|This article is about the character from the games. You may be looking for the villain from the spin-off TV series.|
- “For those who like their bad guys extra spicy.”
- —Villain Vault
Chef Pepper Jack, also known as Pepper Jack, is an anthropomorphic red pepper who is one of the Fire trappable villains in Skylanders: Trap Team. He is part of a group of notorious villains called the Doom Raiders.
Jeff Murchie drew a couple dozen character designs for Chef Pepper Jack before settling on the red hot chili pepper direction. He initially drew a lot of butcher knives and meat tenderizers as possible weapons for Pepper Jack but they felt too violent and not particularly funny. The hand-cranked egg beater Jeff added was the comedic element that the character needed.
During the early development of Skylanders: Trap Team, the direction changed and Toys For Bob decided to make the Chef a little bigger and more intimidating (in the Skylander sense of the word).
Pepper Jack has a fondness for making spicy, explosive dishes. Despite turning to evil, he still holds his title as Skylands most renowned chef.
Chef Pepper Jack can hurl explosive peppers and can charge at opponents with his large egg beaters. He's been eating spicy food all his life giving him the ability to breathe fire.
Battlecast Abilities Edit
|Southern Hot-Spit-Tality||Pepper Poppers||Spice Things Up|
|Turn Up the Heat - Special Ability|
Chef Pepper Jack was once the most renowned celebrity chef in all of Skylands – until he discovered ancient recipes for evil delicacies. That’s when he turned his thriving restaurant business into a formidable criminal empire. The scam was simple: he would fly his zeppelin fortress over a village and order the townsfolk to surrender all of their money. If they didn’t, he would promptly serve up a main course of spicy pepper bombs that would blow everything to smithereens! The Golden Queen valued both his explosive and non-explosive culinary skills and recruited him into the Doom Raiders at once. Now, when he’s not serving time in Cloudcracker Prison, he’s serving up atomic omelets of doom!
Skylanders: Trap TeamEdit
Chef Pepper Jack was freed from Cloudcracker Prison by Kaos along with the other remaining members of the Doom Raiders. Like his fellow Doom Raiders, the evil chef disapproved of Kaos's attempt to assume command over the group and was more willing to follow the Golden Queen's orders. Eventually, Chef Pepper Jack planned to capture the Phoenix Chicken at the Phoenix Psanctuary and use her eggs to create an omelet of doom to blow up Skylands. His plot was thwarted by both the Skylanders and Kaos (who secretly planned to sabotage the evil chef's plan in attempt to win over the Doom Raiders), but managed to steal one of the Phoenix Chicken's eggs.
The Skylanders made their way onto Pepper Jack's airship, Chef Zeppelin, to stop the evil chef from fulfilling his deed. In the heart of his massive oven, Pepper Jack engaged the Skylander in a battle, losing after a fiery struggle and became captured. The rehabilitated chef was then brought to Rainfish Riviera by the Skylanders to redeem himself with a Villain Quest provided by a Mabu chef named Galley, who was in a storage shed and explained to the heroes that the local pirates ransacked his supply of cheese needed to make his Cheese Souflé, so he requested Chef Pepper Jack to retrieve new cheese from the evil Stone Head guarding them in a tropical region of Skylands. Eventually, he completed his quest, and was given a new outfit and a treasure chest as the rewards.
Light in the DarkEdit
Chef Pepper Jack was terrorizing a Mabu village with a group of Plant Warriors until the Light Trap Master, Knight Light arrived. Although in disbelief over the existence of the Light element, the Doom Raider sent his Plant Warriors to attack Knight Light, who defeated them with ease. Pepper Jack then engaged Knight Light in single combat, only to be bested.
Chef Pepper Jack returns in Skylanders: SuperChargers as a playable racer with his Toaster Bomber vehicle. When bested in his Boss Pursuit at the Calamity Canyon racetrack, Portal Masters will be able to race as him in Racing Mode with Pandergast.
- "Uh huh, E-XACTLY, Wolfgang! As a chief of great renown, I say P-U, P-U! However, I do like the chair."
- "Mm mm mm. We meet again, Skylander. Hope you brought an appetite, because tonight on the menu, we servin' YOU! Serve you, as in goin' cook you as a dinner. Not serve you, as in present the food to ya, I can see how that would be confusin'. ANYWAY, let's spice things up!"
- "Looks like you want it extra-extra spicy!"
- "I guess YOU'RE the Portal Master Chef now!"
- "I don't know where I'm going, but I hope they got good barbe-CUUUUUUUUUUUUE!" - getting trapped
- "Well, well. Wonder what we got cookin' in here?" *sniffs* "Some with mustard? Mmm!" - when trapped
- "So what'll it be, you want the appetizer or the main course?!"
- "Hot, hot, HOT SAUCE!!!!" - entering the game
- "Get it on!!"
- "Let's get our grill on!!"
