- “Bombs Away!”
- —Boom Jet's official catchphrase
Boom Jet is a complete daredevil, convinced that he always has to be the best as what he does and can seem full of himself at times. Luckily, he's as brave as he is boastful.
No matter what Boom Jet did, he always had to be the best. He could be seen day and night above his home in the Billowy Cloudplains gunning his engines and performing daredevil maneuvers as he trained to become the best sky surfer in all of Skylands. Unfortunately, Boom Jet never had a chance to compete for the championship because a day came that changed his life forever. The Darkness had come. And with his town on the verge of being completely consumed by the ominous evil force, Boom Jet took action. Using his incredible flying skills, he raced from house to house, rescuing all of the citizens and carrying them to safety… just before The Darkness destroyed his homeland. It was then he realized the protection of Skylands was more important than personal glory, so he sought out Master Eon to offer his services to the Skylanders.
- Health: 260 (max. 520)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 6 (max. 56)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 115
- Defense: 150
- Agility: 105
- Luck: 90
|Football Bomb||Air Strike||Tight Spiral||Go Long!|
Press Attack 1 to throw a football sized bomb.
Press Attack 3 to call for help from the skies. An airstrike shoots projectiles at enemies on the ground.
Press Attack 1 to throw a football bomb that does increased damage.
Hold Attack 1 to charge a football bomb, release to throw a Super Bomb.
Hold Attack 1 to charge a football bomb, release to create storm clouds where the bomb lands that shock nearby enemies.
Air Strike has a chance to drop health supplies if health is low.
|Wind Turbine||Mach 1||Ace Pilot||Turbulence|
Hold Attack 2 to shoot wind at nearby enemies, pushing them backwards.
Press Attack 2 two times to dash forward. Hold Attack 2 to continue bashing quickly.
Speed is increased. Tuned up with brand new turbo.
Hold Attack 2 to shoot three homing propellers at enemies.
Your base speed is increased and a large blast damages enemies at the beginning of the dash.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Rocket Bomb (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to throw a rocket bomb.
- Air Assault (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to call in an air strike to attack your enemies.
- Rocket (SWAP Force Power): Press (L) to hover in mid-air and move quickly while ignoring gravity. While using this ability, you are still vulnerable to damage and enemy attacks.
- Giant Rocket Bomb (requires level: 3): Hold (Y) to charge up a giant rocket bomb that does more damage in a larger area.
- Smoke Trail (requires level: 6): Sprinting (A) leaves a trail of smoke clouds that will damage and stun enemies that come in contact with it.
- Bombing Run (requires level: 9): Air Strike (X) will also drop rocket bombs that deal extra damage to enemies.
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
- Geronimo!: Travel over 250 feet in one fall.
- Skylooter: Collect 500 gold while in midair.
- Tactical Strikes: Defeat 747 enemies with your Air Strike ability.
- "Bombs away!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "Right on!"
- "Definitely a top flight win!"
- "Take off!"
- "Boom time!"
- "Success is mine... again!
- "Jet blast!" - level up
- "Boom time!" - level up
- "Well, looks like a new course ahead!" - gate
- "Yeah I'll take it!" - treasure
- "Nice haul!" - treasure
- "Soaring to new heights!" - stats
- "Firing at all cylinders!" - stats
- "Ooo this works well with my goggles!" - wearing a hat
- "Now I look even cooler!" - wearing a hat
- Boom Jet's voice actor, Roger Craig Smith, is known for his voicework of the video game character, Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Boom Jet and Doom Stone are the only two SWAP Force Skylanders has the first name that rhymes.
- He slightly resembles a NFL quarterback.
- Boom Jet is one of the few Skylanders to have "Boom" in his name (others include Boomer, Sonic Boom, Ka-Boom, Boom Bloom and Shroomboom).
- Even though Boom Jet is never seen getting off of his riding propeller rocket, some of the other SWAP Force Skylanders' top halves are capable of doing that with his bottom half momentarily after performing their attacks (specifically ones with melee attacks).
- When paired up with Fire Kraken's bottom half, then activating 'The Big One', and then 'Go Long!'. (don't throw the bomb). When Boom Kraken comes back down after the Big One, he should have a blue bomb instead of a red one.
- He and Bomb Shell both say "Bombs away!"
- If you swap Doom Stone's top half onto Boom Jet's bottom half, you get Doom Jet, which, coincidentally, shares it name with Kaos's signature vehicle.
- On the versus screen, Boom's fur is colored light tan and his helmet light blue and white, instead of his signature.
- The name of Boom Jet's bottom half "Jet" is the shortest of all the SWAP Force's bottom halves, having only three letters.
- Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 17