- “No chains, No pain!”
- —Villain Vault
Brawl & Chain is a walrus who is one of the Water villains in Skylanders: Trap Team. He confronted the Skylanders on a flying ship with a group of Bomb Shells and Pirate Henchmen, but was defeated and trapped.
Brawl & Chain can latch onto enemies with his hook and reel them in towards them. He can also spin around with his hooks, damaging his opponents.
- "All right, lets do it! Let's hug it out!" - first appearance
- "You won't catch me, but I might catch you!"
- "Need a extra hand Skylander? Well, not literally a hand but, you know."
- "My true love will always be the SEEEEEEEAAAA!" - when trapping
- "Oh, I get it. Lock me back up inside Traptainium, huh? Well it's not going to hold me this time!" (Tries to break free using his chained hands) "Oh wait, yeah I guess it is."
- "Oi! Where'd you take me to? There's something fishy about this place... and by that I mean not enough fish!"
- "Who wants a HUUUUUUGGGGGG!" - entering the game
- "Glad you brought the old brawl and chain eh?"
- "It's the old Brawl and Chain!"
- "Here I go!"
- "B and C ready!"
- "Get over here!"
- "Give me hugs!"
- "Who wants to give me a hug?"
- "Right this way!"
- "Hugs, I just want hugs."
- "That's what I call a chain reaction!"
- "Ooh, I wish I could get an upgrade from Persephone. I'd probably start with asking for some hands."
- "Oh, yer lucky to have an Academy, Skylander. All we pirates have are surfing seminars!"
- "For a place with no ocean, no fish and no chain oil, this Academy isn't too bad!"
- "You look like you need a helping hand, Skylander. Or maybe, a helping blade!"
- "Oh! That was better than any haul!" - Time Out
- "Ready for a serious brawl!" - Full Timer
- "What? He's dreaming about me? Better tag me in so I can get to the bottom of this." - Quest
- "No weak links here." - checking stats
- Telescope Towers - Fairy Night Lights
Villain Theme ♫
Brawl and Chain's theme is Prepare to be Boarded, from APM Music.
- He is similar to Brawlrus in both name, species, and location.
- He is one of the two villains shown in the Meet The Skylanders videos for Trap Team (the other one being Chill Bill).
- When Brawl & Chain evolves, the color schemes of his appearance is similar to his variant version, except his hand hooks remain the same color.
- Judging by one of his quotes, he likes to eat fish.
- Sometimes, when Brawl & Chain uses his hook and reel ability, he'll say "Get over here!". This is a reference to Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.
- His theme song is similar to the music themes from Pirates of the Caribbean.
- The villain vault description is almost the same as Ghost Roaster's catchphrase.
- If you grab an enemy while holding Attack One, you can perform an uppercut.
- He's the only villain that doesn't say anything after the game states he is trapped.
- Along with Bomb Shell, Wolfgang, and Nightshade, Brawl & Chain speaks with a British accent.
- In the official Skylanders: Trap Team Strategy Guide, on the map page of Rainfish Riviera, Brawl & Chain's location is switched with that of Brawlrus.
- On the Water Villains page, Brawl & Chain's artwork is shown with his counterpart's color scheme.