- "Oyee! Get ya fire started!!"
- "Let's fry these guys!"
- "Let's get cookin', heh heh!"
- "Bringing in the heat!
- "Let me pepper you with THIS!"
- "Spice it up!"
- "Hot blade coming through!"
- "A victory best served hot."
- "Ooh, I trained at a culinary academy pretty similar to this. Well, I guess I didn't so much train, as I did burn the place down! But still... mm mm mm....GOOD memories!"
- "So I hear Flynn is all about the en-chi-ladas! I'll cook him up a batch, but I hope he like it SPICY!"
- "You know, I really like the Skaletones. Really! One of my favorite all-skeleton Skylands bands for sure!"
- "Oho! I see Batterson has gotten himself a kitchen. But if you want a real barbecue, you call me! Heh!"
- "Oh, this looks like a good place to get some real good home cookin'!"
- "I see you're a little low on health, Skylander. You just call in the Chef whenever!"
- "Whooo-eee! That was fun! Just need to recharge a little." - Time Out
- "Whooo-ee! That was better than barbecue! But now I gotta rest."
- "Just a little more time, Portal Master." - No Timer
- "I'm still marinatin' here, gimme a sec."
- "Hm, hm, hm! The bad guys are going up in flames if you call me in!" - Full Timer
- "Tag me in, I'm fire-rupting!"
- "Ooh! Appreciate the kind words there partner! And I'd be much obliged to pitch in here." - Quest
- "Now THERE is someone I wouldn't mind invitin' to the barbecue!" - Soul Gem
- "This' a recipe for sucess right here!" - checking stats
- "A Trap? Now, that's got some kick!"
- "This pepper just got stuffed!"
- "It's over for you! I guar-an-tee!"
- "Eat my spicy dust!"
- "Time to feel my heat!"
- "Taste my speed!"
- "I cooked up something special for ya!"
- "Ooh, you just left a bad taste in my mouth!
- "Bringing the heat!" - Battle Introduction
- "Pepper time!" - swapping in
- "Hot off the grill!"
- "To the backburner!" - swapping out
- "Let's cool off!"
- "Now we cookin'!" - rank up
- "Hotter than hot!"
- "Red hot!" - Summoning a Gear
- "Well done!" - Summoning a Relic
- "Serve it up!"
- "Sizzlin'!" - randomly when playing spells
- "Order up!" - Pepper Poppers
- "Pepper blast!"
- "Must've been something I ate...!" - Ragin' Cajun/Southern Hot-Spit-Ality(?)
- "Now that's some heartburn!"
- "Extra spicy!" - Spice Things Up
- "Just how I like it!"
- "Looks like you're done!" - KOed an enemy
- "I'm on fire here!"
- "I just got served!" - when defeated
- "Whoa, check, please!"
- "That leaves a bad taste...!" - defeat at the end of battle
- "That didn't go so good."
- "Seasoned to perfection!" - Victory
- "Today's special... Victory!"
- "Now just a minute here!" - when poked
- "Say what?!"
- "Better stop now, I say!"
- "You playin' with fire!"
- "Oh boy."
- "Heh heh."
- Rainfish Riviera - Head of the Cheese
Villain Theme ♫Edit
Chef Pepper Jack's theme is Mexican Chase, also used for his boss battle, from APM Music.
- He is the third chef in the series, after Batterson and Ghost Roaster.
- There are also other chefs in Skylanders: Trap Team; Pot Roast, Cookie, Pumpernickel, Bernie, Cornichon, Tar Tar, and Galley, although they are minor characters.
- One of the things he says is a reference to the television series "Masterchef".
- As an Evolved Villain, his stat menu and the Wii U on the gamepad have a glitch in the game to where it shows him in his white outfit.
- He is one of four villains who, upon being captured in a trap, vaguely reference the smell of mustard (the others are Tussle Sprout, Chompy Mage, and Blaster-Tron).
- His final concept design shows him carrying a yellow pepper in his left hand, but in-game the pepper is gone altogether.
- Chef Pepper Jack speaks with a Cajun accent.
- This references the fact he is a Cajun pepper. He is named after a type of cheese, and coincidentally his Villain Quest involves him collecting cheese.
- One of his Battlecast spells was named Ragin' Cajun before being changed to Southern Hot-Spit-Tality, possibly due to the fact it references a real-world location.
- The head that is featured in Chef Pepper Jack's Villain Quest bares a strong resemblance to the Stone Heads from an earlier chapter in Trap Team, Know-It-All Island.
- He and The Gulper are the only Doom Raiders to be the first captured of their element.
- He is voiced by Darin De Paul, who also voices the Water Skylander, Gill Grunt.
- Even though Chef Pepper Jack never appeared as a playable Sensei in Skylanders: Imaginators, his boss battle theme from Trap Team plays during the rail-grinding segment of the Golden Arcade level.
- He is however playable in the raceway part of Imaginators.