- “The classic Skylands Chompy.”
- —Villain Vault
The Chompy is one of the trappable Life villains in Skylanders: Trap Team. This particular Chompy resides in the Mirror of Mystery dimension, where he proves to be surprisingly more powerful than regular Chompies.
- Mirror of Mystery - Workers' Chompensation
Villain Theme ♫
The Chompy's villain theme is unknown. However, it is inspired by the secret Nightmare Mode ending of Giants's theme.
- The Chompy and Kaos are the only two villains in Trap Team who first appeared in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.
- They are also the only two trappable villains who have appeared in every game.
- When evolved, he resembles a tiger or the famous comic strip character, Garfield.
- Despite being in the Mirror of Mystery dimension, he is still evil like all Chompies.
- The other Chompies in the Mirror of Mystery are also aggressive, but they are also stronger than regular Chompies like him. It is unknown why.
- When the Chompy wears a Bone Hat, it is placed in its mouth instead of on its head, much like with Hot Dog in Skylanders: Giants. The same applies to Bone Chompy as well.
- His villain theme is very similar to the theme of the Mos Eisley spaceport from Star Wars Episode IV: A new Hope.
- His theme is based on the music played through the Chompy ending of Nightmare Mode in Giants. It is possible that his theme might be original instead of licensed APM stock music, which most of the other villains have.
- The Trap Team Strategy Guide uses a picture of a Chompy from Swap Force.
- When delivering the Chompy's Skystone from Trap Team to SuperChargers, it will be displayed as an Armored Chompy.
- Both he and Bone Chompy have the same attack and defeat animations.