- “Dino Might!”
- —Chopper's official catchphrase
Chopper started out when Nat Loh, one of the game designers of Toys for Bob, asked if I-Wei Huang could make a Tech T-Rex with mounted guns. Being an avid dinosaur fan, I-Wei was in love with the idea of a T-Rex in Skylands, but couldn't determine how to make a T-Rex Giant work. As T-Rexes are more horizontal than vertical, it wouldn't play nicely when trying to fit onto the portal with other toys. The development team tried to fit Chopper in the blister pack package, but it was difficult with him being so horizontal. In the end, they tried other ideas for the Tech Giant, and eventually ended up with Bouncer.
In development of Trap Team, I-Wei decided to having another go at creating a T-Rex Skylander, and made Chopper as stubby as possible. However, the mounted cannon didn't flow well, and would cover up much of him. I-Wei doodled a bunch of ideas for different weapons and abilities. Chopper's final form is "a T-Rex with Helicopter, Mech-Suit Legs, and Missiles", drawing in I-Wei's inner child.
Chopper might be a little guy, but he's got big ideas. His passion and bravery always impress his teammates.
Growing up, Chopper was much smaller than the rest of his dinosaur kin. But this didn’t bother him because he had big ideas. Ahead of the annual hunting competition to honor the village idol, Roarke Tunga, Chopper spent weeks building himself a super Gyro-Dino-Exo-Suit. When the competition began, he took the air – firing his missiles and chomping everything in his path. With Chopper on the verge of victory, the competition came to a sudden halt when the nearby volcano erupted, flooding the village with lava. Seeing the residents of his village trapped, Chopper quickly flew into action. One at a time, he airlifted everyone to safety. And was even able to save the village idol. For heroically using his head, Chopper was made a Skylander!
The Kaos Trap
Chopper was the only experienced Skylander onboard the Dread-Yacht when Flynn was transporting the Minis to the Skylanders Academy. The young dinosaur noticed a dazed Flynn walking right off the ship and quickly jumped after the Mabu pilot to catch him. Unfortunately, Flynn proved to be too heavy for Chopper, and they both landed in the snowy area of the Boney Islands. They eventually ended up crashing into the Skylands Museum, where they activated a holographic message from Eon explaining to them about the history of the Skylanders and how they were first banished to Earth.
When Flynn received a bonk on the head, he recovered from his dazed state and frantically explained to Chopper that Kaos was impersonating Weeruptor aboard the Dread-Yacht and was planning on ruining the Skylanders Academy. Flynn and Chopper uncovered a nearby Autogyro and used it to fly out of the warehouse and make their way to the Academy. On their way to the Skylanders Academy, the pair came under attack by a horde of Troll Bombers. They were eventually rescued by the combined efforts of Cali, Tessa, the real Weeruptor, and Wildfire. As the group arrived at the Skylanders Academy, Kaos was already being driven out of the school by Food Fight.
- Health: 250 (max. 500)
- Speed: 60 (max. 108)
- Armor: 6 (max. 36)
- Critical Hit: ?? (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 125
- Defense: 50
- Agility: 125
- Luck: 50
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Raptor Rockets||Chopper Blades||
Ultimate Dino Destruction
Press Attack 1 to shoot Raptor Rockets.
Press Attack 2 to fly into enemies with Chopper Blades.
|Roar!||Rev'D Up Rockets||Homing Missiles||Better Blades|
Press Attack 3 to unleash a powerful roar attack.
Raptor Rockets do extra damage.
Raptor Rockets seek out enemies for a sure hit.
Chopper Blades do extra damage.
|Roar Like Never Before|
|Call of the Wild||R.O.A.R. Missiles||King of the Jurassic Jungle|
Roar attacks does extra damage and travels further.
Hold Attack 1 to charge up Raptor Rockets to release super, Rage of All Raptor Missiles.
Roar attack does maximum damage, with maximum range.
|Blaster From the Past|
|The Bigger The Boom||Props to You||More Missile|
Raptor Rockets create bigger explosions doing extra damage.
Chopper Blades do maximum damage.
Hold Attack 1 to charge up Raptor Rockets to release bigger missiles doing more damage.
Raptor Rockets (Active)
Mana cost: 2
Raptor Homing Missiles (Active)
Mana cost: 1
Mana cost: 6
Ultimate Dino Destruction (Passive)
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- TBA (Primary Attack): TBA
- TBA (Secondary Attack): TBA
- TBA (requires level: TBA): TBA
- TBA (requires level: TBA): TBA
- TBA (requires level: TBA): TBA
- "Dino Might!"
- "Back at it!"
- "Blast from the past!"
- "Extinction or you!"
- "Dino time!"
- "Locked and loaded!"
- "Fire in the hole!"
- "The bigger the better!"
- "Can't stop the chop!"
- "Took you for a spin!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "Right on!"
- "Comin' at ya!"
- "On a rampage!"
- "Ooh, a new discovery" - when opening a treasure chest
- "Fossil fuel!" - when opening a treasure chest
- "Dino power!" - when leveling up
- "Power blast!" - when leveling up
- "I'm awesome, any way you spin it!" - when checking stats
- "Looks like I'll stand the test of time!" - when checking stats
- "Hey, watch the propeller!" - when wearing a hat
- "Woah, where'd you dig up this hat?" - when wearing a hat
- "Call me whatever you like, ooh like Chopper!" - when given a nickname
- Chopper is the first dinosaur Skylander who is not of the Earth element.
- He was originally set to be the Tech Giant of Skylanders: Giants, but as T-Rexes are more horizontal than vertical, Chopper didn't fit onto the portal with other toys. His successor is Bouncer.
- His name and species may have been a reference to Chomper from The Land Before Time series.
- He, Chop Chop and Chopscotch are the only Skylanders who have the word "Chop" in their names.
- Chopper appears to wear a pair of reddish fingerless gloves in the game even though his artwork and figure don't show them.
- He and Krypt King were both planned to be in Giants, but were scrapped and redesigned to be later released for Trap Team.
- Despite not having a flight upgrade, Chopper can fly by double tapping the jump button.
- His catchphrase is a pun on "dynamite".
- When you place Chopper in Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing, he will say "Dino Time!" instead of "Dino Might!".
- As well as this, he will say lines of dialogue that aren't said anywhere else in the series.
- Tri-Tip "stole" Chopper's catchphrase.
- ↑ SDCC Panel, Skylanders Character Development
- ↑ Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection (2015), page 144
- ↑ All Trap Team Skylanders in SuperChargers Racing part 1