- “Fear the Fish!”
- —Deep Dive Gill Grunt's official catchphrase
Gill Grunt now possesses a trident which he can jab his opponents with, and unleash powerful blasts of Lightning with it. Gill Grunt can now use his jet pack to create waves to wash away foes. His Soul Gem allows him to use his trident to summon a storm which rains lightning down on enemies.
- Health: 270 (Lv. 20: 810)
- Speed: 15
- Armor: 24
- Critical Hit: 6
- Elemental Power: 25
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 200
- Defense: 210
- Agility: 110
- Luck: 180
These stats are used in Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing.
- Top Speed: 12
- Acceleration: 12
- Handling: 15
- Firepower: 15
- Armour: 12
In Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing, Deep Dive Gill Grunt is almost completely balanced in his stats. All of them are good, with his Handling and Firepower being marginally better than his other stats.
As a SuperCharger, he has access to the vehicle mods. When paired with his Reef Ripper, he gains a great boost to his Handling and moderate boosts to his Acceleration and Firepower. Small boosts are added to the Top Speed and Armour.
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Trident Thrust||Power of the Seas||
Storm of the Seas
|Typhoon Turbine Jetpack||Trident True||Wild Whirlpool||Trident Unleashed|
Press Attack 3 to begin hovering with your Jetpack.
Hold Attack 1 when not using the Jetpack to rapidly attack nearby enemies.
Hold Attack 2 while using the Jetpack to create a large whirlpool that damages nearby enemies.
Trident attacks do more damage. Unleash the Trident!
|Wave Jumper||Tubular Tidal Wave||Drive the Wave|
Press Attack 3 to begin hovering with your Jetpack. Press Attack 3 again to land on the ground. Entering or exiting Jetpack mode causes a water explosion that damages nearby enemies.
Press Attack 2 to shoot out three large waves in Jetpack mode.
Hold Attack 1 in Jetpack mode to ride a huge tidal wave!
|Lightning Strikes||Shocking Transition||Lightning Build-Up|
Hold Attack 1 while not using the Jetpack to rapidly attack nearby enemies with lightning.
Press Attack 3 to begin with hovering with your Jetpack. Press Attack 3 again to land on the ground. Entering Jetpack mode causes a lightning explosion that damages nearby enemies.
Lightning attacks do more damage. Storm powered!
- "Fear the fish!"
- "Gillmen never give up!"
- "Time to fish or cut bait!" -Upon entering a vehicle
- "Gill power!" - when leveling up
- "Fins of fury!"
- "A fine booty." -When collecting treasure
- "Quite the lure!"
- "Looking good. Looking good." -When checking stats
- "Fightin' pirates keeps me sharp. I've been all across the Eleven Seas searchin' for what they took from me."
- "Nah, I'm just a soldier who's good at getting' out of hot waters."
- "She's ship-shape, and ready for anything. Just say the word, skipper - uh, I mean Buzz... oh."
- "Thank you, sir! Just doin' our part for the team."
- "That goes without sayin', ha! What is it?"
- "That's a good offer, Buzz, but I'd be a fish out of water. I'll leave that to you."
- Unlike his previous versions, Deep Dive Gill Grunt's water jetpack (if the Water Weaver path isn't chosen) doesn't require seconds of recharging.
- However, the feature of his new jetpack is based on choosing the Water Weaver path.
- He, Zap, Punk Shock, and Wham-Shell are the only Water Skylanders with electricity-based abilities.
- Deep Dive Gill Grunt is the first Water Skylander that can use electricity-based abilities, but is not from royalty.
- When he, Big Bubble Pop Fizz, Super Shot Stealth Elf and Bone Bash Roller Brawl are placed on the portal, they say their official catchphrases in a slightly different tone of their voices.
- This also applies to most of their quotes, which have been completely re-recorded.
- Deep Dive Gill Grunt has similarities to the DC Comics hero, Aquaman. Both are connected to sea life, both have green and orange in their color schemes and they both have tridents for weapons.