- “Mind Over Matter!”
- —Blastermind's official catchphrase
Blastermind is very attuned to the feelings of others and tries hard to help his friends with their problems whenever he can.
Blastermind was once the "hide and sheep" champion of the Sardonic Mountains, where he and his friends played regularly. But when he was about to set a new Skylands record, the ground collapsed and Blastermind fell into a deep, mysterious cavern filled with shimmering crystals. As his friends circled the hole up top, they suddenly found themselves face to face with a dangerous Ham Dragon, who had felt the rumble of the collapse. Down below, Blastermind felt helpless. But fortunately, the cavern was filled with Psionic Power Crystals once used by the Ancients to amplify their thoughts. When the crystals "heard" Blastermind’s worried thoughts about saving his friends, they found him worthy – and bestowed upon him awesome psionic powers, which he used to get out of the hole and mentally blast the circling Ham Dragon. Soon after, Blastermind joined the Skylanders as part of the Trap Team, using his new Traptanium Psionic Helmet to fight evil everywhere!
The Psionic Power Crystals had granted Blastermind incredible Psychic powers, such as levitating himself, as well as creating powerful blasts of brainwaves. He also has telekinesis to levitate and smash his foes against the ground, as well as shoot energy spheres that slow down his foes. His Soul Gem allows him to use his psychic powers to solve Lock puzzles.
- Health: 240 (max. 480)
- Speed: 70 (max. 118)
- Armor: 30 (max. 60)
- Critical Hit: 50 (max. 100)
- Elemental Power: 39 (max. 89)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 170
- Defense: 60
- Agility: 160
- Luck: 150
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Lock Puzzle Psychic
Press Attack 1 to blast nearby enemies with powerful Brainwaves.
Press Attack 2 to levitate enemies and smash them to the ground.
|Tasty Waves||Brain Freeze||Brain Storm||Down to Earth|
Press Attack 1 to use the Brainwave attack for a longer duration.
Press Attack 3 to create energy balls that slow enemies down.
Hold Attack 1 to charge up the Brainwave attack, and release for a super-powered Brain Storm.
Levitated enemies damage other nearby foes during the smashdown.
|Brain Blowout||Remote Control||Mind Mash|
Press Attack 1 near levitating enemies for a massive knockout.
Hold Attack 2 to charge up the Levitation attack and control enemies you levitate.
While levitating an enemy, press Attack 1, Attack 2, or Attack 3 to slam them down repeatedly.
|Mind Control||The More The Merrier||Mind Blown|
Hold Attack 3 to create an energy ball that takes control of enemies' minds.
Levitation Field passes through enemies and can levitate multiple foes.
Mind-controlled enemies damage others after going back to normal.
Mana cost: 3
Mana cost: 4
Brain Freeze (Active)
Mana cost: 4
Psionic Crystals (Passive)
Psionic Power Crystals (Passive)
Psionic Crystals (Leader)
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- 3DSpower1 (Primary Attack): 3DSpower1desc
- 3DSpower2 (Secondary Attack): 3DSpower2desc
- 3DSupgrade1 (requires level: 3DSupgrade1level): 3DSupgrade1desc
- 3DSupgrade2 (requires level: 3DSupgrade2level): 3DSupgrade2desc
- 3DSupgrade3 (requires level: 3DSupgrade3level): 3DSupgrade3desc
Trap Attack Preview
- "Mind Over Matter!"
- "Think again!"
- "Racking my brain!"
- "Exactly as I predicted!"
- "I sense danger!"
- "Heading up!"
- "Oh my!"
- "Up top!"
- "Outsmarting the rest!"
- "Time to focus!"
- "Blaster time!"
- "I'm heading in!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "Blasting through!"
- "Think and it shall be!"
- "Superior intellect!"
- "My power grows!"
- "Full steam a-head"
- "Never had a doubt"
- "I'm heading in!"
- "Going to my head!" - when leveling up
- "Brain power!"
- "Ooh, don't mind if I do!" - when opening a treasure chest
- "Behold the gold!"
- "Getting a-head of the curve" - when checking out stats
- "Smart and powerful, or what I call a win-win!"
- "Ohh, an excellenct new thinking cap!" - when wearing a hat
- "This hat is mind blowing, I'm serious!"
- "Best not to overthink my name." - when given a new nickname
- "Hm, I don't mind this name at all!"
- Blastermind is voiced by Wally Wingert, who is best known for his roles on Family Guy and the Red Almighty Tallest on Invader Zim. He also voices Verl and Threatpack.
- Coincidentally, Richard Horvitz, the voice of Kaos also worked on that show, and Blastermind resembles Kaos somewhat.
- Blastermind and Head Rush are the only two Trap Masters with Traptanium attached to their headgears.
- He and Short Cut are the shortest Trap Masters in height.
- The Traptanium crystals on his helmet are the same shape as the base of Traps.
- In-game, the Traptanium crystals on his head are crooked, but in artwork and figure, they are straight.
- He doesn't get any money if you use Lock Puzzle Psychic on a Lock Puzzle. However, in Skylanders: SuperChargers, he can perform his Soul Gem ability on any Lock Puzzle, whether they are on treasure chests or doors.
- He resembles Megamind from the movie of the same name.
- When driving in SuperChargers, he steers telepathically.
- Blastermind's italian catchphrase is "La Mente Batte La Materia!", which means the same and translates just slightly different.
- ↑ Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection (2015), page 113