Creation Crystals are special figures introduced in Skylanders: Imaginators; magical vials with an Imaginite crystal inside. They allow players to create and transport their Imaginators to consoles at anytime and anywhere. Creation Crystals are elementally aligned and can be edited at any point, but Portal Masters can create only one character per Creation Crystal. Battle Class, levels and upgrades are meant to be permanent, as the Crystals cannot be reset in Imaginators.
Each Creation Crystal consists of two parts; the central Imaginite crystal piece and a casing. Each of these has ten different designs, available in 31 unique combinations. Three of these combinations are also available as Legendary counterparts. All designs are available in three Elements, apart from the cube-shaped crystal and the rune-covered casing, which are available in four each. Life features four combinations, while the other nine Elements feature three combinations each.
List of Creation Crystals
|Air Creation Crystals|
|Dark Creation Crystals|
|Earth Creation Crystals|
|Fire Creation Crystals|
|Life Creation Crystals|
|Light Creation Crystals|
|Magic Creation Crystals|
|Tech Creation Crystals|
|Undead Creation Crystals|
|Water Creation Crystals|
|Legendary Creation Crystals|
| Legendary Creation Crystals
- While Creation Crystals were designed to be non-resetable, it is possible to reset them with early 3DS games. Talking to Wendel in Spyro's Adventure or Hugo in Giants, the games register used Creation Crystals as having an error, offering players to reset them.
- This is also possible in the Wii version of Giants, by selecting the "Reset Broken Toys" option from the options menu.
- The Dark, Light and Legendary Creation Crystals are the only ones with gold grips, coils and differently shaped crystal holders inside the vessels while the rest of the elements' are black.
- It is unknown why the Life element has 4 Creation Crystals while the other elements only have 3 each.
- 5 Creation Crystal designs were never commercially released anywhere, making them impossible to legally add to your in-game collection. This also means that the Fire, Earth, Light, Tech and Air elements have one less crystal than the other elements. It is unknown why these figures were never released.
- Despite being similar in concept to the Crystal Traps which shared multiple moulds but were distinguished by unique names, the Creation Crystals do not have different names to tell them apart.