- “The Perfect Swarm!”
- —Bumble Blast's official catchphrase
Bumble Blast is a living, anthropomorphic beehive who is one of the core Skylanders in Skylanders: Swap Force. He is of the Life element, and is available in the Fiery Forge Battle Pack and in a single pack. He has a Christmas version called Jolly Bumble Blast who is available in a single pack.
Protective to the extreme, Bumble Blast defends all wildlife, not just his beloved bees. He places himself in danger to defend others.
Bumble Blast started life as a humble beehive in the Radiant Mountains, where for ages the bees made the most sweetest, most magical honey in all of Skylands. When Kaos heard about this "super honey", he wanted all of it for himself and soon launched an attack on the peaceful Bees. But when his minions arrived to plunder everything the bees had created, they were met by Bumble Blast. He alone had been home to the bees and considered himself their protector. Using the power of the magic honey, Bumble Blast valiantly battled the evil minions, who felt his powerful sting that day. Afterward, Bumble Blast roamed Skylands as a protector of nature, where he soon joined with the Skylanders.
Bumble Blast was an ordinary beehive that resided in the Radiant Mountains and was home to the bees that created the most sweetest and magical honey in Skylands for centuries. Unfortunately this caught the attention of Kaos, who wanted all of the honey for himself. He sent his minions to steal it, only for them to discover an angry beehive who was brought to life by the bee's magical honey. Bumble Blast was in no rush to give up the honey and made sure that the minions had a sting in their tails that day. He soon joined the ranks of the Skylanders and afterwards, became a protector of nature.
Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon
Bumble Blast was one of the assembled Skylanders who attempted to fight against the rampaging Bone Dragon in the Giggling Forest, but was turned to stone. He was returned to normal when the Dragon agreed to un-freeze the petrified present characters.
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Press Attack 1 to shoot honey homing bees at enemies.
Press Attack 2 to shoot a big ball of honey that will coat enemies in honey when hit.
|Honey Beecon||Hungry Bees||Hive Mine||Painful Stings|
Bees will always target and attack enemies coated in honey.
Bees deal increased damage against honeyed targets.
Press Attack 3 to shoot a beehive into the ground. The hive explodes into honey when an enemy approaches it.
Bees gain more powerful stingers, increasing their damage!
|Bee Armada||Stirred up a Nest||Queen Bee|
Hold Attack 1 to charge the Beezooka, release to shoot three bees at once.
A new Beezooka now shoots even more bees that do increased damage!
Hold Attack 1 and charge the Beezooka even longer, release to shoot a Queen Bee that knocks enemies into the air.
|Honey Buzz Blast||Heavy Honey||Honeycomb Bark|
Hold Attack 2 to charge a honey attack, release to shoot a honey glob that contains angry bees.
Honey attacks deal increased damage and slow enemies.
Armor is increased. Bark skin will sometimes drip out honey that coats enemy attackers.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- 3DSpower1 (Primary Attack): 3DSpower1desc
- 3DSpower2 (Secondary Attack): 3DSpower2desc
- 3DSupgrade1 (requires level: 3DSupgrade1level): 3DSupgrade1desc
- 3DSupgrade2 (requires level: 3DSupgrade2level): 3DSupgrade2desc
- 3DSupgrade3 (requires level: 3DSupgrade3level): 3DSupgrade3desc
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Defender of Life: Defeat 25 Undead Spell Punks.
- Fully Stocked: Defeat 250 enemies while at full health.
- Not The Bees!: Hit honey-coated enemies with bees 125 times.
- "The Perfect Swarm!"
- "Buzz off!"
- "Hive and seek!"
- "Now that was a blast!"
- "Piece of cake!"
- "Going up!"
- "Up high!"
- "Here we go!"
- "More power!"
- "Too easy!"
- "Power Blast!"
- "Let's check this place out!"
- "Don't mind if I do!"
- "Looking good!" - when checking stats
- "Big and mighty." - when checking stats
- "Oh I look good!" - when wearing a hat
- "A real tree-topper!" - when wearing a hat
- "Big name for a big tree!" - when getting a new nickname
- "Sweet name..sorta" - when getting a new nickname
- "Beware the buzz!" - winning an Arena Battle
- "You've barked up the wrong tree!" -winning an Arena Battle
- He, Swarm and Hot Dog are the only Skylanders with bee related moves.
- His "Beezooka" slightly resembles the Beeshooter from Plants vs. Zombies Adventures.
- Although his upgrade descriptions say that his "Beezooka" shoots bees, the insects that he shoots sting more than once so it is more likely that he shoots wasps or hornets.
- In his character trailer, there is an error in which the symbol for the Earth element appears next to his name instead of the Life element.
- His catchphrase, "The Perfect Swarm", might be a play on The Perfect Storm.
- He is voiced by David Sobolov, who voices Depth Charge in Beast Wars, Shockwave in Transformers Prime and Lobo in Young Justice and Injustice: Gods Among Us.
- He shares some battle cries with Swarm.
- He and Shroomboom share many similarities with each other: they're both Life element characters, they both use a projectile weapon, they both have a LightCore version, and they are both first available in a battle pack.
- He shares similarities to Zook, as they are both plant-like creatures who are part of the Life element and wield bazooka-based weapons.
- Even though Bumble Blast is shown to be right-handed, in his Soul Gem preview, he is holding his beezooka in his left hand. He may be ambidextrous.
- Bumble Blast's personal quest is named "Not the Bees!", referencing the remake of "The Wicker Man".
- One of his quotes is a reference to the idiom 'barking up the wrong tree'.
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 93