Raider for the Magic element.
- Pain-Yatta, who is of the Magic element, actually tried to join the Doom Raiders but was rejected by them, as revealed in Light in the Dark. He attempts to join up once again in Ring of Heroes, before changing his mind forever - eventually leading into him becoming a Villain Sensei.
- During development, Kaos was meant to be the Doom Raider of the Magic element.
- Despite being overthrown by the Golden Queen, Kaos is still identified as a Doom Raider by official sources.
- Kaos and the Chompy Mage were first seen in previous games before joining the other Doom Raiders in Trap Team.
- The team's name may have been based off of the Tomb Raider video game series.
- Unlike the other trappable villains, all Doom Raiders have an additional third attack.
- Also, each Doom Raider has their own unique animation sequence when being captured, unlike the regular villains.
- Several of the Doom Raiders call out the name of their attacks as they perform them, not unlike some Skylanders.
- Luminous and Nightshade are the only Doom Raiders who are seen and fought only in Adventure Pack levels and not the main story.
- Luminous is the only Doom Raider who doesn't have an appearance in any of the CGI cutscenes.
- So far Kaos, Chompy Mage, Golden Queen, Wolfgang and Chef Pepper Jack are the only racing Doom Raiders in Skylanders: SuperChargers.
- Chompy Mage and Golden Queen are the only ones that don't use Sky Vehicles.
- Although The Gulper and Dr. Krankcase return in SuperChargers, they only appear as computer players.
- In Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing, however, they are playable characters.
- With the exception of The Gulper, all Doom Raiders are bosses in Skylanders: Battlecast. The Gulper would eventually return as a boss in Skylanders: Ring of Heroes.
- Golden Queen, Wolfgang, Dr. Krankcase, and Chompy Mage are the only Doom Raiders to return as Senseis in Skylanders: Imaginators.