|This article is about the Skylander canon to the main storyline. You may be looking for the character from the Skylanders Academy spinoff continuity.|
Crash Bandicoot is a genetically-modified eastern barred bandicoot created by his arch-nemesis, Dr. Neo Cortex, and is the titular character and protagonist of the Crash Bandicoot series. Throughout the series, he is commonly seen with his father figure and mentor, Aku Aku, the series' deuteragonist, his sister Coco and brother Crunch, Crash and Coco's pets Polar and Pura, and on rare occasions, his equally goofy doppelganger Fake Crash.
In Skylanders: Imaginators, Crash is one of the Life Senseis whose job is to train Imaginators of the Brawler Battle Class. He is available with Neo Cortex (who is a Sorcerer Sensei of the Tech Element) in the Crash Edition Starter Pack for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (though they're both playable on other consoles) alongside the original components of the regular starter pack: King Pen, the Golden Queen, and a Fire Creation Crystal. He and Cortex are also available in the Thumpin' Wumpa Islands Adventure Pack for those who want to buy them separately.
Crash is reckless and a little goofy, but heroic nonetheless. He appears to be clumsy even as a master of his brawling abilities, being able to lose time with his Sky-Chi should he entangle himself with the yo-yo.
A wormhole has opened in Skylands and the great Aku Aku appears! He has come to announce the once-in-two-decades Synchronization Celebration--a time when all of the worlds align perfectly. All the inhabitants of Wumpa Island are having a party and they want to invite the Skylanders. But with Kaos on a quest to take over Skylands using his army of Doomlanders, the Skylanders must focus on stopping his evil plans. Never one to shy away from danger, the legendary marsupial Crash Bandicoot leaps through the wormhole to join the Skylanders in the ultimate battle against Kaos!
In the Thumpin' Wumpa Islands, Crash Bandicoot was celebrating the Synchronization Celebration with Aku Aku when Dr. Neo Cortex's latest evil scheme went haywire. Meanwhile, Spyro and Mags were on their way to Wumpa Island themselves, and Dr. Neo Cortex was praising his latest invention, the Cortex Matrix Chamber. However, one of his minions, Fake Crash, allowed his curiosity get him as he hijacked the machine, sending the scientist rocketing towards the start of the main island. Though reluctant to trust Cortex, Crash, Aku Aku, Spyro, Mags, and the Skylanders team up with the villain to get rid of the Bad Vibes. At the end of the level, Crash was seen pointing his pointer fingers at Dr. Cortex (possibly his way of complimenting him), but backed away when he saw Cortex getting angry.
Crash met Aku Aku early in his first adventure, and the witch doctor mask has helped the bandicoot ever since. He is often seen as a father figure or guardian to Crash.
Dr. Neo Cortex
Crash Bandicoot was one of Cortex's creations that went wrong. Ever since Crash escaped, Cortex has wanted nothing more than to destroy the bandicoot once and for all. Throughout the Crash Bandicoot series, the relationship between Crash and Cortex has shown that the mad scientist holds deep hatred towards the bandicoot for ruining his plans for world domination. This can be seen again at the end of the Thumpin' Wumpa Islands.
Spyro the Dragon
While the origin of their friendship in this universe is unknown, Aku Aku refers to Spyro as an old friend of Crash Bandicoot.
Crash Bandicoot retains several of his old abilities from the Crash Bandicoot series as a Skylander. He can perform a punch combo before unleashing his classic spin attack, and even perform his classic slide attack. These can be further upgraded to extend the duration and damage of the spin attack as well as adding an upward kick to the end of the slide attack that Crash can combo out of. He is also capable of performing his classic body slam attack to stun enemies briefly and throw out explosive crates that he can then direct into enemies.
A key aspect of Crash Bandicoot's gameplay is his low health and armor, which makes him one of the most frail Skylanders to date. Crash compensates for this by having the highest attack of all Sensei's, as well as the ability to regenerate with brief invincibility multiple times before needing to rest. Crash also has a chance to generate extra lives during combat when he throws out a crate. With his Soul Gem, he also has a chance throw out a special crate that releases his Fruit Bazooka, which he will then use to attack enemies from above. For his Sky-Chi, he uses his yo-yo to pull enemies towards him to attack, though he also entangles himself with it once the meter runs out.
