- “The classic Skylands Chompy.”
- —Villain Vault
The Chompy is one of the trappable Life villains in Skylanders: Trap Team. This particular Chompy resides in the Mirror of Mystery dimension, where he proves to be surprisingly more powerful than regular Chompies.
- Mirror of Mystery - Workers' Chompensation
Villain Theme ♫
The Chompy's villain theme is unknown. However, it is inspired by the secret Nightmare Mode ending of Giants's theme.
- The Chompy and Kaos are the only two villains in Trap Team who first appeared in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.
- They are also the only two trappable villains who have appeared in every game.
- When evolved, he resembles a tiger or the famous comic strip character, Garfield.
- Despite being in the Mirror of Mystery dimension, he is still evil like all Chompies.
- The other Chompies in the Mirror of Mystery are also agressive, but they are also stronger than regular Chompies like him. It is unknown why.
- When the Chompy wears a Bone Hat, it is placed in its mouth instead of on its head, much like with Hot Dog in Skylanders: Giants. The same applies to Bone Chompy as well.
- His villain theme is very similar to the theme of the Mos Eisley spaceport from Star Wars Episode IV: A new Hope.
- His theme is based on the music played through the Chompy ending of Nightmare Mode in Giants.
- The Trap Team Strategy Guide uses a picture of a Chompy from Swap Force.
- When delivering the Chompy's Skystone from Trap Team to SuperChargers, it will be displayed as an Armored Chompy.
- When captured, the chompy will play a marching band tune.
- Both he and Bone Chompy have the same attack and defeat animations.