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 200
- Defense: 100
- Agility: 300
- Luck: 200
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Requires unlocking from the
Brawler Sensei Shrine
|Cyclone Spin||Super Slide||
Box O' Rockets
Oh No Yo-Yo Fo' Show!
Press Attack 1 to spin into enemies and knock them down a peg.
Press Attack 2 to slide kick towards enemies and knock them back.
Every now and then, press Attack 3 to throw a Rocket Crate that spawns a rocket. When it is collected, Crash jet packs into the air. Press Attack 1 to shoot Wumpa Fruit and unleash an aerial assault.
and Body Slam
|Cyclone Spin Combo||Five to Life||Upperkick|
Press Attack 3 to toss a crate that explodes. Super slide into or spin near crates to move them around. After enough combat, the next crate is a Crash Crate that spawns an extra life upon destruction. Jump and press Attack 3 to perform a classic body slam belly flop!
Keep pressing Attack 1 to keep the spin going. Move faster during this spin for a while.
Crash can now revive up to four times, a total of five lives!
Hold Attack 3 to perform an upperkick that knocks enemies upwards.
|Spin to Win|
|Aku Aku Dash||Suction Cyclone Spin||Go Yo-Yo|
Go Yo-Yo Go!
Run faster after reviving while under Aku Aku's protection. Aku Aku also shields for a longer time.
Keep pressing Attack 1 to keep the spin going. Enemies are suctioned in, knocked away, and hit harder when punched. Movement speed slightly decays over time.
Press Attack 1 three times or more to combo the spin for more area and Attack 1 combo attacks do more damage. Spinning retains its initial speed for a longer time.
|Crates a Plenty|
|Four Squares||Blasting Impression||Dynamight|
Hold Attack 3 to throw crates around in a circle. Makes spinning afterwards a crate idea!
Jump on a crate to make a shockwave that knocks enemies down in a big area.
Crate explosions cover a larger area and do more damage.
- "Fear not, Portal Master. I, the wise Aku Aku, will act as translator for Crash Bandicoot, and assist in making your Imaginators more powerful than ever!" - Aku Aku, Sensei Training Bonus
- "If you have Imaginators from the Brawler Class, Crash would like to train them in a secret technique. I'm sure it is quite amazing." - Aku Aku, Secret Technique Bonus
- "Ah ha!"
- "Uh huh..." - when collecting treasure
- "Ta-da!" - End of Sky Chi - (Oh No Yo-Yo Fo' Show!)
- Crash Bandicoot originated from his original game series.
- His current voice actor, Jess Harnell, reprises his role as Crash in Imaginators.
- Unlike Bowser and Donkey Kong, Crash is capable of saying short words, but Aku Aku does the talking for him.
- Using Crash's slide attack in the air has him do a divekick, a common move in fighting games.
- Crash will skid for a second when he stops running and does not do any other action such as jumping or attacking.
- He, Cortex, Wild Storm and Ro-Bow are the only characters to also act as Adventure Pack figures.
- Crash has the only known example of a scrapped Sensei Training Bonus line. The original was as follows, and played in the E3 2016 demo of Imaginators:
- Crash Bandicoot and Dr. Neo Cortex are the only guest characters whom are owned by the same company which owns the Skylanders franchise.
- He and Donkey Kong are currently the only guest characters in the Life element.
- Aku Aku referring to Spyro as an old friend of Crash could possibly be in reference to the demos they've had to one another's game in the past, as well as cameos in the other's game, or their crossover games Crash Purple and Spyro Orange.
- Unlike Hammer Slam Bowser and Turbo Charge Donkey Kong who are only exclusive to Nintendo, Crash and Dr. Neo Cortex are the first and only guest characters that can be played in any gaming consoles.
- Also unlike Donkey Kong and Bowser, they keep most of their original moveset and appearance.
- As of Skylanders: Imaginators, he has the lowest health out of all the Skylanders. However, because of his multiple lives, he still has more health overall than Trigger Happy and Spitfire.
- He is the fourth Skylander to have the ability to return to life after getting defeated, the first being Night Shift.second being Double Dare trigger happy and third being Astroblast.
- He and Cortex are the only Senseis not featured in Skylanders Creator. Despite that, their unique parts can still be unlocked through timed chests.